Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: SimonNZ on November 23, 2019, 01:58:32 PM
King Ubu seems to have been absent longer that usual. Has anyone heard from him?

I always though it was her. How bad I feel!  ;)
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: vandermolen on November 18, 2019, 06:30:24 AM
That is so sad. As with cilgwyn there is no obvious reason I can think of. I really enjoyed the exchanges with Cesar. Maybe there's a secret GMG defectors group somewhere in the outer fringes of cyber-space featuring cilgwyn, Symphonic Addict and Pohjola's Daughter etcetera.
:(

Haha

Yeah, we come from of the music universe's confines wrapped up in Internet human beings, or at least, I do!  ;D 8)
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: dissily Mordentroge on November 23, 2019, 01:55:56 PM
On the above link we are told "You will notice a small banner for Amazon.com near the top of every page. I would ask that if you already buy your music, or any other items, from Amazon, please access Amazon by using these links. Amazon tracks the refering website (in this case GMG) and credits the site with a small commission on all items sold (currently about 6%). It costs you no more to buy from Amazon using this link, but that commission helps defray some of the costs of the forum."[/i]
On my Macs, all running the latest version of OSX I see no reference to  Amazon . Is this my problem or something else?

Probably something else, since I don't see it now either. If you like, click the link in my footer, and once you get to Amazon, copy and paste the link as your shortcut to Amazon. Then, whenever you go there and buy something, you will be giving a nice gift to the forum.

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Ken B

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on November 23, 2019, 02:20:15 PM
I always though it was her. How bad I feel!  ;)

You fake you own death or something?

dissily Mordentroge

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on November 23, 2019, 04:37:37 PM
Probably something else, since I don't see it now either. If you like, click the link in my footer, and once you get to Amazon, copy and paste the link as your shortcut to Amazon. Then, whenever you go there and buy something, you will be giving a nice gift to the forum.

8)
Done, thanks for the link.

Florestan

Time to redress the balance: all opera lovers I know are straight, married and have children, yours truly included.  :)

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

GioCar

Quote from: SimonNZ on November 23, 2019, 01:58:32 PM
King Ubu seems to have been absent longer that usual. Has anyone heard from him?

I met him a few days ago, he's fine and very active in German forums. BTW it's definitely a him  ;)

Florestan

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on November 23, 2019, 02:26:07 PM
Haha

Yeah, we come from of the music universe's confines wrapped up in Internet human beings, or at least, I do!  ;D 8)

Cesar, welcome back! You've been dearly missed.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

vandermolen

Haha

Delighted to see you back here Cesar. We missed you.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

dissily Mordentroge

Quote from: Florestan on November 23, 2019, 11:06:15 PM
Time to redress the balance: all opera lovers I know are straight, married and have children, yours truly included.  :)
Time to widen you social circle then.

Florestan

Quote from: dissily Mordentroge on November 24, 2019, 01:59:07 AM
Time to widen you social circle then.

No. Its current radius is just fine.

Papy Oli

Haha

Welcome back. Don't do that again  $:) ;D
Olivier

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

Haha

Welcome back indeed.  :)

Iota

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on November 23, 2019, 02:26:07 PMwe come from of the music universe's confines wrapped up in Internet human beings, or at least, I do!  ;D 8)

I knew I recognised you from somewhere.

Warm welcome back!

Madiel

I am not straight.

But alas, neither am I an opera lover.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Florestan on November 24, 2019, 01:00:27 AM
Cesar, welcome back! You've been dearly missed.

Quote from: vandermolen on November 24, 2019, 01:52:21 AM
Delighted to see you back here Cesar. We missed you.
:)

Quote from: Papy Oli on November 24, 2019, 02:09:12 AM
Welcome back. Don't do that again  $:) ;D

Quote from: aligreto on November 24, 2019, 06:22:32 AM
Welcome back indeed.  :)

Quote from: Iota on November 24, 2019, 08:47:04 AM
I knew I recognised you from somewhere.

Warm welcome back!

How kind from you, guys!! Thank you so much. It's really good to know I was missed, despite my contributions were often very subjective.

Deleting accounts or leaving suddenly the site are not in my plans anymore.

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Ken B on November 23, 2019, 04:45:11 PM
You fake you own death or something?

What I can tell you is that I'm very unpredictable.  ;D

My recovery was as unexpected as my sudden absence.

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

And for others that also missed me, many thanks too! I did read their nice comments. I really appreciate them.

Noam Chomsky

prémont

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on November 25, 2019, 01:50:25 PM
What I can tell you is that I'm very unpredictable.  ;D

My recovery was as unexpected as my sudden absence.

Unexpected to whom? You, I suppose.

BTW welcome back.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν