On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicTurner

Quote from: Que on March 11, 2021, 01:29:40 AM
I use Mastercard. jpc seems to use a new interface for confirmation with the bank. But in my case my bank app requests confirmation... for a 0.00 euro payment... after which the entire order disappears...

Ditto here, both VISA or Mastercard, through several months. I contacted JPC and they know about it, gave a friendly and informative answer, it's a problem for them, but apparently they can't do anything about it. I've chosen to pay through PayPal in stead, though I was less comfortable with transferring money from my bank account to my almost empty PayPal account. Changed some access codes accordingly, might do it again.

Artem

I use Mastercard. jpc seems to use a new interface for confirmation with the bank. But in my case my bank app requests confirmation... for a 0.00 euro payment... after which the entire order disappears...
The same happened with my order so I switched to PayPal and everything has been good so far.

The new erato

I have no Paypal account and really doesn't want one for various reasons. And I don't find jpc's problems worth aquiring one.

MusicTurner

My PayPal was related to some previous eBay-selling/buying, that's how/why I got it. Keeping only small amounts there.

Harry

Quote from: The new erato on March 11, 2021, 04:50:26 AM
I have no Paypal account and really doesn't want one for various reasons. And I don't find jpc's problems worth aquiring one.

I always used my mastercard with JPC and have no troubles paying what I order.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Que

Quote from: "Harry" on March 11, 2021, 05:23:48 AM
I always used my mastercard with JPC and have no troubles paying what I order.

So did I! And without any issues, untill a couple of days ago...

Q

premont

This is precisely the problem I have. Here is the post I received from JPC service:

thank you for your response and your efforts.

Unfortunately, if you are currently unable to order with your card, I can not help you any further for the moment.

For years we have reserved 0.00 Euro on the day of the order to avoid credit card misuse.

In this way, the owner of a credit card would have the opportunity to become aware of the booking before money had flowed or goods

had been dispatched. This has always worked fine.

However, this is apparently not always compatible with the new 3-D system.

Since we switched to this system, there are problems with some credit cards and no booking is made.

Our programmers are trying to find a solution, but it doesn't seem to be that easy.

Unfortunately, it is not foreseeable when this problem will be solved.

So I can only suggest, placing an orderwith paypal until the problems have been solved.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Harry

Quote from: Que on March 11, 2021, 09:17:21 AM
So did I! And without any issues, untill a couple of days ago...

Q

My last order was yesterday ::)
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

The new erato

Quote from: (: premont :) on March 11, 2021, 09:35:31 AM
This is precisely the problem I have. Here is the post I received from JPC service:

thank you for your response and your efforts.

Unfortunately, if you are currently unable to order with your card, I can not help you any further for the moment.

For years we have reserved 0.00 Euro on the day of the order to avoid credit card misuse.

In this way, the owner of a credit card would have the opportunity to become aware of the booking before money had flowed or goods

had been dispatched. This has always worked fine.

However, this is apparently not always compatible with the new 3-D system.

Since we switched to this system, there are problems with some credit cards and no booking is made.

Our programmers are trying to find a solution, but it doesn't seem to be that easy.

Unfortunately, it is not foreseeable when this problem will be solved.

So I can only suggest, placing an orderwith paypal until the problems have been solved.

With 3D Secure this 0euro transaction is unnecesssry, so why don't they just stop isduing this transaction? Utterly stupid.

Brahmsian

Has anyone else noticed the last couple of days that Arkiv Music site has been quite unwieldy? They changed their site format in the past week, so probably has to do with those modifications.

JBS

Quote from: OrchestralNut on March 12, 2021, 05:12:21 AM
Has anyone else noticed the last couple of days that Arkiv Music site has been quite unwieldy? They changed their site format in the past week, so probably has to do with those modifications.

