Das Alte Works: Gem(s) here one excellent Box-set!

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, May 23, 2022, 04:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Let's face it, was cruel whit Das Alte Works Label since recordings were not bad but not to a level of my expectation or very average, than one day , gave it a try to this following title, making has a second spin on these record of Das Atle Werks worth more attention I have also Ars Brittannica on same German Label and it's does not bite in no way crap, perhaps was too influence by one of my local buddy musicologist eminent, emerit, whom said Das Alte Werk label was not that good either average or poor in quality. well I am not totally sold to this idea, finding Staatsmusik Der Renaissance quite enjoyable the program of this lp is tremendously  captivating,:

Staatsmusik Der Renaissance

The program of the album and Classical Composer chosen and work sublime or Germany, Northern France, Burgundy kingdom, perhaps more teritory since some I am not familliar whit I will point * ? to mention them, since never heard of them this is what make this double LPs box so lovely:

1- Loyset Compère
2- Heinrich Isaac
3-Josquin Desprez
4-Filippo Di Lurano *?
5-Jean Mouton
6-Antoine Brubler  *?
7- anonymous-
8-Jacques Moderne *?
9-Adrian Willaert
10-Mathieu Gascongne *?
11-Claudin de Sermisy
12-Huldrych Zwingli *?
13-Jachet von Mantua  :P
14-Francesco Corteccia *?
15-Benedictus Appenzeller
16-Jean Courtois *?
17-Eustachius Barbion *?
18-anonyme-
19-Jacobus Clemens non-Papa
20-Orlando Di Lasso

Capella Antiqua Muchen ensemble director Conrad Ruhland (r.i.p) heard of his tragic suicide, I dediacated this
post to him.

What are youe great DAS ALTE WERK recording work mentionings?
Like I said  *? composer I was not aware they existed, not repertoriated in my encyclopedia muscalis so was can concluded there obscur, this is one of the compilation that is a suprise not a tourist trap, it featured Non other than Jachet von Mantua a great favorite of mine.

After subjection you this awesome Das Alte Werk, that I consider a good recording, I says see it go for it!