The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Schönberg / Handel vs. Webern / Bach

(1/6) > >>

bwv 1080:
I am of the opinion that Schönberg/Handel's Konzert für Streichquartett und Orchester (B-Dur) nach dem Concerto grosso
opus 6 Nr. 7 von Georg Friedrich Händel (in freier Umgestaltung) has been greatly undersold by the musical 'intelligencia'. Undersold especially in relation to Webern / Bach, whose Ricercar a 6 seems to be admired way beyond what his output deserves in my opinion, it seems there is a 'cult of the Webern/Bach Ricercar a 6' almost, that keeps the likes of Schönberg/Handel's Konzert für Streichquartett und Orchester (B-Dur) nach dem Concerto grosso
opus 6 Nr. 7 von Georg Friedrich Händel (in freier Umgestaltung) in his place.

karlhenning:
Where's the outrage?

bwv 1080:

--- Quote from: karlhenning on July 02, 2007, 08:58:47 AM ---Where's the outrage?

--- End quote ---

I tell ya, I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore

PSmith08:

--- Quote from: karlhenning on July 02, 2007, 08:58:47 AM ---Where's the outrage?

--- End quote ---

Over on the "Handel-the-Mighty vs. Bach-the-Fraud" thread. With Outrage's busy schedule, you can't expect it to be everywhere all the time. In fact, Outrage has been outsourcing several issues a week to Apathy and Ennui. With all the injustice in the world, Outrage just can't handle the load. You'd be surprised how capable Apathy and Ennui are, though. Real go-getters, well as go-getter-y as Apathy and Ennui can be.

BachQ:
Handel is clearly greater than Bach

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version