On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammy

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 07, 2013, 06:37:57 AM
Well, I don't believe in Christmas, so that doesn't mean anything to me.

I thought everyone believed in Santa Claus. :(

North Star

I believe in cold-smoked reindeer.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

Quote from: George on December 07, 2013, 07:57:39 AM
The original overnight deliverer. You always get your package when it's in his care.
Once my order was a couple of days late and I didn't even get a refund. Haven't bothered with that guy since.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

The new erato

Quote from: George on December 07, 2013, 07:57:39 AM
The original overnight deliverer. You always get your package when it's in his care.
You'd better keep your chimney clean though.

kishnevi

1) My ire with Presto was fueled by the fact that they charged for the order ahead of shipment and sent no emails alerting to problems with the supply.  But in general,  I've received excellent service from them up to now, including resolution of a problem similar to that experienced by bluto

2) In the meantime,  they are apparently working weekends at the moment, since I found this reply in my email now.

Dear Jeffrey,

I am sorry to hear you experiencing delays with your order, unfortunately the release date on the title you ordered  was delayed as the UK distributors were awaiting stock of this from to arrive from Cedille Records in Chicago, the latest update i received on 2nd Dec was - 'CDR90000145 should be here by Wednesday' . We did receive one copy  on 5th December which was despatched to the earliest of the 9 pre-orders we have and we are now awaiting more copies to arrive.

It is a Worldpay requirement to deduct payment upon ordering and although we don't necessarily agree with this method they are one of largest and safest internet payment processing companies in the world and use extremely safe methods of payment processing, In my opinion far better than some 'other' companies who choose to store millions of customers card details in a potentially hackable vault until they need them again, i believe your card details are far safer held by you in your wallet.

I have now cancelled your order for this item and re-funded $19.10 to your card, should you wish to re-order the item when the stock arrives please keep an eye on the following link for any stock updates:

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Cedille/CDR90000145

Dave

And indeed there was also an email from WorldPay confirming the refund.

so Presto is now back on my "good" list,  as long as it's for something in stock. 

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on December 07, 2013, 12:08:30 PM
1) My ire with Presto was fueled by the fact that they charged for the order ahead of shipment and sent no emails alerting to problems with the supply.  But in general,  I've received excellent service from them up to now, including resolution of a problem similar to that experienced by bluto

2) In the meantime,  they are apparently working weekends at the moment, since I found this reply in my email now.

Dear Jeffrey,

I am sorry to hear you experiencing delays with your order, unfortunately the release date on the title you ordered  was delayed as the UK distributors were awaiting stock of this from to arrive from Cedille Records in Chicago, the latest update i received on 2nd Dec was - 'CDR90000145 should be here by Wednesday' . We did receive one copy  on 5th December which was despatched to the earliest of the 9 pre-orders we have and we are now awaiting more copies to arrive.

It is a Worldpay requirement to deduct payment upon ordering and although we don't necessarily agree with this method they are one of largest and safest internet payment processing companies in the world and use extremely safe methods of payment processing, In my opinion far better than some 'other' companies who choose to store millions of customers card details in a potentially hackable vault until they need them again, i believe your card details are far safer held by you in your wallet.

I have now cancelled your order for this item and re-funded $19.10 to your card, should you wish to re-order the item when the stock arrives please keep an eye on the following link for any stock updates:

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Cedille/CDR90000145

Dave

And indeed there was also an email from WorldPay confirming the refund.

so Presto is now back on my "good" list,  as long as it's for something in stock. 
It's a great response from them.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Sammy on December 07, 2013, 07:49:23 AM
I thought everyone believed in Santa Claus. :(

Well I used to believe in jolly ol' Saint Nick when I was a kid, but something happened. ;) :)

Fafner

My recent order from ICA Classics official e-shop arrived today, in a rather loose bubble envelope, and three of the four jewel cases are cracked. The shipping for the lot was £5.
Many Amazon sellers have better packaging for £1.82.   >:(
"Remember Fafner? Remember he built Valhalla? A giant? Well, he's a dragon now. Don't ask me why. Anyway, he's dead."
   --- Anna Russell

