Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maestro267 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mirror Image

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Christo

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Pohjolas Daughter

A warm thank you to all!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Wanderer

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 13, 2020, 04:34:51 AM
A warm thank you to all!

PD

Hey, long time, no see. Welcome back!  :)

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

André

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Spineur

Spineur is back with the GMG gang.  I see that most of you are still there.

During this locked-down period, my occupation (besides listening to beautiful classical music) amounts to cooking fantastic meals, and visiting my 300 bottles wine cellar.  So life could be worse, as the brexit saga has also allowed me to stock on whiskies.  These are the liquid assets I really need !

During my two year absence, my classical music collection has significantly expanded.  It is time for me to tell you about the pieces I fell in love with, in the appropriate threads.

André

Quote from: Spineur on March 18, 2020, 10:22:19 AM

During this locked-down period, my occupation (besides listening to beautiful classical music) amounts to cooking fantastic meals, and visiting my 300 bottles wine cellar.  So life could be worse, as the brexit saga has also allowed me to stock on whiskies.  These are the liquid assets I really need !

During my two year absence, my classical music collection has significantly expanded.  It is time for me to tell you about the pieces I fell in love with, in the appropriate threads.

👍🥳

Welcome back !

ritter

It's a great pleasure to see you back here on GMG, Spineur, and I'm glad to learn you are fine.

You've been missed.

Amitiés,

The new erato

Nice!

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

Great to see you back. It's always nice to see someone who has gone AWOl return!
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Papy Oli

Welcome back Spineur.
Olivier

Pohjolas Daughter

Hello, I don't believe that we've met before but delighted to meet you...looking forward to what you are listening to and also what mealtime is like for you too!   :)

Best wishes,

PD

p.s.  A sign of the times, at first I thought that your avatar was wearing a mask (a regular one)!   ::)

p.p.s. Just read about a distillery who is making free hand sanitizer for folks in Atlanta!   8)
Pohjolas Daughter

JBS

Welcome back!
If I may say so, your return is the sort of cheerful news we need to hear right now.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

North Star

Good to see you're back, Spineur!
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

vandermolen

Quote from: JBS on March 18, 2020, 03:13:41 PM
Welcome back!
If I may say so, your return is the sort of cheerful news we need to hear right now.
+1

aligreto

Welcome back. Many, including myself, would envy your current domestic situation. I love your avatar  8)