Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: DavidW on May 02, 2024, 08:51:19 AMYesterday I received my Bach Suzuki preorder, and I'm pleased to say that it has excellent packaging (good cd sleeves) unlike the Pettersson edition.  It is a massive set and the sleeves for each lithurgical year has its own color, the secular cantatas also have their own color, and finally the other vocal works as well.

Oooh! 78 CDs so I imagine it's a big brick box like some of the Sony/RCA ones? Do the sleeves have work or track details? I don't think BIS has ever made real sleeves before. And of course I'm assuming they printed a giant book of texts.

All these years I've never taken the plunge to buy any of the big Bach cantata box sets from the various labels, so there may be space in my closet for this  ;D

DavidW

Quote from: Brian on May 02, 2024, 06:51:14 PMOooh! 78 CDs so I imagine it's a big brick box like some of the Sony/RCA ones? Do the sleeves have work or track details? I don't think BIS has ever made real sleeves before. And of course I'm assuming they printed a giant book of texts.

All these years I've never taken the plunge to buy any of the big Bach cantata box sets from the various labels, so there may be space in my closet for this  ;D

I think this pic will answer your questions!

Big set-- yes!  Good sleeves-- yes!  Giant book of texts-- yes!!!  Track info on the sleeves-- yes.

Edit: my slippers in view-- super yes!!

Brian

Thank you! Actually four books is even better, you don't have to pull out one giant book every time you listen!

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Maestro267

Vaughan Williams: The Pilgrim's Progress
John Noble (Pilgrim) et al.
London Philharmonic Choir
London PO/Boult

Wanderer

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Maestro267

Bax: Clarinet Sonatas; Piano Trio; Folk-Tale; Romance for clarinet and piano; Trio in one movement
Plane (clarinet)/Gould Piano Trio

Roasted Swan

Quote from: Maestro267 on Today at 04:06:12 AMBax: Clarinet Sonatas; Piano Trio; Folk-Tale; Romance for clarinet and piano; Trio in one movement
Plane (clarinet)/Gould Piano Trio

fine disc