Brian

Sony didn't send Presto Classical an image for Jonas Kaufmann's new album, so they photoshopped one.

stingo

Has anyone gotten a refund from ImportCDs? If so, how long did it take? I'd ordered the Bachianas and Choros (BIS) from them in November while they were on sale. ImportCDs didn't get stock in before the order expired so they cancelled it. They then told me if I reordered the set at full price they'd refund me the difference. I re-ordered in mid December but have yet to receive anything. Any help/information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited to add: Of course, when I check my account just now, there's the refund. I know it wasn't there yesterday because I looked. Still, better late than never.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: stingo on January 23, 2014, 09:07:00 AM

Edited to add: Of course, when I check my account just now, there's the refund. I know it wasn't there yesterday because I looked. Still, better late than never.

I believe you! I belong to a huge photography site, and if anyone complains about one of the big on-line retailers (B&H) someone immediately responds with an explanation, right in the thread.  I think the big outfits are smart enough to keep an eye on these kinds of sites (maybe the sales department is required to do  a search twice a day to see if they are mentioned), and nip these problems in the bud before bad word-of-mouth starts going around.  It's good business. Maybe your complaint triggered the solving of the problem...
It's all good...

mc ukrneal

Quote from: George on February 06, 2014, 05:51:36 AM
A few questions about MDT:

1. Anyone else have to log in every time they visit the site, despite checking the "remember me" box?

2. My order confirmation email yesterday says "You can check the status of your order by logging into your account" yet when I do so, there is no information in my order history of the status of this or any previous order.

3. Do they send an email confirmation when the order is shipped? About how long does that take (after you order)? A day, a few days?
1. I had a problem at one point, but it was being caused by settings on my side
2. Some sites take 24-48 hours before it makes it onto the profile. But you can alway send an email to make sure if everything is ok. However, if you got an email cofirming with an order number, everything is probably fine.
3. Yes- they do send confirmations for shipping. Typically, it is 2-4 days if the order is in stock. If it is not in stock, it may take longer. How much longer will depend on a few factors.

I have generally gotten good service from them, so you can always shoot them an email.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: George on February 06, 2014, 06:09:46 AM
Thanks, I sent them an email with my questions.

1. Do you recall which settings you needed to fix? I don't have this issue on any other site.

2. I don't see a place for the status of any of my orders. I wonder if their new site does not offer this info?

3. Thanks!
1. No idea. But as I think about it, I think I have to re-enter it if I close the window (or reboot, or something like that).
2. There is a My orders on the left side (in your account), but it should bring up recent orders when you enter your account as well.

EDIT: NOpe on #1. It remembers it if I close all the windows.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: George on February 06, 2014, 06:33:21 AM
Yes, i can view the orders, but the order page offers no info about whether the order has shipped, is completed, etc.. Are you able to see that info for your prior orders?
Actually, I don't see any info on whether the order has shipped. The only hint I get is that there is a reorder button. So they just don't give that info there.

Rambaldi

Which online sellers do you prefer in Italy?

Ken B

I,m having problems with importcds right now.
Blowitoutahere often has good prices and outstanding service.

The new erato

Quote from: Ken B on February 21, 2014, 04:01:51 PM
I,m having problems with importcds right now.
They cancelled the only order I've ever made with them despite listing it as available. So I guess I won't be going back anytime soon.

Moonfish

Lately I have been buying a bunch of stuff from 'Classical Music Superstore" on Amazon's marketplace.  I find that they ship things quickly and have good prices. Quite impressed!
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on March 08, 2014, 05:59:19 PM
Lately I have been buying a bunch of stuff from 'Classical Music Superstore" on Amazon's marketplace.  I find that they ship things quickly and have good prices. Quite impressed!
They are fabulous. Fast, cheap, they respond to emails and questions. My MP vendor of choice. I have found I-Deals very good too.

DavidW

Me too (three?).  They are my favorite and I'll pay a little bit more to have them over the other sellers.  I remembered one time I received a Ligeti box set from them (brand new) and one of the was duplicated, and one of the volumes missing.  They shipped me another box set free of charge. :)