Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: North Star on March 26, 2020, 10:31:29 AM
John (MI) is taking a break from classical music, I'm sure he'll return sooner or later.
Thanks Karlo.
Hope he returns soon.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

André

I received a short but nice email from Maciek  :). Such a great guy!

Karl Henning

Quote from: André on March 27, 2020, 01:25:50 PM

Excellent!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

Bogey's birthday today, but sadly no sign of him for a long time.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Que

Quote from: vandermolen on March 29, 2020, 12:33:10 AM
Bogey's birthday today, but sadly no sign of him for a long time.

Sadly indeed!  :) Hopefully he is just too busy with real life.

Q

vandermolen

Quote from: Que on March 29, 2020, 12:35:30 AM
Sadly indeed!  :) Hopefully he is just too busy with real life.

Q

Yes, let's hope so.

Christo

Quote from: André on March 27, 2020, 01:25:50 PM
Maciek! + 1
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Symphonic Addict

Just noticed that our fellow Marc deleted his account. Does anyone know what happened with him?
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

springrite

I think I just posted once since the pandemic started back when it was just an epidemic. I have been busy (and safe) and have lost about 10 lbs. Otherwise everything is well.

I am back but won't be posting a lot like before, though.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Harry

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on April 12, 2020, 09:59:13 AM
Just noticed that our fellow Marc deleted his account. Does anyone know what happened with him?

Why for Pete's sake would Mark delete his account. That is a huge loss for GMG.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Florestan

Quote from: "Harry" on April 12, 2020, 10:23:49 AM

+ 1.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Karl Henning

+ 1
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

premont

+1

Very unexpected I think  :(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

André

This is very sudden. Hopefully he is alive and well. That's all that matters, really.

premont

Quote from: André on April 12, 2020, 10:56:30 AM
This is very sudden. Hopefully he is alive and well. That's all that matters, really.

Yes, I am a rather concerned about him, and I have sent him an email, hoping that he hasn't changed the address as well.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Que

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on April 12, 2020, 09:59:13 AM

Damnit... Marc, come back!  :-[

I have reason to believe that the reappearance of a certain member might have something to do with this.

But it is a personal hunch, and it ultimately doesn't make a difference - Marc's return is more important than the reason he left.

Q

André

Quote from: Que on April 12, 2020, 11:41:24 AM
Damnit... Marc, come back!  :-[

I have reason to believe that the reappearance of a certain member might have something to do with this.

But it is a personal hunch, and it ultimately doesn't make a difference - Marc's return is more important than the reason he left.

Q

That's my personal hunch as well, and I agree with your assessment.

Ratliff

Quote from: André on April 12, 2020, 10:56:30 AM

If he deleted his account he was alive and chipper enough to go on the internet. When I've deleted my account here it's usually because there are pressing matters in my life and I need to eliminate temptations to be distracted. I think Marc mentioned that as a result of the coronavirus downturn his contract might not be renewed. Probably he is focusing on maintaining employment.

premont

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on April 12, 2020, 12:03:47 PM
I think Marc mentioned that as a result of the coronavirus downturn his contract might not be renewed. Probably he is focusing on maintaining employment.

Yes, that is right, but he has been in that situation before, while staying here.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

ritter

I do hope Marc is well, and comes back soon. His contributions were valuable and a pleasure to read.

Another member who's been absent (for months, in this case) is king ubu. Anyone had news from him?