CD cover art designs

Started by hornteacher, April 06, 2007, 05:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maciek

springrite

Still love my LP covers the best. Maybe because they are bigger.

hornteacher

Quote from: springrite on April 13, 2007, 03:55:07 AM
Still love my LP covers the best. Maybe because they are bigger.

Nowdays you can get one of those LP Frames and display it on your wall.

Maciek

Maciek

Jarring? No, I think the butterfly is really cool!

And yes, that photo with Dali is great! ;)

Hector

Quote from: MrOsa on April 11, 2007, 03:51:30 PM
Oh, man! Thanks so much for those! They made me cry! Nothing on the old "worst CD covers" thread ever did - and some of those were hilarious! But this just beats everything (along with your comment, of course)! LOL!

:D ;D :D ;D :)

These are so awful they are beyond parody.

However, if it promotes the works in that people will listen to the music because they liked the covers (WHO?), then who am I to criticise?

pjme

I've noticed that the photographs on the Netherlands' Radio Philharmonic/Wagner series have been mentioned a couple of times;

they are made by Dutch star photographer Erwin Olaf. Check his website at : http://www.erwinolaf.com/

His most recent work is ...different! :D

Szykneij

I just came across this album while going through my old vinyl records. The same artwork was used for the CD, but it looks much better in the larger format. It was created by Salvador Dali, who is shown shaking hands with Gleason on the back cover. Apparently Dali and Gleason were good friends. The recording was released in 1955 (a very good year).

Not a classical recording, but interesting nonetheless (I hope).
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Poetdante

In the outside of the Classic World,

I love this CD cover.  :)

The Storkes - Is this it?
Chopin, forever.

Mark

I rather like this CD cover - very calming:

Harry

I love this one, very stimulating

BachQ

PerfectWagnerite

FideLeo

HIP for all and all for HIP! Harpsichord for Bach, fortepiano for Beethoven and pianoforte for Brahms!

not edward

Quote from: James on June 03, 2007, 09:27:28 AM

A vast improvement on the stern Pierre of the original issue

"I don't at all mind actively disliking a piece of contemporary music, but in order to feel happy about it I must consciously understand why I dislike it. Otherwise it remains in my mind as unfinished business."
-- Aaron Copland, The Pleasures of Music

orbital

Quote from: pjme on April 15, 2007, 02:35:30 PM

I've noticed that the photographs on the Netherlands' Radio Philharmonic/Wagner series have been mentioned a couple of times;

they are made by Dutch star photographer Erwin Olaf. Check his website at : http://www.erwinolaf.com/

His most recent work is ...different! :D

For NY'ers interested his Grief series are still on display in Chelsea for another 10 days or so. I like his style in that series a lot

MishaK

Quote from: edward on June 03, 2007, 10:06:05 AM
A vast improvement on the stern Pierre of the original issue

I believe those are two different recordings, the one with the lightnings being a newer recording.

not edward

Quote from: O Mensch on June 03, 2007, 11:40:44 AM
I believe those are two different recordings, the one with the lightnings being a newer recording.
Nope, the lightnings is a reissue of the old recording on a different DG sublabel.
"I don't at all mind actively disliking a piece of contemporary music, but in order to feel happy about it I must consciously understand why I dislike it. Otherwise it remains in my mind as unfinished business."
-- Aaron Copland, The Pleasures of Music

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: 12tone. on June 03, 2007, 01:09:47 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D

Someone on the old forum photoshop'd that picture...and immortalized Pink Harp (Eric) ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"