Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: vandermolen on October 11, 2020, 12:49:30 AM
I did PM him and John responded that he just wanted a break to focus on listening to different music.

Oh, I see. Thank you, Jeffrey.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

vandermolen

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on October 11, 2020, 08:57:30 AM
Oh, I see. Thank you, Jeffrey.
I hope that he'll be back sooner or later.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Quote from: vandermolen on October 11, 2020, 12:19:21 PM
I hope that he'll be back sooner or later.

I am sure he'll be back sooner or later.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Andante on September 28, 2020, 02:30:13 PM
I notice that on TC games involving music seem to be popular but not for me.

The amount of "games" there is too overwhelming, practically reaching the ridiculous. I participated on some "games" but I realized it's pointless and monotonous, so I stopped doing that.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

All the members here who have come back since my previous departure can now go back into hiding because...I'M BACK BABY!!! OH YEAH!!!  >:D But on a more serious note, I hope everyone here is doing great and have been able to endure this terrible time in our history. Let's hope things get better in 2021 (crossing my fingers).

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 07, 2020, 11:37:56 AM
All the members here who have come back since my previous departure can now go back into hiding because...I'M BACK BABY!!! OH YEAH!!!  >:D But on a more serious note, I hope everyone here is doing great and have been able to endure this terrible time in our history. Let's hope things get better in 2021 (crossing my fingers).

Welcome back, John! Please stay!!!!
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on October 31, 2020, 07:00:06 AM
The amount of "games" there is too overwhelming, practically reaching the ridiculous. I participated on some "games" but I realized it's pointless and monotonous, so I stopped doing that.

It really is absurd the amount of time and energy wasted on those games, because, ultimately like any poll here, they don't really prove anything and, if anything, only reinforce our own prejudices and biases --- I'm certainly not saying that I'm not guilty of extreme biases, but every member here who posts regularly has a history that pretty well documents what we like vs. what we don't like.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Madiel

Hi again, so the sabbatical from classical is over. *thumbs up*
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Madiel on November 07, 2020, 11:57:26 AM
Hi again, so the sabbatical from classical is over. *thumbs up*

Yes, indeed! Thanks, Madiel!

ritter

André

Good to see you back, John !  :)

vandermolen

Woohoo! Welcome back John!
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Que

I'm sorry to break this to you, but you never left.  8)

MusicTurner

The older you get, the more often you occasionally get a feeling of deja-vu  :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Que on November 07, 2020, 12:39:09 PM
I'm sorry to break this to you, but you never left.  8)

This is true, but there was an awfully quiet corner left behind, though. :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: MusicTurner on November 07, 2020, 12:40:49 PM
The older you get, the more often you occasionally get a feeling of deja-vu  :)

;D

Madiel

On a different note... does anyone have external contact with Papy Oli?

I'm a bit concerned by his abrupt disappearance some weeks ago.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!