On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: erato on February 18, 2010, 06:26:13 AM
- moving to the location you submitted

I gave them the wrong postal code (my summer home's post code and my current post code are just two numbers apart, 7_0_5, and I am always mixing them up).

Sent an email in English this morning, at maybe 4 pm Paris time. Waiting to hear back.

Coopmv

Quote from: Brian on February 18, 2010, 12:40:41 PM
I gave them the wrong postal code (my summer home's post code and my current post code are just two numbers apart, 7_0_5, and I am always mixing them up).

Sent an email in English this morning, at maybe 4 pm Paris time. Waiting to hear back.

Brian, have you been busy listening to the massive amount of CD's you ordered from that French joint?  You have been largely MIA these days ...    ;D

Brian

Quote from: Coopmv on February 20, 2010, 05:39:43 AM
Brian, have you been busy listening to the massive amount of CD's you ordered from that French joint?  You have been largely MIA these days ...    ;D

Read my post again ... I gave them the wrong zip code and am waiting to hear back from them. The package was shipped and is being returned to them, so I likely will not see it for a week or two.  :(

My hard drive died two weeks ago and my computer is only just now back to full functionality.

Coopmv

Quote from: Brian on February 20, 2010, 02:19:18 PM
Read my post again ... I gave them the wrong zip code and am waiting to hear back from them. The package was shipped and is being returned to them, so I likely will not see it for a week or two.  :(

My hard drive died two weeks ago and my computer is only just now back to full functionality.

OK, the death of your hard-drive explained your MIA.  I was under the impression you bought from that French joint a few times ...    ???

Manos

I've been curious about this 'drop-ship' thing. When I recently ordered some CD's from ArkivMusic, they arrived in a nice white cardboard box from Franklin, TN. Soon after that I placed an order with HBDirect. It arrived in a nice white cardboard box from Franklin, TN. Who is the actual supplier?

[Considering the recent news from Chile, I hope we hear soon from Antoine Marchand.]

SonicMan46

Quote from: Wanderer on February 10, 2010, 12:43:31 AM
The second Abeille megabox arrived yesterday; like the first one, it came meticulously packaged and with all  its contents in pristine condition.

Just a follow-up to Tasos' comments on shipping from Abeille Musique, of course, this time to the USA.

I placed two orders; the first arrived well packaged w/ no damage.  However, the second 'larger' shipment came in a thin cardboard container in which the discs were tightly packed w/o surrounding protection - a portion of the carton's edge was torn so that a number of the CDs were visible.  Fortunately, on inspection, none of the CD jewel boxes were broken, so I suspect all is well, but will be listening to these discs into next weekend!

The prices are certainly right, but out of stock items (which might impact on shipping charges?) and the packaging of my second carton will likely give me pause to order from them again - but I'm glad that others had a good experience w/ retailer.   :D

Scarpia

Quote from: SonicMan on March 01, 2010, 06:33:38 AM
Just a follow-up to Tasos' comments on shipping from Abeille Musique, of course, this time to the USA.

I placed two orders; the first arrived well packaged w/ no damage.  However, the second 'larger' shipment came in a thin cardboard container in which the discs were tightly packed w/o surrounding protection - a portion of the carton's edge was torn so that a number of the CDs were visible.  Fortunately, on inspection, none of the CD jewel boxes were broken, so I suspect all is well, but will be listening to these discs into next weekend!

The prices are certainly right, but out of stock items (which might impact on shipping charges?) and the packaging of my second carton will likely give me pause to order from them again - but I'm glad that others had a good experience w/ retailer.   :D

My shipment arrived in fine shape, but I paid something like 20 cents on the dollar, compared to list prices, I'm not about to be fussy.  Aside from that, the shipment did not come from the French site anyway.  The postmark was from Germany and the return address indicated it was shipped directly from a Naxos facility.

The sites prices are back to normal now and there is no incentive to order from them until there is another blow-out sale anyway.

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: Manos on February 28, 2010, 04:18:05 PM
[Considering the recent news from Chile, I hope we hear soon from Antoine Marchand.]

Thank you very much for your concern, Manos. The earthquake of the last Saturday has been a real tragedy for Chile, but fortunately my family and I are fine here in Santiago, where the damages were important, but not totally devastating like in other zones towards the South. Thanks again for your concern.   

SonicMan46

Quote from: Scarpia on March 01, 2010, 07:41:00 AM
My shipment arrived in fine shape, but I paid something like 20 cents on the dollar, compared to list prices, I'm not about to be fussy.  Aside from that, the shipment did not come from the French site anyway.  The postmark was from Germany and the return address indicated it was shipped directly from a Naxos facility.

Interesting - my box had the same site of origin, i.e. shipped from Germany w/ a bunch of Naxos tape.

However, I am quite fussy about packaging items for shipment - I ship a lot of cartons, each is packed carefully and often 'double box', but that's just me.  There is still no excuse for the shipment to have arrived in that condition, a couple of more drops & tears, the CDs would have fallen out of the box!  But glad that your shipment was fine - so far I've gone through a half dozen discs and all are playing fine -  :)

Scarpia

Quote from: SonicMan on March 01, 2010, 09:22:35 AM
Interesting - my box had the same site of origin, i.e. shipped from Germany w/ a bunch of Naxos tape.

However, I am quite fussy about packaging items for shipment - I ship a lot of cartons, each is packed carefully and often 'double box', but that's just me.  There is still no excuse for the shipment to have arrived in that condition, a couple of more drops & tears, the CDs would have fallen out of the box!  But glad that your shipment was fine - so far I've gone through a half dozen discs and all are playing fine -  :)

I've moved enough times that most of my cd jewel cases are cracked anyway.  What really annoys me is that the DVD cases often don't hold the disc securely enough so that they pop off in transit even if the box has no exterior damage.  CD cases are designed so that even if the disc gets off the hub there is nowhere for it to go.  But the DVD cases are oversized and the discs can rattle around and get scratched if they are not on the hub.

Tom 1960

Excuse me guys if this question has posed here many times. I did a search before posting and came up empty. It's not very often I purchase from Berkshire Record Outlet so I don't know if this is the norm. I placed an order from them almost 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive my order. If it doesn't show by Tuesday, I'll either email them or drop them a line. Location wise these guys are just an hour or so away, so I don't understand why it's taken so long. No question they have great prices but is this normal procedure for these guys?

Opus106

QuotePlease allow up to four weeks for delivery. Please note the date your order was placed and wait a full four weeks before contacting us, regardless of how quickly you may have received previous orders.

http://www.broinc.com/index.php?p=order_information#ship
Regards,
Navneeth

UB

I have not bought from BRO for a couple of years because we have been out of the country. However at that time they took 4 to 5 weeks (as indicated in the post that came up while I was writing this one) and if you bugged them too much before that they tended to lose your order. But I also found them amazingly quick to fix any mistake - I got the wrong CD in the right case and they sent a replacement out priority mail so I got it in three days on the West Coast.

They have tons of orders and the last time I was in their warehouse it was less than state-of-the-art. Actually it is worth visiting the place - are they still only open on Saturdays for a few hours for walk in customers?
I am not in the entertainment business. Harrison Birtwistle 2010

Tom 1960

Something to consider next time before placing an order. I wish I had noticed the 4 weeks notice before placing the order, but live and learn. I guess they do serve a purpose for classical music fans who wish to save money and don't mind the long waiting period. The recordings I ordered are widely available and will seriously consider next time if the trade off of cost savings versus the need to get these discs in a reasonable period of time is worthwhile. To be honest, 4 weeks in this day in age seems to be abit ridiculous but that's just me. YMMV.  :D

The new erato

My pile of discs to listen to is way too big already, so I actually would consider a long delivery time a bonus.

SonicMan46

Quote from: Tom 1960 on March 07, 2010, 04:57:53 AM
Something to consider next time before placing an order. I wish I had noticed the 4 weeks notice before placing the order, but live and learn. I guess they do serve a purpose for classical music fans who wish to save money and don't mind the long waiting period. The recordings I ordered are widely available and will seriously consider next time if the trade off of cost savings versus the need to get these discs in a reasonable period of time is worthwhile. To be honest, 4 weeks in this day in age seems to be abit ridiculous but that's just me. YMMV.  :D

Patience, sir -  ;) :D

I order often from BRO and certainly feel that the 'savings' is well worth the extra wait; my orders have often arrived in less than 4 weeks, but I've not kept tract - I usually have multiple orders in from different places, so 'something' seems to be showing up at the house several times a week (so, one solution is to have a half dozen 'outstanding' orders from all over the USA & Europe!  ;D).

But, I must say that I've waited weeks on orders from a number of non-BRO retailers depending on whether items are in stock or not?   :)

Tom 1960

I guess I'm alittle spoiled. As an obsessed jazz music collector these past few years, I've become quite used to receiving ordered items in less than a weeks time. Maybe things are somewhat different when it comes to obtaining classical music recordings. I'll chill for the time being.  :D

Tom 1960

Cds arrived today. All is well in my world once again.  ;D

Scarpia

Quote from: Coopmv on March 09, 2010, 07:02:51 PM
I will cut off Amazon if it ever attempts to collect sales tax and shift all my purchases to MDT and Presto for good. 

Amazon cuts off Colo. affiliates
The e-commerce giant has cut ties with Colo. online businesses that help it sell products because of a new state law aimed at getting out-of-state, online retailers to collect sales tax ...

Is my impression correct that you live in New York state?  In New York state you have to self-report all on-line purchases on your state income tax and pay sales tax anyway.  I wonder how many people actually do that.