Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Thanks, guys. You're making this ol' reptilian blush. :D

Oh and I forgot to sign off with my favorite new handle: The Textbook Narcissist. :P

Symphonic Addict

Does anyone know anything about pjme?
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

André

You're right, Peter hasn't been sighted lately... :(

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on June 09, 2021, 04:47:27 PM
Does anyone know anything about pjme?

Good question. I haven't seen him post in quite some time. Hopefully, he's okay.

pjme

Hi, I'm okay. I just have/had enough of "everything" for a while.
I'll be back, sooner or later.

Peter

Mirror Image

Quote from: pjme on June 10, 2021, 06:36:00 AM

Peter

That's certainly understandable. See you when you return, Peter!

vandermolen

Quote from: pjme on June 10, 2021, 06:36:00 AM

Peter
I hope so.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

ritter

Anyone heard from Gurn? He hasn't posted since April as far as I can tell (but he seems to log on regularly).

vandermolen

Just to say that I am missing Christo (Johan) of this forum. I have been in touch with him and hope that he makes good progress with his medical treatment.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on July 04, 2021, 12:19:54 AM
Just to say that I am missing Christo (Johan) of this forum. I have been in touch with him and hope that he makes good progress with his medical treatment.

+ 1

Karl Henning

Quote from: ritter on July 03, 2021, 11:24:59 PM
Anyone heard from Gurn? He hasn't posted since April as far as I can tell (but he seems to log on regularly).

Heard from him via Twitter recently, Rafael.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ritter

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on July 04, 2021, 09:07:03 AM
Thanks, good to know. I hope he's fine.

BTW, I haven't forgotten your recent message, Karl. Will revert to you soon. Thanks for that.

Regards,

JBS

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on July 04, 2021, 09:07:03 AM

In fact he tweeted his LvB Ninth of the Week today: Fricsay.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Karl Henning

Quote from: ritter on July 04, 2021, 09:18:41 AM

BTW, I haven't forgotten your recent message, Karl. Will revert to you soon. Thanks for that.

Regards,

Be at ease, friend!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: ritter on July 04, 2021, 09:18:41 AM

Regards,

Thanks for asking about me, Rafael, as Karl & Jeffrey noted, I am doing well, just been really busy lately working on some of my art, and to tell you the truth, I haven't really had a whole lot to say lately, which (unlike some others) resulted in my being quieter than usual. I do still check in daily looking for malfeasance, but otherwise not a lot else. I'm sure that once this rush of orders gets satisfied, and I get back to serious listening, a rush of words will follow.  :)

Cheers,
GB  8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on July 07, 2021, 09:51:47 AM
Thanks for asking about me, Rafael, as Karl & Jeffrey noted, I am doing well, just been really busy lately working on some of my art, and to tell you the truth, I haven't really had a whole lot to say lately, which (unlike some others) resulted in my being quieter than usual. I do still check in daily looking for malfeasance, but otherwise not a lot else. I'm sure that once this rush of orders gets satisfied, and I get back to serious listening, a rush of words will follow.  :)

Cheers,
GB  8)

Great to hear from you again  8) :)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Karl Henning

Cheers,
GB  8)

(* chortle *)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 07, 2021, 10:03:41 AM
Great to hear from you again  8) :)

Sarge

Back at'cha, Sarge. It was nice to see you show up more frequently here lately. :)

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on July 07, 2021, 10:16:11 AM
(* chortle *)

You know I put that in there just for your amusement, yes?  :D

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

ritter

Cheers,
GB  8)
Good to know you're doing well and busy with your art, Gurn. Best of luck with that!  :)

Regards,

Rafael

Karl Henning

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on July 07, 2021, 10:18:34 AM
Back at'cha, Sarge. It was nice to see you show up more frequently here lately. :)

You know I put that in there just for your amusement, yes?  :D

8)

I was sure of it!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA