On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Quote from: Spineur on March 30, 2017, 08:54:50 AM
You could have a look at gmarket, the largest online marketplace in Korea

That's where I picked up Younwha Lee's Beethoven cycle.  Since it is a marketplace, it seems more limited for my purposes.  The Kim Jeong Won pickings are down to one disc there, for instance, but yesasia has a lot more, including a Schubert three disc set.  On the plus side, gmarket does have some of Kun Woo Paik's early recordings - Scriabin, Rachmaninoff solo works - so I will probably use it as well later on.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Todd

This may have been posted on before, but this is the first time I recall seeing this.  You can buy some titles directly from Decca at http://store.deccaclassics.com.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

mc ukrneal

Quote from: maxbeesley on October 07, 2017, 02:43:19 AM
Arkivmusic is the best platform to buy classical music.
Arkivmusic is usually not the cheapest, unfortunately.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Spineur

Quote from: mc ukrneal on October 07, 2017, 02:49:55 AM
Arkivmusic is usually not the cheapest, unfortunately.
I also have been put of by the navigation scheme they have.  Its a site that I have visited a number of time, each time abandonning my searches.

Omicron9

Quote from: Spineur on October 07, 2017, 03:52:35 AM
I also have been put of by the navigation scheme they have.  Its a site that I have visited a number of time, each time abandonning my searches.

^This. 
"Signature-line free since 2017!"

Parsifal

Quote from: Spineur on October 07, 2017, 03:52:35 AM

My experience is the opposite. The "Tree" organization where you pick the composer, genre, piece, conductor to narrow your search can be uniquely useful. It is also the only way to see an exhaustive list of who has recorded a given piece. The main limitation is that only in-print, distributed-in-the-us releases are included.

North Star

Quote from: Scarpia on October 07, 2017, 02:39:33 PM
My experience is the opposite. The "Tree" organization where you pick the composer, genre, piece, conductor to narrow your search can be uniquely useful. It is also the only way to see an exhaustive list of who has recorded a given piece. The main limitation is that only in-print, distributed-in-the-us releases are included.
Indeed. I often use Arkiv for precisely this purpose (or to see what is available from a particular artist) - and to find reviews.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

ritter

Quote from: North Star on October 07, 2017, 04:04:40 PM
Indeed. I often use Arkiv for precisely this purpose (or to see what is available from a particular artist) - and to find reviews.
+1 (and good day, Karlo!)

At Arkiv, if you're looking for e.g. Boulez, you know you'll get results for Boulez, and not for Bolling, Boulanger, Bolet or any other approximation that the algorithm might "suggest". That's the problem for me at jpc, for instance: if you change yoyur search criteria from "best results" to "relesase date", all sorts of irrelevant items turn up (just because there are some similarities in the names).

Pity Arkiv stopped producing Arkiv CDs, though. ytes, they were CD-Rs, but thay made some very interesting stuff available...

mc ukrneal

Quote from: ritter on October 08, 2017, 06:38:48 AM
Pity Arkiv stopped producing Arkiv CDs, though. ytes, they were CD-Rs, but thay made some very interesting stuff available...
Really? I didn't know that! What a shame - I was able to fill some very particular holes with that service. But they weren't cheap, so I guess it just got too expensive for the (I expect) low volumes.

Brian

Presto redesigned their website!

Obradovic

Still waiting (in Greece) for 3 Amazon orders (coming from 3 different retailers) one whole month after the latest estimated delivery date... >:(

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Obradovic on October 13, 2017, 06:49:02 AM
Still waiting (in Greece) for 3 Amazon orders (coming from 3 different retailers) one whole month after the latest estimated delivery date... >:(
You should contact them...

Obradovic

Quote from: mc ukrneal on October 13, 2017, 06:51:51 AM
You should contact them...
I did it and they said 'just wait a little more'...

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Obradovic on October 13, 2017, 07:17:52 AM
Ah. Well at least you are on record, which is good if they get lost along the way, though we hope for a delivery!

North Star

Quote from: Obradovic on October 13, 2017, 06:49:02 AM
Amazon marketplace sellers can vary a lot in their delivery times. A month after the estimate is a lot, though. Contact them again soon and ask for a refund if you don't receive the order(s)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Parsifal

Quote from: ritter on October 08, 2017, 06:38:48 AMPity Arkiv stopped producing Arkiv CDs, though. ytes, they were CD-Rs, but thay made some very interesting stuff available...

Really? I still saw Archiv CDs listed when I visited yesterday.

ritter

Quote from: Scarpia on October 13, 2017, 10:22:54 AM
Really? I still saw Archiv CDs listed when I visited yesterday.
Yes, they're  still there, but no new ones for almost two years now IIRC.  :(

aligreto

Quote from: George on October 13, 2017, 12:50:00 PM
They try to tell me that too, sometimes, but I always say no and demand a refund. A month past the expected delivery date is already being way too patient, I think.   

I would agree with George; go for a refund demand asap  ;)

Obradovic

Quote from: aligreto on October 13, 2017, 01:17:06 PM

I would agree with George; go for a refund demand asap  ;)

Ηmmm... yes... there are some signs lately that made me uneasy about their reliability: a few days after I ordered the Vol. 1 of Rossini Cantatas (Chailly, Decca, not generally available) I received a message that my order has been dispatched and a few days later I was informed that they refunded the total cost! After dispatching what? Did they dispatch anything? No. So why the assured me that my order is on the way? why the disc still appears as available? And as the new missing orders are long deleted discs (Debussy-La Mer-Sinopoli, DG & Bernstein conducts his Divertimento etc, DG) I'm afraid there is nothing that can be shipped...

listener

Perhaps I missed this earlier, jpc shipping was EUR 10.00 now EUR 11.56, still not bad considering the distance and the size of some of my orders.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."