On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 22, 2021, 06:33:54 AM
Someone at Chalky's has a sticky nought keyboard key... 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293345636690?epid=114609672&hash=item444cc33152:g:wowAAOSwU0Vd2fw0

:o

Out of stock.

Gotta love algorithms.

Hang on, that's the next volume I'm going to listen to, maybe it's really good!
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Madiel on June 23, 2021, 04:09:19 AM
Out of stock.

Gotta love algorithms.

Hang on, that's the next volume I'm going to listen to, maybe it's really good!
Check out Chalky's_Oz vs. Chalky's_UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273981513127?epid=181619498&hash=item3fca921da7:g:yXAAAOSwlGFdZHu0

PD

listener

After a one year break due to covid interruptions, jpc are now shipping to Canada again.   
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: listener on June 30, 2021, 08:16:05 PM
After a one year break due to covid interruptions, jpc are now shipping to Canada again.
Excellent!

PD

André

Quote from: listener on June 30, 2021, 08:16:05 PM

Yep. Got an email from them. I've filled a cart, but it's made up of desirables rather than must-haves. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet...

JBS

Are they still Paypal only?

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

André

I don't know. I've always used paypal with JPC  :-\

MusicTurner

Still problems with VISA

( JPC = 'Jeopardize Payment Contributions'  ::) )

but Mastercard seems to work now.

Que

aligreto

Quote from: André on July 01, 2021, 03:25:16 PM
I don't know. I've always used paypal with JPC  :-\

+1 and never had a problem with it.

steve ridgway

Quote from: Que on July 09, 2021, 01:57:40 PM
For those in the EU that order from the UK:

 Announcement, EU shipments after 1st July 2021: New Tax rules apply

What a mess. ??? Although there might be an opportunity to make money forwarding items to certain other EU countries.

Que

Quote from: steve ridgway on July 09, 2021, 10:01:48 PM
What a mess. ??? Although there might be an opportunity to make money forwarding items to certain other EU countries.

I used the €22 threshold to order small batches from Europadisc and  Prestomusic free from VAT, which made up for the increased shipping costs. Well, I guess no more....

I believe UK sellers are now looking into the possibility to collect the VAT for the EU on EU-orders, which would give the shipments a free pass into the EU.

I had two delayed orders from Europadisc, which are shipped now. Wait and see how that goes... ::)
But I probably will be billed by Dutch customs, unless the packages due to their modest size slip through.

Madiel

I'm sure they'll sort it out in the longer term. Presto has for some time quite happily collected Australian GST (and not imposed VAT) on my orders.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Madiel

Quote from: steve ridgway on July 09, 2021, 10:01:48 PM

I don't see why. If you purchased, you'd be charged UK VAT when a person in the EU wouldn't. You're not tax-free, you're just paying a different tax. The tax rates would have to be hugely different to make the hassle and postage costs worthwhile.

Que

Quote from: Que on July 09, 2021, 11:32:14 PM

I had two delayed orders from Europadisc, which are shipped now. Wait and see how that goes... ::)
But I probably will be billed by Dutch customs, unless the packages due to their modest size slip through.

My orders have been shipped a while ago, but no sign of the packages.
I fear they are being processed by Dutch customs and am mentally preparing myself for some hefty duties.

Unless Presto and Europadisc start collecting EU VAT, it's game over for ordering from the UK.

Madiel

What's the difference between the rate of the 2 taxes? That is, the customs duty you pay now and the VAT you would pay if they started collecting it?

The new erato

Quote from: Que on July 22, 2021, 12:34:54 AM
My orders have been shipped a while ago, but no sign of the packages.
I fear they are being processed by Dutch customs and am mentally preparing myself for some hefty duties.

Unless Presto and Europadisc start collecting EU VAT, it's game over for ordering from the UK.
Presto does, as least for shipping to Norway so I guess this will be fixed for other countries as well. They are sailing straight through Norwegian customs (but with some delays for processing).

Que

Quote from: The new erato on July 22, 2021, 03:41:47 AM
Presto does, as least for shipping to Norway so I guess this will be fixed for other countries as well. They are sailing straight through Norwegian customs (but with some delays for processing).

I hope so!  For me it's the only way to avoid the substantial "handling fee" of Dutch customs.

Que

Great news from Prestomusic

New Tax rules on EU physical orders from 9th November 2021

Now I will be able to order again (up to €150) without being harassed by Dutch customs and slammed with prohibitive "handling fees"

Of course, provided that Johnson and his croonies don't blow up the trade relation with the EU altogether - which would mean the return of import duties....

Harry

Quote from: Que on November 12, 2021, 11:41:51 PM
Great news from Prestomusic

New Tax rules on EU physical orders from 9th November 2021

Now I will be able to order again (up to €150) without being harassed by Dutch customs and slammed with prohibitive "handling fees"

Of course, provided that Johnson and his croonies don't blow up the trade relation with the EU altogether - which would mean the return of import duties....

Wow, so we can order from Amazon again? Without import duties?
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."