Lucien Durosoir (1878-1955)

Started by snyprrr, July 12, 2011, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snyprrr

Lucien Durosoir (1878-1955) has come to me through his very charming Piano Quintet. As I was perusing, I noticed that one certain label has taken it to task to record what appears to be his entire output for Chamber Music, including an incredibly tempting issue of 3 String Quartets by everyone's favorite new Super Quartet, the Quatuor Diotima.

All I've heard so far is that he was so devasted by WWI that he totally retreated, and wrote only for himself, which would explain the high level of quality that I encountered in the PQ. I'm sure there's at least one Member here who is, has, or so will be finding out for certain what I have only had a small taste of. I am having slight pangs of 'Lost Masterpiece Fever'. Whoever's pocketbook is fatter than mine will have to do the heavy lifting here!! :-*

Thanks! ;) Now GO!!,... and buuuuuuy!!!!! (it IS you Patriotic Duty no less!!) 8)

Bulldog

Just wanted those interested to know that there are four Alpha discs devoted to Durosoir that are in the inventory at Naxos Music Library.  Included is the String Quartets disc mentioned by the OP. 8)

snyprrr

Quote from: Bulldog on July 12, 2011, 07:57:49 PM
Just wanted those interested to know that there are four Alpha discs devoted to Durosoir that are in the inventory at Naxos Music Library.  Included is the String Quartets disc mentioned by the OP. 8)

Has no one any love here? :'( Will I have to be the first? Based on the strength of that Piano Quintet, I'm really going to have to consider that disc of SQs (hint hint ::)).