On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Opus106 on December 20, 2012, 09:27:13 AM
Thanks; just want to make sure where the problem lies before I shoot off an email. I've been noticing this for about a week or two. I'm logged in, my address is in place, yet the prices are the same in the CD page. And it's the same price that appears in the cart as well. (I even tried it in two different browsers.)
Maybe try selecting a different currency?
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

As it turns out, the page displays only the ex. VAT rate -- twice! -- when I'm logged in. When I log out, it's the UK rate and ex. VAT rate.
Regards,
Navneeth

Sammy

Quote from: jo jo starbuck on December 13, 2012, 06:48:47 PM
You know, I've lived 52 years, and in all that time, the amount of "waste" as you call it, only came into being during the late 70s to now, and in all that time our health system and infrastructure has disintegrated.  I would rather pay my taxes and have health care and decent roads and transportation systems than a belief that we as individuals shouldn't have to pay for something because we "don't use it."

You appear to have a higher opinion of government than I possess.  So be it.  By the way, your "we don't use it" theme has nothing to do with my approval or disapproval of the myriad of government programs.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: sanantonio on December 21, 2012, 07:14:42 AM
I ordered this disc on December 4th from Zoverstocks

[asin]B001MUJSXW[/asin]

Supposedly it shipped on within two days of my order.  However, now the estimated delivery is Jan 2-15, 2013.  I complained to the seller and got this email:

The 30-minute window is meaningless since who would know that it would take a month for something to arrive within 30 minutes of ordering it?

I haven't ordered from those folks, but they have some nice bargains from time to time. The seller I resort to in Europe is Medimops/Media Pearl/Momox (all the same company) in Germany. They have similar delivery time issues, but I have always gotten my order, and most times the quality of the disks is way better than the rating it got from them. I always post in my feedback for them that if you aren't in any particular hurry, you can scarcely do better.  One thing I find amusing (in its own way) is that they advertise "Ships from New Jersey". What this means is that they ship from Germany to New Jersey (probably in bulk) and then re-ship from Jersey. Not really relevant, I just find it amusing. :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

SonicMan46

Quote from: sanantonio on December 21, 2012, 07:21:00 AM
Thanks.  I guess I'll just wait it out since this is a nice 4-CD collection for less than $16.00, including shipping; such as it is.

I order a lot of CDs from the Amazon MP (often single discs/sets & from many different sellers as long as their ratings are in the high 90% range) - the projected 'arrival time' is often wide w/ the outlying date rather long, BUT these usually come much earlier than stated; so, I suspect you may receive the product before that mid-January date - good luck!  Dave :)

Coopmv

Quote from: sanantonio on December 21, 2012, 11:11:53 AM
Well, today when I checked the mail guess what was there.  Yep - the Zoverstocks shipment.  I suppose they are very conservative with the delivery estimates.  All's well that ends well.

:D

I probably should check out this Amazon UK MarketPlace vendor ...

TheGSMoeller

I've ordered a plenty from Zoverstock, I expect a few weeks for delivery so I'm never disappointed from that aspect, but as far as used discs go I've never had an issue with quality or condition of the disc from them. I would recommend Zoverstock.

Karl Henning

I've always had positive experiences with Zoverstock, as well.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Coopmv

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on December 25, 2012, 07:33:10 PM
I've ordered a plenty from Zoverstock, I expect a few weeks for delivery so I'm never disappointed from that aspect, but as far as used discs go I've never had an issue with quality or condition of the disc from them. I would recommend Zoverstock.

I just placed my first order with Zoverstock yesterday.  Their delivery estimate is first week of February.  Does it really take that long to get a single CD to the US?    :o

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Coopmv on December 29, 2012, 08:40:59 AM
I just placed my first order with Zoverstock yesterday.  Their delivery estimate is first week of February.  Does it really take that long to get a single CD to the US?    :o

No, but it does take a few weeks. Trust me, just forget about the order, going to the mail box then will be like finding a $10 bill in your pants that you didn't know had. It will be a nice treat  ;D

nico1616

Zoverstocks is slow but you get excellent products most of the time.
I ordered dozens of cds there, and only had two problems. One cd was replaced, the other refunded.
Great customer service but you have to be patient :)
The first half of life is spent in longing for the second, the second half in regretting the first.

Coopmv

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on December 29, 2012, 08:09:11 PM
No, but it does take a few weeks. Trust me, just forget about the order, going to the mail box then will be like finding a $10 bill in your pants that you didn't know had. It will be a nice treat  ;D

It generally takes me no more than 2 weeks to receive my orders from MDT or Presto Classical ...

Coopmv

Is £40.00 for the following set at MDT considered a good price?  Perhaps not ...

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Coopmv on December 31, 2012, 04:52:00 PM
Is £40.00 for the following set at MDT considered a good price?  Perhaps not ...

It usually costs that or more at other sites. Importcds has it for $55+shipping (59.98 if in the US). I don;t know their rates outside the US.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Coopmv

Quote from: mc ukrneal on December 31, 2012, 05:22:10 PM
It usually costs that or more at other sites. Importcds has it for $55+shipping (59.98 if in the US). I don;t know their rates outside the US.

The current exchange rate is £1 = $1.60, so ImportCD's clearly has a better price ...

The new erato

I paid around that when I bought it from europadisc in March last year (came to £38 less VAT). Never seen a better price.

Coopmv

Quote from: The new erato on January 01, 2013, 01:22:12 AM
I paid around that when I bought it from europadisc in March last year (came to £38 less VAT). Never seen a better price.

Except that teaser price on Amazon, which became "permanently" unavailable in no time ...    ;D

Que

I paid €60 at jpc, which is some £49 - so MDT's offer is not bad at all. Still, if there is a cheaper US offer...

Anyway, I'd recommend the set as such - beautiful! :)

Q

Brian

Does anybody know if Hyperion's on-site download prices subtract VAT when you download to the USA?