Author Topic: On-line Stores & Sellers  (Read 353180 times)

Offline Brian

• Veteran member
    • Brian's blog
Re: On-line Stores & Sellers
« Reply #1400 on: May 06, 2021, 03:23:16 PM »
If I’m understanding correctly, that includes things I purchased on CD in the past? Interesting.

Yup, I took a look and my account included CDs I purchased way back in 2013-14 and since then completely forgot about. App looks pretty darn exciting.

Offline PaulThomas

« Reply #1401 on: May 07, 2021, 10:02:25 AM »
Brian beat me to it, but yes!

The only exception being as I mentioned for some labels & titles they don't have the digital files available so they can't offer those for streaming/downloads.

In the recent years they have added Hyperion & Linn to their digital catalogue.

Offline Madiel

• Veteran member
    • A musical diary
  • Currently Listening to:
    Whatever's listed in my blog.
« Reply #1402 on: May 14, 2021, 03:08:53 AM »
I haven't tried the app yet, but I just tried the "my library" option on the website.

It was kind of startling to see how much was on there, but clearly it goes back quite a fair way. I had 70 albums listed (and some of those "albums" are several discs long) from order back to 2012. I suspect my first order or two were without an account, so this would go back to whenever I signed up properly.

I've not really paid attention before to the fact that the order history also shows just how much I spent each time. Like when I splashed out A$700 in one go...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 03:12:47 AM by Madiel »
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #1403 on: May 18, 2021, 12:40:55 AM »
Concerning JPC & their problematic website not allowing Visa or Mastercard payments, due to their procedure of an initial confirmation request of a payment of 0.00 Euros, which a lot of bank systems don't acknowledge, so that one has to pay JPC using PayPal in stead:

My AVG safety system now blocks any transfer of money to my PayPal account from my bank account via the Trustly company, nonetheless recommended by PayPal itself, resulting in further troubles.

The alternatives for me then are
1) getting a bank transfer via my bank to PayPal, which can in some cases take time; I don't like the insecurity of it, just like I don't fancy the overall involvement of the Trustly company either, including the use of some of my bank codes on the way;
2) getting a friend who has a PayPal account to transfer money to my account, after paying him firstly, say via a MobilePay;
3) using a different computer or phone with a different browser, that hasn't got AVG installed.

2) and 3) are also somewhat inconvenient, or have some insecurities with them ...

So I contacted JPC again, and they now say that they are rethinking their concept and preparing to make substantial changes in payment procedures.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 02:27:26 AM by MusicTurner »

Offline Que

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1404 on: May 18, 2021, 02:01:19 AM »
Concerning JPC & their problematic website not allowing Visa or Mastercard payments, due to their procedure of an initial confirmation request of a payment of 0.00 Euros, which a lot of bank systems don't acknowledge, so that one has to pay JPC using PayPal in stead:

My AVG safety system now blocks any transfer of money to my PayPal account from my bank account via the Trustly company, nonetheless recommended by PayPal itself, resulting in further troubles.

The alternatives for me then are
1) getting a bank transfer via my bank to PayPal, which can in some cases take time; I don't like the insecurity of it, just like I don't fancy the overall involvement of the Trustly company, including the use of some of my bank codes on the way, either;
2) getting a friend who has a PayPal account to transfer money to my account, after paying him firstly, say via a MobilePay;
3) using a different computer or phone with a different browser, that hasn't AVG installed.

2) and 3) are also somewhat inconvenient, or have some insecurities with them ...

So I contacted JPC again, and they now say that they are rethinking their concept and preparing to make substantial changes in payment procedures.

Wow.... They certainly took their sweet time to reconsider their own procedure, even though it was pretty obvious right from the start that it had become incompatible  (and unnecessary) with the new 3D verification system... ::)
They kept playing it off as a technical problem...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 02:05:38 AM by Que »

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #1405 on: May 18, 2021, 02:10:34 AM »
So they needed all this time to find out that they could make do with the same procedures implemented by all other websites I know of? Im..... es.