On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: mc ukrneal on June 22, 2012, 06:19:49 AM
Their previous search engine was lousy for my needs, though then again, most of them are. I usually cut and pasted my entries and their old system was not made for that. We'll see if the newer one is any better.

Their previous search engine often sorted results by release date, which I found useful when seeing, for instance, what that thing was that came out in January that I wanted to buy but forgot about.  ;D

Coopmv

Just placed my first order on the new MDT website today.  I cannot say the new website is that much better than the old one ...

Coopmv

Have any US members received this email from MDT?  I still see my full shipping and billing addresses intact under My Account tab ...

************************************************************************************************

Dear Customer,

The new MDT website has just launched. Unfortunately due to a technical issue with US state codes we have removed all US addresses. This is to avoid confusion as you would have experienced an issue with the checkout.

Upon placing your next order you will be prompted with the relevant input boxes to re-enter your address details.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Further information about changes to the MDT website can be viewed at http//www.mdt.co.uk/welcome

MDT Mail Order.

MDT.co.uk

kishnevi

Quote from: Coopmv on June 24, 2012, 04:55:19 AM
Have any US members received this email from MDT?  I still see my full shipping and billing addresses intact under My Account tab ...

************************************************************************************************

Dear Customer,

The new MDT website has just launched. Unfortunately due to a technical issue with US state codes we have removed all US addresses. This is to avoid confusion as you would have experienced an issue with the checkout.

Upon placing your next order you will be prompted with the relevant input boxes to re-enter your address details.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Further information about changes to the MDT website can be viewed at http//www.mdt.co.uk/welcome

MDT Mail Order.

MDT.co.uk

I got the same email today.  It's been a while since I've ordered from them, and I don't have any immediate plans to order there, so I haven't checked.

Coopmv

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on June 24, 2012, 09:50:16 AM
I got the same email today.  It's been a while since I've ordered from them, and I don't have any immediate plans to order there, so I haven't checked.

I have no clue as to what that email is trying to tell me.  From what I can see after I have logged in, my addresses have not been deleted.  I did change my password since the new website would not accept any password with 6 or fewer characters ...

kishnevi

Quote from: Coopmv on June 24, 2012, 09:54:31 AM
I have no clue as to what that email is trying to tell me.  From what I can see after I have logged in, my addresses have not been deleted.  I did change my password since the new website would not accept any password with 6 or fewer characters ...

You got me curious, so I logged in.

My addresses were wiped out, so at the moment I have no default shipping/billing address with them--which is what the email said would happen.

Perhaps your addresses are there because you have already ordered off the new website?

Alternatively, wait a couple of days, and then check to see if the right hand has gotten around to telling the left hand what it's doing.

Coopmv

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on June 24, 2012, 11:10:49 AM
You got me curious, so I logged in.

My addresses were wiped out, so at the moment I have no default shipping/billing address with them--which is what the email said would happen.

Perhaps your addresses are there because you have already ordered off the new website?

Alternatively, wait a couple of days, and then check to see if the right hand has gotten around to telling the left hand what it's doing.

Indeed, I had to re-enter just about everything, from billing and shipping addresses to payment methods before I could place my order yesterday.  Then I got that email this morning, which was what caused the confusion.  By the way, I did notice a glitch on the new website, I had to enter my address twice.  The website did not take it the first time for some reasons.  On the second try, I entered it under Address Book and the address was saved.

Coopmv

What is going on?  Is the UK economy falling off the cliff?  I just placed my order with MDT over the weekend but I received email notification today that the order has been dispatched ...    :o

Brian

Has anyone ever been to www.ariama.com? I just saw a tweet about them having a sale, and they claim to be a leading classical CD/download site, but I've never heard of them before. So far I'm seeing fairly reasonable prices for the downloads and standard rates for physical CDs. Their sales are good; a few BIS SACDs are available for lossless download for US $8.39 right now. Not sure how many labels they carry.

KeithW

Quote from: Brian on July 14, 2012, 08:31:51 AM
Has anyone ever been to www.ariama.com? I just saw a tweet about them having a sale, and they claim to be a leading classical CD/download site, but I've never heard of them before. So far I'm seeing fairly reasonable prices for the downloads and standard rates for physical CDs. Their sales are good; a few BIS SACDs are available for lossless download for US $8.39 right now. Not sure how many labels they carry.