Yes. They also haven't updated their new release section very systematically for a while and the last three weeks haven't run any Weekend Specials.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Brian

Quote from: JBS on March 12, 2021, 12:13:39 PM
Yes. They also haven't updated their new release section very systematically for a while and the last three weeks haven't run any Weekend Specials.
They just sent me the weekend special email, but when I clicked on the new Szell set, the link was broken.

JBS

Quote from: Brian on March 12, 2021, 12:29:27 PM
They just sent me the weekend special email, but when I clicked on the new Szell set, the link was broken.

Just checked the website and saw it: the link works there. But you have to go to the sale page. There's no link I saw on the home page like they had for the old site.

Naturally I have 2 of the sets already, and I'm not in the mood for the rest, except maybe the Szell.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

premont

Quote from: Que on March 12, 2021, 04:25:00 PM
I succumbed to temptation and rekindled my PayPal account to order these from jpc:

I suppose, that using Paypal in this situation means, that one's credit card is charged for the emtire amount instantly. How do JPC do make a refund, if they can't provide the CDs?

And paying in this way, do you have to type all the registrational information your self, or do you only need to confirm a purchase (bill), which is set up by JPC?
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Que

Quote from: (: premont :) on March 13, 2021, 01:54:37 AM
I suppose, that using Paypal in this situation means, that one's credit card is charged for the emtire amount instantly. How do JPC do make a refund, if they can't provide the CDs?

Good question. In my case my PayPal is connected to my bank account, not my credit card (up to personal choice).
But it doesn't make a difference in that it is an direct transfer.
I recall from a distant past that any refund will end up in your PayPal account.

QuoteAnd paying in this way, do you have to type all the registrational information your self, or do you only need to confirm a purchase (bill), which is set up by JPC?

jpc redirected me to to PayPal, which asked me to sign in and subsequently confirm the transaction with a code sent to my phone.

My takeaway: safe, but definitely less convenient (including refund issue).

They're idiots at jpc for letting this issue to drag on for so long. They are going to lose business over this...

Q

MusicTurner

One can receive money on PayPal too.

I've only been satisfied with JPC through the years, less so with Presto's irregularities for items somewhat surprisingly not in stock.

The new erato

Quote from: Que on March 13, 2021, 02:19:21 AM
Good question. In my case my PayPal is connected to my bank account, not my credit card (up to personal choice).
But it doesn't make a difference in that it is an direct transfer.
I recall from a distant past that any refund will end up in your PayPal account.

jpc redirected me to to PayPal, which asked me to sign in and subsequently confirm the transaction with a code sent to my phone.

My takeaway: safe, but definitely less convenient (including refund issue).

They're idiots at jpc for letting this issue to drag on for so long. They are going to lose business over this...

Q
I cannot be bothered to deal with them anymore, I've been a reasonably contant customer for close to 15 years. OTOH I have never been anything but entirely satisfied with presto and europadisc, and hope they don't buckle under for Brexit/amazon (which I have boycotted for quite some time).

PaulThomas

Presto now has Apps for Android & iPhone/iPad!

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/articles/3954--announcement-presto-music-mobile-app-available-now

As a follow up to the My Library feature launched recently, you can now stream and download your Presto purchases using your smartphone or tablet (as previously, assuming we have the digital files available for the title)

Madiel

Quote from: PaulThomas on May 06, 2021, 10:14:15 AM
Presto now has Apps for Android & iPhone/iPad!

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/articles/3954--announcement-presto-music-mobile-app-available-now

As a follow up to the My Library feature launched recently, you can now stream and download your Presto purchases using your smartphone or tablet (as previously, assuming we have the digital files available for the title)

If I'm understanding correctly, that includes things I purchased on CD in the past? Interesting.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Brian

Quote from: Madiel on May 06, 2021, 01:28:46 PM
If I'm understanding correctly, that includes things I purchased on CD in the past? Interesting.

Yup, I took a look and my account included CDs I purchased way back in 2013-14 and since then completely forgot about. App looks pretty darn exciting.