CD cover art designs

Started by hornteacher, April 06, 2007, 05:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornteacher

I'll revive this thread because I enjoyed the one from the old forum.

Que

hornteacher

Another one.......

hornteacher

and of course.......

Harry

My favourites

Harry

Few more.

Harry

O, dear there are even more that took my fancy! ;D

Brian

Harry! We expected better of you!  ;D 

This is not my favorite CD cover, but the man is very ... interesting:

He looks like a member of the Digestive Disorder Dance Company.

bhodges

My favorite CD cover and coincidentally, my favorite CD.  Each of the three works is represented by a graphic element.

Mosolov: Iron Foundry - A chunk of metal.
Prokofiev: Symphony No. 3 - A wing, referencing his use of material from his opera, The Fiery Angel.
Varèse: Arcana - "One star exists, higher than the rest" is the Paracelsus quote that the composer references in the score. 

--Bruce

Que

Quote from: Harry on April 06, 2007, 07:27:13 AM
Oops,Que, is that really your favourite ehhhh cd cover? :o

;D  I do not only like pretty girls, Harry;D

(Though obviously not for the same reasons... ;D)

MishaK

I'm rather fond of the various CSO Teldec releases that depict a classic Chicago building that was constructed the year the CSO premiered the recorded piece.

johnshade

~

~
I actually own this recording, "Tristan und Isolde-An Orchestral Passion". A sixty-five minute orchestral transcription of music from the opera. This cover is strange.

The sun's a thief, and with her great attraction robs the vast sea, the moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire she snatches from the sun  (Shakespeare)

Dancing Divertimentian

This is a fair representation of what is far and away my favorite CD cover. The digital medium leaves it somewhat dull in what is in real life a rich, vibrant palette of colors (think stained glass window with sculpted garnishments).

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Bogey

I used the image from the later for an avatar at one point....
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Symphonien

Don't own these but they are on my wishlist and their covers add to their temptation:

Justin Ignaz Franz Bieber

i assume this is only for classical albums? ;) i love this cover so much. it fits the music perfectly also. if there were a big poster of it i would snap it up in an instant, & there definitely aren't very many classical album covers i'd want a big poster of.

other good ones:

the painting on that last one is erastus salisbury field's "historical monument of the american republic".
http://www.tfaoi.com/aa/3aa/3aa157.htm
what it has to do with renaissance music i have no idea lol.  ??? i think ecm generally has good covers. i also like the cover for rostropovich's recording of bach's cello suites, but i don't think it started out as a cover; it's really a drawing by salvador dali. the cover of my copy of il giardino armonico's album of the brandenburg concertos looks like a wall with grafitti all over it; the boring new cover just has a photo of the group instead. i like the old one much better.  8)
"I am, therefore I think." -- Nietzsche

George

Quote from: bhodges on April 06, 2007, 07:15:47 AM
My favorite CD cover and coincidentally, my favorite CD.  Each of the three works is represented by a graphic element.

Mosolov: Iron Foundry - A chunk of metal.
Prokofiev: Symphony No. 3 - A wing, referencing his use of material from his opera, The Fiery Angel.
Varèse: Arcana - "One star exists, higher than the rest" is the Paracelsus quote that the composer references in the score. 

--Bruce

LOVE the new quote, Bruce!

hautbois

Poetdante

This music is well suited for those images, kind of space, etc.

I want to buy all albums in this series!!!!!  :)
Chopin, forever.

hautbois