Author Topic: Missing Members  (Read 602446 times)

Offline Brewski

• Global Moderator
  • "Man With No Shadow" by Makoto Tojiki (2009)
Re: Missing Members
« Reply #2880 on: June 11, 2020, 04:40:26 PM »
I do hope that the Baron and, if there are issues, Aligreto, do come back.  Busy at my end so don't have much time/energy to post at the moment, but do care about this forum and wish for peace.  There are so many contributors here whose contributions I value.   :)

Please, let us be kind to one another....life is so short and remember, we came here for the love of music.  Life is hard right now and we're all stressed-out.  What about being there for one another?  Give it a think.....

All the best,

PD

Beautifully said, with special attention to the bolded part. Many of my friends (including a lot of musicians) have had their whole livelihoods yanked out from under them for the foreseeable future. And never mind other stresses about aging family members, the fate of the country, etc.

We need more women posters on this forum.

So, so true. I think about this often.

--Bruce
"Do you realize that we're meteorites; almost as soon as we're born, we have to disappear?"

~Iannis Xenakis

Twitter: @BruceHodgesNY

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Mieczysław Weinberg (1919 - 1996)
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Weinberg, Prokofiev, Myaskovsky, Glazunov, Rachmaninov, Rimsky-Korsakov, Shchedrin, Kabalevsky, Schnittke, Korngold, Ben-Haim, Bloch, Honegger, Martinů, Copland, Barber, Walton, Villa-Lobos, Ginastera, Respighi, Malipiero
« Reply #2881 on: June 11, 2020, 05:49:50 PM »
“There will be sunshine again and the violins will sing of peace on earth.” - Closing line from Weinberg’s Symphony No. 6, Op. 79

Offline Madiel

• Veteran member
    • A musical diary
    Whatever's listed in my blog.
« Reply #2882 on: June 11, 2020, 11:47:16 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that when I hit 50,000 posts, I’m going to retire from the forum. I’ve just reconnected with some folks at Talk Classical and all is going pretty well I must say.

With respect, this seems a bit arbitrary, like deciding that a conversation has to end after a set number of words. If you're still getting something out of it, keep posting.

I had to go look at what your post count was (and the answer was alarming in this context). It's just a number. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why the software cares.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #2883 on: June 12, 2020, 12:12:36 AM »
I do hope that the Baron and, if there are issues, Aligreto, do come back.  Busy at my end so don't have much time/energy to post at the moment, but do care about this forum and wish for peace.  There are so many contributors here whose contributions I value.   :)

Please, let us be kind to one another....life is so short and remember, we came here for the love of music.  Life is hard right now and we're all stressed-out.  What about being there for one another?  Give it a think.....

All the best,

PD
+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Mieczysław Weinberg (1919 - 1996)
    Shostakovich, Weinberg, Prokofiev, Myaskovsky, Glazunov, Rachmaninov, Rimsky-Korsakov, Shchedrin, Kabalevsky, Schnittke, Korngold, Ben-Haim, Bloch, Honegger, Martinů, Copland, Barber, Walton, Villa-Lobos, Ginastera, Respighi, Malipiero
« Reply #2884 on: June 12, 2020, 05:34:18 AM »
With respect, this seems a bit arbitrary, like deciding that a conversation has to end after a set number of words. If you're still getting something out of it, keep posting.

I had to go look at what your post count was (and the answer was alarming in this context). It's just a number. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why the software cares.

Perhaps you’re right, Madiel. Maybe I’ll just continue to post, but much less. ;)
“There will be sunshine again and the violins will sing of peace on earth.” - Closing line from Weinberg’s Symphony No. 6, Op. 79