The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Composer Index Rebooted

<< < (11/11)

North Star:

--- Quote from: jessop on October 15, 2016, 03:35:54 PM ---Is there no thread for Pauline Oliveros, an American composer and one of the pioneering developers of electronic music outside of Europe?

--- End quote ---
No, I don't think there is. Feel free to start one. :)

SurprisedByBeauty:
Edit: Thought I had created a new thread rather than posting it here. Doing the right thing now.

No thread for this composer yet? Then let this be his new home!

Classical CD Of The Week: From The Sistine Chapel, Palestrina Populism

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jenslaurson/2016/11/02/classical-cd-of-the-week-from-the-sistine-chapel-palestrina-populism/#32eaf0186dce

What’s the deal here? Palestrina is an amazing Renaissance composer and this recording is much welcome, but isn’t acapella early music a little high-brow for the 21st century everything-is-crossover DG label? Worry not, populism was built-in, here, too:

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: SurprisedByBeauty on November 09, 2016, 09:47:59 AM ---No thread for this composer [Palestrina] yet?

--- End quote ---

How is that possible?!?!

(I do think Palestrina's Papal Palace of Polyphony mighty grand.)

SurprisedByBeauty:
If Vicente Martín y Soler (1754 – 1806) has his own thread, maybe Toni "Padre" Soler should, too?! Certainly there's more music out there, of his output. I'll open a thread: Name-suggestions are welcome.

--- Quote ---Antonio Francisco Javier José Soler Ramos, usually known as Padre ('Father', in the religious sense) Antonio Soler, known in Catalan as Antoni Soler i Ramos (baptized 3 December 1729 – died 20 December 1783) was a Spanish composer whose works span the late Baroque and early Classical music eras. He is best known for his keyboard sonatas, an important contribution to the harpsichord, fortepiano and organ repertoire
--- End quote ---

Classical CD Of The Week: Ersatz-Scarlatti? Diego Ares Plays Antonio Soler

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jenslaurson/2016/11/23/classical-cd-of-the-week-ersatz-scarlatti-diego-ares-plays-antonio-soler/#ffc8e5469876

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version