English announcement unclear

Started by violinconcerto, June 01, 2011, 07:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

violinconcerto

Hello folks,

I recently received a performance of a violin concerto by a Chinese composer. I also received the announcement at the end of the broadcast performance but can not identify the soloist (only that he was concertmaster of the China National Symphony Orchestra) and even worse the composer. The announcer also mention the subtitle of the piece in English, but my English isn't that good that I understand the word. Do you understand the subtitle or know how to write the composer or soloist?

The announcement is attached (duration ~15 sec) and help very much appreciated!

Best,
Tobias

J.Z. Herrenberg

The composer is Zhang Li Da. The subtitle of the Violin Concerto is, I think, Mengzi, or Mencius, a famous philosopher. But there I am guessing. I suggest you send our member springrite a personal message. He is Chinese.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

springrite

The concertmaster of the China National Symphony Orchestra -- Liu Yuan Ji
Shenzhen Symphony Orchestra conducted by Chen Lin
Concerto for Violin and Orchestra #1, subtitled ( Meng Zi (Mencius?)) by Zhang Li Da

Not sure about the subtitle of the work since the pronounciation may not be close to what it should be. But it is possibly Meng Zi, the name of the second most famous Confucian in history, sometimes known as Mencius. But it may not be.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Mn Dave

Quote from: springrite on June 01, 2011, 08:24:30 AM
The concertmaster of the China National Symphony Orchestra -- Liu Yuan Ji
Shenzhen Symphony Orchestra conducted by Chen Lin
Concerto for Violin and Orchestra #1, subtitled ( Meng Zi (Mencius?)) by Zhang Li Da

Not sure about the subtitle of the work since the pronounciation may not be close to what it should be. But it is possibly Meng Zi, the name of the second most famous Confucian in history, sometimes known as Mencius. But it may not be.

Ball of Confucian. That's what the world is today, hey-hey.

violinconcerto

Thanks a lot for the more than fast replies!

Best,
Tobias