Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 09, 2021, 06:32:31 AM
:P Well, I'll at least have Jerry Goldsmith's soundtrack ready for when I land on that number. ;D
Haha - well, I reckon that the opening titles of 'Damien: Omen 2' (also Goldsmith) is even better, especially in its use of the Jew's Harp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZmixJmXSyc
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brahmsian

Quote from: vandermolen on July 09, 2021, 07:16:26 AM
Haha - well, I reckon that the opening titles of 'Damien: Omen 2' (also Goldsmith) is even better:

I don't have the soundtrack to the sequel but do highly enjoy the original. I've seen the sequel several times and do agree that the music seems fantastic.

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on July 09, 2021, 07:16:26 AM
Haha - well, I reckon that the opening titles of 'Damien: Omen 2' (also Goldsmith) is even better, especially in its use of the Jew's Harp:

Yes, Goldsmith's scores for both films are first-rate.

Spotted Horses

I hope the Sarge is safe from the flooding reported in Germany. My vague idea of where Sergeant Rock lives suggests it may be near the affected areas.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

vandermolen

Quote from: Spotted Horses on July 15, 2021, 03:11:23 AM
I hope the Sarge is safe from the flooding reported in Germany. My vague idea of where Sergeant Rock lives suggests it may be near the affected areas.
+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on July 15, 2021, 05:02:27 AM
+1
+2  Just heard over the radio today about the flooding in Germany; looking briefly at the BBC website, I see that there has also been flooding in Belgium and the Netherlands.  :(

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 15, 2021, 05:29:25 AM
+2  Just heard over the radio today about the flooding in Germany; looking briefly at the BBC website, I see that there has also been flooding in Belgium and the Netherlands.  :(

PD
Yes, it's terrible.

André

I watched the belgian tv news show today (special floods broadcast). The area around and east of Liège is a disaster scene. I know most of these places very well. My wife studied in Spa (watch the YT video around the 3:30mark)

There are many casualties in Germany and Belgium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oATseW_hbs

Karl Henning

I was about to inquire about Andrei (Florestan) but thought to check his profile first, and see that he was active earlier.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Brian

Sarge and I once conversed about his particular town (I was visiting the Alsace and inquiring whether we could meet - it wasn't practical unfortunately) and I've just looked it up on official German government websites. He is very near the Rhine but the Rhine in his town has risen only 1 meter so far, not enough to cause serious danger, hopefully. Hope that he is safe and continues to be.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Brian on July 15, 2021, 03:25:37 PM
Sarge and I once conversed about his particular town (I was visiting the Alsace and inquiring whether we could meet - it wasn't practical unfortunately) and I've just looked it up on official German government websites. He is very near the Rhine but the Rhine in his town has risen only 1 meter so far, not enough to cause serious danger, hopefully. Hope that he is safe and continues to be.
Oh good!
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Brian on July 15, 2021, 03:25:37 PM

That's somewhat reassuring, but let's hope The Sarge checks in soon.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Sergeant Rock

We're okay. There is a very large wall next to our village and a wide flood plain on the east side of the Rhine. We should be okay. Thanks for your concern.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Brahmsian

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 16, 2021, 06:41:00 AM
We're okay. There is a very large wall next to our village and a wide flood plain on the east side of the Rhine. We should be okay. Thanks for your concern.

Sarge

Very relieved to hear you are safe and well, Sarge!  :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: OrchestralNut on July 16, 2021, 06:41:54 AM
Very relieved to hear you are safe and well, Sarge!  :)

+ 1 I'd miss the Sarge's bazooka if something were to happen to him. ;) Good to know the bazooka is loaded and ready to go! :D

Brahmsian

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 16, 2021, 06:52:22 AM
+ 1 I'd miss the Sarge's bazooka if somewhere were to happen to him. ;) Good to know the bazooka is loaded and ready to go! :D

Indeed! I need to make a comment he doesn't agree with just to see if it is still in good working condition.  ;) :D

SonicMan46

Sarge

+1 Sarge - not sure where you live but just saw the pic below on the news today! Stated Ahr River flooding in the town on Insul, Germany - glad that you have protection - keep safe!  Dave :)

Karl Henning

Sarge

Take care, friend!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

aligreto

Good to know that Sarge and his family are safe  :)

Papy Oli

Jo498 is also based in Germany. I see Jo has been online today.

is Jens too ? Jens was last on on the 11th.

Hope they're both well too.

Frightening pictures and destruction indeed.
Olivier