Good Publisher of Piano Music Scores for Learning

Started by stingo, April 11, 2007, 02:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stingo

Anyone have a recommendation for a reliable publisher of good piano scores? I'm trying to expand my repertoire and I'd like to pick up some new music to try. They'd need to have the fingerings and any background information would be helpful. Thanks in advance for replies.

Maciek

Since no one else is suggesting, I'd like to point you to the Polish publisher PWM. I learned (well, almost) the piano on their sheet music and apart from being very well set, it is also very affordable (in comparison to some of the British and American publishers). I notice the prices on the English version of their site are slightly higher - but really only slightly. (A relic of communism, apparently, when all the countries in our area had 2 sets of prices: for natives and for foreigners).

To get to the section that would interest you, first select the British flag in the top right corner. Then click on "Bookshop" on the bar at the top of the page. Next, on the left sidebar, under the heading "Score" (don't worry, they won't really be testing your dating abilities) click on "Select by series". And now, on the list that appeared under that heading, choose "EDUCATIONAL SERIES" (it's more or less no. 15 counting from the bottom of the list).

Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for?

Cheers,
Maciek