I have bought a few downloads from them.  As always, I bought FLAC.  I can't remember the details exactly, but I recall that Apple Lossless came as well - I certainly have both in the downloads folder - their website indicates that they detect the buyer's normal music player and provide the appropriate format along with FLAC.  My downloads included some EMI albums.  Very happy with the process and end quality - all worked well.

Coopmv

Quote from: Coopmv on June 26, 2012, 06:20:06 PM
What is going on?  Is the UK economy falling off the cliff?  I just placed my order with MDT over the weekend but I received email notification today that the order has been dispatched ...    :o

Looks like my speculation from 2 months ago was confirmed late last week - that the UK is now in a double-dip recession ...

Coopmv

Both Presto Classical and MDT ship my orders super-fast these days, often the next day after I have placed my orders.  The UK is definitely in a double-dip recession, though the recent strength of the Sterling against the Dollar belies the economic reality.  Perhaps the market still has more confidence in the way the Brits manage their economy than the smoke and mirrors Washington uses to manage the US economy when the real unemployment rate is some 16% ...

PaulSC

Looking for a bit of advice from folks in the USA with experience ordering from JPC. I placed my first-ever order with them — one double CD, a hard-to-find recording for which I was willing to pay the steep shipping charge. I received notification by e-mail that the item shipped October 10. Nothing has arrived yet. I'm willing to give the shipment more time to reach me, but I wonder if it would be better to inquire with JPC about it via e-mail. I don't have a tracking number or any real details about the method of shipment.
Musik ist ein unerschöpfliches Meer. — Joseph Riepel

Scarpia

Quote from: PaulSC on October 30, 2012, 12:22:49 PM
Looking for a bit of advice from folks in the USA with experience ordering from JPC. I placed my first-ever order with them — one double CD, a hard-to-find recording for which I was willing to pay the steep shipping charge. I received notification by e-mail that the item shipped October 10. Nothing has arrived yet. I'm willing to give the shipment more time to reach me, but I wonder if it would be better to inquire with JPC about it via e-mail. I don't have a tracking number or any real details about the method of shipment.

My general experience is that shipment from Germany (as I assume with JPC) is rather slow but reliable.  A three week wait is not out of the ordinary.

PaulSC

Quote from: Scarpia on October 30, 2012, 01:13:34 PM
My general experience is that shipment from Germany (as I assume with JPC) is rather slow but reliable.  A three week wait is not out of the ordinary.
Thanks, that's reassuring to hear!

kishnevi

Not trying to unassure you, but an order JPC shipped to me on 10/15 arrived yesterday (although I had to go to the post office to actually pick it up today, because I wasn't home when the mail came yesterday).  JPC seems to be among the more efficient vendors

However, shipments from European vendors like Amazon.es and MDT can routinely take up to a month to get me, and I'm sure Sandy has messed up shipment deliveries all around the US, since nothing is flying in or out of New York airports right now.   So not getting your order until after Election Day may be a real possibility, and no cause for alarm.

You should be able to log in to the JPC website and find any trackings number for your order, if they exist.  If not, email them at the end of the week if nothing has shown up.

The new erato

jpc's deliveries are the quickest I've experienced - NB : from shipping to delivery. Shipping often is delayed when items are not in stock.

PaulSC

Thanks for the additional replies. Note that I am basing this on the shipping notification I received from JPC. But I will give things one more week and then (if nothing arrives) contact JPC.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: PaulSC on October 31, 2012, 09:33:59 AM
Thanks for the additional replies. Note that I am basing this on the shipping notification I received from JPC. But I will give things one more week and then (if nothing arrives) contact JPC.
Why wait? I would contact them now. I agree that it is likely that Sandy may have really delayed things  and it may be another week or two. But I would still let them know you are concerned and see what they say. I've done that with MDT twice. They were very responsive. The first time I got it by waiting, but the second had to be resent. Both times they told me to wait a bit longer.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

KeithW

Quote from: PaulSC on October 30, 2012, 12:22:49 PM

I had a large order with them in August - same issue about lack of shipping/tracking number.  The order took a long time to arrive - around 6 weeks.  I have had around a dozen orders from them in the past - both to Australia and here to the US - and they all arrived quickly.  I'd take Neal's advice - contact them.  I did, and my parcel arrived the next day.  I suspect that there was little connection between my query and delivery, but it is worth maintaining dialogue.