Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: Elgarian Redux on September 13, 2018, 12:23:03 PM
Yet again, thanks to your goodself, I go to bed more knowledgeable than when I woke up.

+ 1, except in my case it's the other way around.  :D
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Elgarian Redux

Quote from: Florestan on September 14, 2018, 12:12:30 AM
+ 1, except in my case it's the other way around.  :D

Gentlemen, I think we may congratulate ourselves on having transformed several bemused ruskuses into an entertaining kerfuffle.

Karl Henning

I can confirm that I was entertained, but quietly, to myself, so as not to raise . . . The Unseemly.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Elgarian Redux

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 14, 2018, 02:03:07 AM
I can confirm that I was entertained, but quietly, to myself, so as not to raise . . . The Unseemly.

I like to think that all our ruckuses are seemly, and our kerfuffles gentlemanly.

Karl Henning

I appreciate the kerfuffluous courtesy!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Jo498

I AM BACK!
Had the misfortune to lose my passwd during the difficult stage of the forum and the resetting did not work. I almost gave up but then I made contact with Mike/Gurn some time ago and he encouraged me to wait some more time. Now hopefully, everything will be in working order again...
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Elgarian Redux

Quote from: Jo498 on September 26, 2018, 05:24:43 AM
I AM BACK!
Had the misfortune to lose my passwd during the difficult stage of the forum and the resetting did not work. I almost gave up but then I made contact with Mike/Gurn some time ago and he encouraged me to wait some more time. Now hopefully, everything will be in working order again...

You were not alone. Welcome back to the ruckus, and any kerfuffles that take your fancy.

Elgarian Redux

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Florestan

I AM BACK!

Welcome back from me, too. Honestly, I missed you: our musical tastes and even general outlook are quite similar.

Moonfish

Quote from: Florestan on September 26, 2018, 10:25:37 AM
Welcome back from me, too. Honestly, I missed you: our musical tastes and even general outlook are quite similar.

Wait? I thought you were a missing member, Florestan!
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Gurn Blanston

I AM BACK!

Jo! Delighted things finally worked out for you. When the forum appeared to be back to normal, I thought perhaps you merely elected to stay away for reasons of your own. I didn't realize that one piece (password reset) was still not working. Super!  :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Florestan

Quote from: Moonfish on September 26, 2018, 05:21:51 PM
Wait? I thought you were a missing member, Florestan!

I was, indeed, for 24 hours.  :D

Jo498

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on September 26, 2018, 05:28:31 PM
Jo! Delighted things finally worked out for you. When the forum appeared to be back to normal, I thought perhaps you merely elected to stay away for reasons of your own. I didn't realize that one piece (password reset) was still not working. Super!  :)

Let's say it was a combination of several frustrating factors: The forum being only intermittently accessible even as a mere passive reader, the nagging feeling to remain a passive reader when a certain discussion screamed for my important contributions ;), so I skipped the reading as well, a hot summer with better spare time entertainment than sitting in front of a computer (or a stereo) and so on. If I had not come to the idea of contacting you via the Haydn page, I might have called it quits.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Marc

Quote from: Jo498 on September 26, 2018, 11:32:39 PM
Let's say it was a combination of several frustrating factors: The forum being only intermittently accessible even as a mere passive reader, the nagging feeling to remain a passive reader when a certain discussion screamed for my important contributions ;), so I skipped the reading as well, a hot summer with better spare time entertainment than sitting in front of a computer (or a stereo) and so on. If I had not come to the idea of contacting you via the Haydn page, I might have called it quits.

Welcome back!

ritter

I too am glad to see you back, Jo!   :-[

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Jo498 on September 26, 2018, 11:32:39 PM

As if Haydn needed any further proof of his lasting value... ;)  :D

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Florestan

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on September 27, 2018, 04:36:39 AM
As if Haydn needed any further proof of his lasting value... ;)  :D

Hah!  :D

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Oh dear, another hellacious hurricane went through Georgia, and MI is missing. He unfriended me on facebook, so no information there. I hope he came trough unscathed. I recall that last hurricane his house was damaged.