Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: kyjo on November 08, 2020, 07:50:04 AM
John!! Welcome back, my friend! Please do stick around this time! The forum always feels less lively when you're gone. ;)

Thanks, Kyle! I shall do my best. ;)

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

SonicMan46

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 08, 2020, 10:46:19 AM
Thanks, Karlo! 8)

Hi John - glad to see that you have returned to the flock -  ;D  Hope all is safe in your area - although the presidential election has not yet been called in Georgia (just 10,000 vote difference between the candidates out of 5 million votes!) - Dave

Mirror Image

Quote from: SonicMan46 on November 08, 2020, 02:11:25 PM
Hi John - glad to see that you have returned to the flock -  ;D  Hope all is safe in your area - although the presidential election has not yet been called in Georgia (just 10,000 vote difference between the candidates out of 5 million votes!) - Dave

Thanks, Dave. Biden has won this election as far as I can see even if Trump ends up winning Georgia. What I'm more worried about right now is what Trump will do with his remaining time in office. He's such a sore loser.

SonicMan46

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 08, 2020, 02:55:08 PM
Thanks, Dave. Biden has won this election as far as I can see even if Trump ends up winning Georgia. What I'm more worried about right now is what Trump will do with his remaining time in office. He's such a sore loser.

+1 - same here - Trump's response will be 'interesting' - Dave :)

Madiel

Quote from: SonicMan46 on November 08, 2020, 03:31:12 PM
+1 - same here - Trump's response will be 'interesting' - Dave :)

https://youtube.com/v/60MdyQLeq_Y/t=236

If I could work out how to get this to start at 4 minutes in, that's where it would.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 08, 2020, 02:55:08 PM
A very good point!
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on November 09, 2020, 03:14:20 AM
A very good point!

Thanks, Jeffrey. I'm sure this is weighing on several Americans' minds. The fact that he won't concede the race is troubling within itself.

JBS

Quote from: Madiel on November 09, 2020, 12:28:37 AM
https://youtube.com/v/60MdyQLeq_Y/t=236

If I could work out how to get this to start at 4 minutes in, that's where it would.

"The uploader has not made this available in your country".
Whatever the video is, someone doesn't want us Yanks to see it.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 08, 2020, 09:08:09 AM
Thanks, Kyle! I shall do my best. ;)
I never pay attention to your leaving, John. You are just like my first girlfriend whose leaves are shorter than most vacations. You are addicted and withdrawn symptoms can be intolerable.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on November 09, 2020, 08:48:12 PM
I never pay attention to your leaving, John. You are just like my first girlfriend whose leaves are shorter than most vacations. You are addicted and withdrawn symptoms can be intolerable.

That's true, Paul and you have the best medicine in town! :D

Madiel

Quote from: JBS on November 09, 2020, 07:03:10 PM
"The uploader has not made this available in your country".
Whatever the video is, someone doesn't want us Yanks to see it.

Well, bummer.

It's a comedy sketch from 2-3 years ago where a fake Donald Trump attends school and throws an almighty and hilarious tantrum when he's told at the end of the day it's time to go.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Brian

Quote from: Madiel on November 10, 2020, 12:53:52 AM
Well, bummer.

It's a comedy sketch from 2-3 years ago where a fake Donald Trump attends school and throws an almighty and hilarious tantrum when he's told at the end of the day it's time to go.
Oh! That's a great one. Anthony Atamanuik as Trump, right? His impression is the best around (about 300x better than Alec Baldwin's).

EDIT: Here is the American-friendly link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th5uVIhQ8VY

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brian on November 11, 2020, 05:04:58 AM
Oh! That's a great one. Anthony Atamanuik as Trump, right? His impression is the best around (about 300x better than Alec Baldwin's).

EDIT: Here is the American-friendly link

https://www.youtube.com/v/Th5uVIhQ8VY

Your link didn't work, Brian, but now it does. ;) I also didn't think Alec Baldwin's impression of Trump was that good.

vandermolen

We haven't heard from Aligreto (Fergus) for a while.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

prémont

Quote from: vandermolen on November 11, 2020, 10:55:13 AM
We haven't heard from Aligreto (Fergus) for a while.

Yes, last active October 7. , but he sometimes has periods without visit to the forum, so I am not that concerned. He will surely return.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

vandermolen

Quote from: (: premont :) on November 11, 2020, 12:21:20 PM
Yes, last active October 7. , but he sometimes have periods without visit to the forum, so I am not that concerned. He will surely return.
Yes, I hope so. Thanks.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on November 07, 2020, 11:40:17 AM
Welcome back, John! Please stay!!!!

Sorry I missed this post, Andrei. Thanks, I think I will. ;)

steve ridgway

Hello all. I'm feeling ready to spend a bit more time on here again, have been listening to a lot more "classical" music in the last couple of months, while I do exercises in the house and in the last hour of the evening to wind down before going to bed. Hope you're all keeping well. :)