On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgarian

I've had excellent service from PrestoClassical, and would recommend them without reservation.

Coopmv

Quote from: Elgarian on September 13, 2009, 11:37:59 AM
I've had excellent service from PrestoClassical, and would recommend them without reservation.

I will definitely give PrestoClassical a try since I am interested in a few Harmonia Mundi CD's, which are on sale now ...

Coopmv

Elgarian,  Does PrestoClassical do a good job packaging the CD's?  MDT has always done such a superb job that I have never received any CD with a busted jewel case ... 

flyingdutchman

Wanderer

Seconded. I've ordered from them a number of times. Excellent packaging and speedy delivery.

Elgarian

Quote from: Coopmv on September 15, 2009, 07:02:17 PM
Elgarian,  Does PrestoClassical do a good job packaging the CD's?  MDT has always done such a superb job that I have never received any CD with a busted jewel case ... 

Just adding my voice to those who've already commented. The packaging is excellent and very protective. Also, if you order several items with different supply dates, they're willing to dispatch them in different batches as they become available, at no extra postage cost.

Opus106

The two times I ordered from PrestoClassical I received the CDs in excellent shape. And on both occasions, the delivery times were consistent. Just yesterday I received a mail confirming the shipment of a recent order, and if all goes well, I should be getting the package come Monday.
Regards,
Navneeth

Coopmv

Thank you all for sharing your shopping experience with PrestoClassical.  For a period of time, perhaps before the current global recession, I was regularly receiving CD's from US domestic e-tailers including Amazon when I could find multiple busted CD jewel cases in each order.  That is why I now have replacement jewel cases of all types stocked up in my basement (including the SACD jewel case).  After a while, I just got quite fed up.

Fëanor

Quote from: Coopmv on September 16, 2009, 04:39:07 PM
Thank you all for sharing your shopping experience with PrestoClassical.  For a period of time, perhaps before the current global recession, I was regularly receiving CD's from US domestic e-tailers including Amazon when I could find multiple busted CD jewel cases in each order.  That is why I now have replacement jewel cases of all types stocked up in my basement (including the SACD jewel case).  After a while, I just got quite fed up.

What's your source for the SACD cases if I may ask?  I've got a few smashed SACD cases from the likes of Amazon.ca and ArchivMusic but I've found no local supplier for replacements.

Coopmv

Quote from: Feanor on September 17, 2009, 05:08:18 AM
What's your source for the SACD cases if I may ask?  I've got a few smashed SACD cases from the likes of Amazon.ca and ArchivMusic but I've found no local supplier for replacements.

Here you go.  You will find all kinds of CD cases at this place.

http://www.sleevetown.com/super-jewel-boxes.shtml

Fëanor

Fëanor

I noticed today when I got my promotional email from ArkivMusic, that they are now selling downloads, at least from Naxos.  I haven't been looking at online sellers much very recently so I don't know if others are doing this too.

I'm interested to see you can get a single-disc Naxos or the equivalent MP3 files for US$6.99 (sale) -- or you can get both for $8.99. (Damned if I know why I would buy downloads if I was getting the disc, though, ripping being such a trivial task.)  However it struck me that $2.00 would be more or less fair price for the download if sold by itself.  :-\

The downloads are 320 kpbs which will be adequate for a lot of people, (not me).

Coopmv

Quote from: Feanor on September 22, 2009, 07:58:43 AM
I noticed today when I got my promotional email from ArkivMusic, that they are now selling downloads, at least from Naxos.  I haven't been looking at online sellers much very recently so I don't know if others are doing this too.

I'm interested to see you can get a single-disc Naxos or the equivalent MP3 files for US$6.99 (sale) -- or you can get both for $8.99. (Damned if I know why I would buy downloads if I was getting the disc, though, ripping being such a trivial task.)  However it struck me that $2.00 would be more or less fair price for the download if sold by itself.  :-\

The downloads are 320 kpbs which will be adequate for a lot of people, (not me).

I see no reason why you would go for downloads with the kind of audio system you have.  I do not care for downloads either for the same reason.

Lethevich

http://www.naxosdirect.co.uk/clearance/

Naxos Direct's UK outlet is having quite a large clear-out. Previously their special offers only had about 10 pages, but now it's risen to 30 and includes a lot of good stuff (not just the "Music for a Lovely Romantic Afternoon" type compilations) for £3 with free shipping.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Brian

Quote from: Lethe on October 26, 2009, 07:36:49 PM
http://www.naxosdirect.co.uk/clearance/

Naxos Direct's UK outlet is having quite a large clear-out. Previously their special offers only had about 10 pages, but now it's risen to 30 and includes a lot of good stuff (not just the "Music for a Lovely Romantic Afternoon" type compilations) for £3 with free shipping.

Does the UK outlet ship to the United States? The USA store has a $3 sale on quite a few CDs, but the selections are somewhat different.

Lethevich

Towards the middle of the list I see that they have some DaCapo discs for £5.

Quote from: Brian on October 26, 2009, 07:42:10 PM
Does the UK outlet ship to the United States?

Seems not :(

Brian

Quote from: Lethe on October 26, 2009, 07:46:14 PM
Towards the middle of the list I see that they have some DaCapo discs for £5.

Seems not :(

"We distribute exclusively within the UK only"

That is really irritating. There are, by my count, 14 CDs on sale in the UK that aren't on sale in the USA, which I would gladly buy if they'd send them over here. Their loss of 42 quid, I guess...

Lethevich

Quote from: Brian on October 26, 2009, 07:57:24 PM

That is really irritating. There are, by my count, 14 CDs on sale in the UK that aren't on sale in the USA, which I would gladly buy if they'd send them over here. Their loss of 42 quid, I guess...

Same - I had to get a friend in Canada to ship something to me when I bought from the CA site. Damn those crypto-fascists trying to prevent us from getting good deals!

Opus106

Quote from: Brian on October 26, 2009, 07:57:24 PM

I consider that as a blessing in disguise. 0:)
Regards,
Navneeth

Brian

Quote from: Lethe on October 26, 2009, 08:13:07 PM
Same - I had to get a friend in Canada to ship something to me when I bought from the CA site. Damn those crypto-fascists trying to prevent us from getting good deals!

Ah, the free jumbo box sets!  ;D  I managed to snag those jumbo boxes for $3 each the next time they made a pricing error.

op106, you're right of course ... I don't need to spend the money.  ;D