Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christo

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 02, 2020, 12:09:19 PM
Just thought I would let you guys know that I'm going to take a few months off from classical music to pursue some other musical interests. I might be back in June or July. Who knows really. I'll be on the Steve Hoffman forum for anyone who wants to come to that forum to talk other musical genres. I have found many knowledgeable people on that site. Take care everyone!
Well, I for one will miss you John. Happy listening and see you back in June or July.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on February 02, 2020, 01:28:22 PM
Well, I for one will miss you John. Happy listening and see you back in June or July.

Thanks, Jeffrey. I'm now back into classical music again, so I won't taking a hiatus after all. :D

steve ridgway

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 02, 2020, 02:54:44 PM
Thanks, Jeffrey. I'm now back into classical music again, so I won't taking a hiatus after all. :D

Crikey, that was barely long enough to develop a critical review of the current state of the pop charts ;).

Mirror Image

Quote from: steve ridgway on February 02, 2020, 08:14:18 PM
Crikey, that was barely long enough to develop a critical review of the current state of the pop charts ;).

It wouldn't take long to write a critical review on the current state of pop. ;)

Madiel

Billie Eilish gives me hope.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

ritter

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 02, 2020, 02:54:44 PM
Thanks, Jeffrey. I'm now back into classical music again...
Wecome back, John! To be honest, though, your absence was barely noticed ;) ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: ritter on February 02, 2020, 11:56:42 PM
Wecome back, John! To be honest, though, your absence was barely noticed ;) ;D

I barely noticed it myself! ;D

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 03, 2020, 07:00:08 AM
Next thing you'll be listening to Tubin 24 hours a day!

Glad you decided not to leave.

Of course I'm intending to abandon the forum myself in order to listen to nothing other than Country and Western music for the next seventeen months - but that's another story!

8)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

Quote from: Madiel on February 02, 2020, 09:21:33 PM
Billie Eilish gives me hope.
I have to confess that I really like her song 'Everything I Wanted'. My daughter is an admirer too.

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on February 03, 2020, 01:47:14 PM

Of course I'm intending to abandon the forum myself in order to listen to nothing other than Country and Western music for the next seventeen months - but that's another story!

8)

Thanks, well I got to thinking how I love this music and I could never truly abandon it even if I intended on taking a long break from it. Country and Western music, eh? Well, giddy-up! :D

Karl Henning

Quote from: vandermolen on February 03, 2020, 01:47:14 PM

8)

True story: this evening, when my old friend Scott took me grocery shopping, he played me this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jo9kkmQ_fU

"(You're wanted by the PO-lice, and) My Wife Thinks You're Dead"
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 03, 2020, 05:16:33 PM
True story: this evening, when my old friend Scott took me grocery shopping, he played me this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jo9kkmQ_fU

Very nice Karl!
:)

Christo

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 03, 2020, 07:00:08 AM
Who was absent?  ???
Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 03, 2020, 05:16:33 PM

Both obviously true.  $:) BTW, will be spending six days in Manhattan and around (cheap hotel in Dutch Kills, of course  ;D) last week of April. You won´t be around, will you?  :-X
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Mirror Image

vandermolen

I'm very pleased to say that I've received a PM from Pohjola's Daughter (now finally emerged from Tuonela!). She has been rather busy but intends to drop by from time-to-time.
:)

aligreto

She has indeed made a most welcome return  8)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on February 12, 2020, 07:45:55 AM
She has indeed made a most welcome return  8)
Thank you!   :)
Pohjolas Daughter

aligreto

Alek Hidell

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara