On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coopmv

Quote from: erato on November 13, 2010, 08:11:05 PM
   ????

It is not exactly easy to track a lost package sent from Europe, my friend.  Thankfully, that has not happened YET ...

Coopmv

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 13, 2010, 07:52:30 PM

Same here. I got some good deals on Amazon UK. It's also interesting to note that Amazon UK carries titles that the regular Amazon site doesn't carry. I bought both of Andrew Davis' RVW and Elgar sets over on the UK site for great prices.

Unfortunately, many Amazon UK MarketPlace vendors do not ship outside of the UK.  What a bummer?

Mirror Image

Quote from: Coopmv on November 13, 2010, 09:24:18 PM
Unfortunately, many Amazon UK MarketPlace vendors do not ship outside of the UK.  What a bummer?

Which is why I seldom buy from Amazon UK. I would prefer to buy from Amazon UK and get a good deal than buy from some unknown seller that is outside the United States.

Coopmv

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 13, 2010, 09:27:50 PM

Which is why I seldom buy from Amazon UK. I would prefer to buy from Amazon UK and get a good deal than buy from some unknown seller that is outside the United States.

Relax!  You are fully protected when you buy through the Amazon MarketPlace.  This is true for Amazon US and true for Amazon UK as well since you pay the vendor through Amazon.  If the vendor does not deliver, you take up the issue with Amazon, which may have to eat the loss ...

Scarpia

In any case, my package from Hyperion arrived, which means it took two weeks.  Longer than I've come to expect for packages from England, but not outrageous.

Lethevich

Does anybody know where I can buy the following CD as a lossless download? I'm sick of waiting for it to dip to around £10 second-hand (it feels unreasonable to pay £15+ for a second hand disc that could be 15 years old and worn out). Naxos is very fine and good for offering its catalogue in mp3, but I'm willing to pay even up to full price for lossless, and they seem to be refusing me that service :( If only the disc was on a more progressive label like Chandos...

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Opus106

Quote from: Lethe on December 16, 2010, 05:02:04 AM
Does anybody know where I can buy the following CD as a lossless download? I'm sick of waiting for it to dip to around £10 second-hand (it feels unreasonable to pay £15+ for a second hand disc that could be 15 years old and worn out). Naxos is very fine and good for offering its catalogue in mp3, but I'm willing to pay even up to full price for lossless, and they seem to be refusing me that service :( If only the disc was on a more progressive label like Chandos...

Have an eye on this place. Or maybe even send them a mail asking if they're planning to offer lossless. (Why would anyone list a disc and not offer a download?)
Regards,
Navneeth

Lethevich

Woah, that one actually does seem to offer it in flac, thanks! A shame that there is no booklet, but for the price I can't grumble.

I guess I should've checked beyond Classics Online/iTunes/eMusic, thanks!

Opus106

Oh, so that N/A was just for my part of the world, then. :(
Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

Quote from: Lethe on December 16, 2010, 05:34:40 AM
A shame that there is no booklet, but for the price I can't grumble.

Notes

:)
Regards,
Navneeth

Lethevich

Okay, you officially join Scarpia as websearch Master ;D Thank you so much!

Opus106

Quote from: Lethe on December 16, 2010, 05:44:52 AM
Okay, you officially join Scarpia as websearch Master ;D Thank you so much!

Disclaimer: No search involved. I was aware of both places prior to the query.

And I though Drasko was considered the WSM in these parts. :D ;)
Regards,
Navneeth

George

Quote from: Opus106 on December 16, 2010, 05:50:29 AM
And I though Drasko was considered the WSM in these parts. :D ;)

me too.

Lethevich

Perhaps there are different ranks, with Drasko as Websearch Overlord ;)

Daverz

Brian

Amazon.com is having a lobotomy.

Lethevich

;) "If so, you may wish to stop being so damn restrictive" ;D

Lethevich

http://www.europadisc.co.uk/offer/710/Nimbus_BOXSETS,0,84.htm

Not a super-duper cheap bargain, but still very good: Europadisc is having a Nimbus boxed set sale - up to 6CDs ones for £11 inc VAT.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: Lethe on December 30, 2010, 05:33:13 PM
http://www.europadisc.co.uk/offer/710/Nimbus_BOXSETS,0,84.htm

Not a super-duper cheap bargain, but still very good: Europadisc is having a Nimbus boxed set sale - up to 6CDs ones for £11 inc VAT.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

This is one:

Wonderful performances (on period instruments) and great sound quality (this set was not recorded by Nimbus; it's a licensed recording).

:)

Brian

Hyperion just sent me a disc.

It was sent from London postcode SE9 to me, in London postcode E1. There is a By Air Mail sticker affixed.
:P