Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 03, 2019, 07:02:39 AM
I haven't seen NikF in awhile. I hope he's doing okay. Hopefully, he'll be back soon. I still, also, lament Dancing Divertimentian. I hope he returns at some point.
+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

NikF occasionally takes time out to do his thing. I am sure that he will return at some point.

André

Where is Draško:(

Alek Hidell

Quote from: Musician on March 19, 2019, 02:50:45 AM
I have not been here for a few yeas because I had nothing to post and then I forgot I was even a member here.  I found this site again by accident googling Dawn Upshaw not that I am a fan anymore but I was curious what she was up to now

Well, welcome back, Musician! Are you in fact a musician. and if so, what do you play?
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Que

Quote from: aligreto on May 04, 2019, 03:05:05 AM
NikF occasionally takes time out to do his thing. I am sure that he will return at some point.

He dropped by a while ago, I'm sure he wil be back again.  :)

Q

springrite

Occasionally we do forget that most people here (not necessarily everyone) do have a life.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Marc

I'm not much around on GMG either (apparently I have a life ;)), but I noticed that Traverso recently deleted his account. That's a pity. :(

Harry

Quote from: Marc on May 15, 2019, 02:33:51 AM
I'm not much around on GMG either (apparently I have a life ;)), but I noticed that Traverso recently deleted his account. That's a pity. :(

I was already wondering about his inactivity. Well over the many years I have been on GMG, many took the same road out, and eventually came back after a while. Lets hope our Dutch friend does the same. I know he lives in Groningen, but have no clue where, otherwise I might ask him why he left,
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Marc

Quote from: "Harry" on May 15, 2019, 02:48:13 AM
I was already wondering about his inactivity. Well over the many years I have been on GMG, many took the same road out, and eventually came back after a while. Lets hope our Dutch friend does the same. I know he lives in Groningen, but have no clue where, otherwise I might ask him why he left,

Well, of course it doesn't matter where one lives in Groningen. It's The City of Cities anyway. :)

aligreto

I did notice his inactivity but I had not realized that he had deleted his account. That is a shame and I will miss him. I do hope that he and his family are all well.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Traverso was a congenial, wise and knowledgeable presence. The last person you would want to see go.  :(

Mirror Image

Wow...Traverso is gone?!?!? Unfathomable and a real pity. I enjoyed his contributions a lot. He and I shared a commonality amongst composers.

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on May 15, 2019, 07:46:56 AM
I did notice his inactivity but I had not realized that he had deleted his account. That is a shame and I will miss him. I do hope that he and his family are all well.
+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

NikF4

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 03, 2019, 07:02:39 AM
I haven't seen NikF in awhile. I hope he's doing okay. Hopefully, he'll be back soon. I still, also, lament Dancing Divertimentian. I hope he returns at some point.

Quote from: vandermolen on May 03, 2019, 01:22:03 PM
+1

Quote from: aligreto on May 04, 2019, 03:05:05 AM

Thank you, Gentlemen.
Yeah, I came back up the road on Friday to attend the Leonskaja/Brahms D minor season closer (wonderful throughout - and in the adagio full and romantic and warm but no pushover) although soon it's back to business - or as aligreto accurately identified it 'taking time out to do my thing'.
Enjoy your listening and take it easy.

Karl Henning

Quote from: NikF4 on May 18, 2019, 04:34:47 PM
Thank you, Gentlemen.
Yeah, I came back up the road on Friday to attend the Leonskaja/Brahms D minor season closer (wonderful throughout - and in the adagio full and romantic and warm but no pushover) although soon it's back to business - or as aligreto accurately identified it 'taking time out to do my thing'.

Carry on...
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF4 on May 18, 2019, 04:34:47 PM
Thank you, Gentlemen.

Good to see you're alright, Nik. I hope things are continuing to get better for you.

Mandryka

I hope he's well, and that no one has offended him.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

aligreto

prémont

Quote from: Mandryka on May 18, 2019, 09:30:07 PM

I hope he's well, and that no one has offended him.

He (Traverso) has been a regular poster at TC for some years under the username Traverso. But around the time he established an account at GMG, he changed his username at TC to Bourdon. He is still posting at TC under that name, latest post to day, so I suppose he is well.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Florestan

Quote from: (: premont :) on May 19, 2019, 04:19:04 AM
He (Traverso) has been a regular poster at TC for some years under the username Traverso. But around the time he established an account at GMG, he changed his username at TC to Bourdon. He is still posting at TC under that name, latest post to day, so I suppose he is well.

IIRC, his posts were strictly about the music he listened to so there's little chance he could have been involved in a nasty controversy.

Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno