Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 16, 2021, 06:52:22 AM
+ 1 I'd miss the Sarge's bazooka if somewhere were to happen to him. ;) Good to know the bazooka is loaded and ready to go! :D

Quote from: OrchestralNut on July 16, 2021, 06:55:28 AM
Indeed! I need to make a comment he doesn't agree with just to see if it is still in good working condition.  ;) :D

Yes, the powder remains dry  :D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Wanderer

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 16, 2021, 06:41:00 AM
We're okay. There is a very large wall next to our village and a wide flood plain on the east side of the Rhine. We should be okay. Thanks for your concern.

Sarge

Good to know you're doing OK, Sarge. 😎

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 16, 2021, 07:06:22 AM
is Jens too ?

No.

Mirror Image

Quote from: OrchestralNut on July 16, 2021, 06:55:28 AM
Indeed! I need to make a comment he doesn't agree with just to see if it is still in good working condition.  ;) :D

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 16, 2021, 07:07:42 AM
Yes, the powder remains dry  :D

Sarge

:P

I love getting the bazooka from the Sarge. Anyone who wants to obliterate me gets a thumbs up in my book. ;D

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 16, 2021, 06:41:00 AM
We're okay. There is a very large wall next to our village and a wide flood plain on the east side of the Rhine. We should be okay. Thanks for your concern.

Sarge

Relieved to hear this!
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

premont

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

André

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Jo498

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 16, 2021, 07:06:22 AM
Jo498 is also based in Germany. I see Jo has been online today.

Frightening pictures and destruction indeed.

Yes, it is horrible, not sure when anything like that happened for the last time. (Maybe Hamburg 1962 (north sea pushing into the Elbe river) or mudslides in the mountains but they are usually on smaller scales, the floodings in the east about 20 years ago where not as bad.)
But it was very local, i.e. restricted to a comparably small reason. There was absolutely no concern where I live, a lot of rain but not extraordinary and no emergencies.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Jo498 on July 18, 2021, 12:36:43 AM
Yes, it is horrible, not sure when anything like that happened for the last time. (Maybe Hamburg 1962 (north sea pushing into the Elbe river) or mudslides in the mountains but they are usually on smaller scales, the floodings in the east about 20 years ago where not as bad.)
But it was very local, i.e. restricted to a comparably small reason. There was absolutely no concern where I live, a lot of rain but not extraordinary and no emergencies.
Oh, good!  *Glad that you are o.k.  Looking at the BBC website today, I see that the flood waters are receding.  I hope that this continues.  Where I live in the States, we've been getting way too much rain this past week+; I hope that this doesn't end up heading your way.

*But so sorry to hear of the loss of life, homes, etc., in Europe due to all of that rain.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Papy Oli

Quote from: Jo498 on July 18, 2021, 12:36:43 AM
There was absolutely no concern where I live, a lot of rain but not extraordinary and no emergencies.

Good to read it, Jo.
Olivier

Mirror Image

I don't know where to put this message, but Wanderer has blocked me, but I wanted to send him this:

QuoteHello Wanderer,

I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for anything that I've said to you that was negative or just completely unwarranted --- i. e. being an asshole. You're a knowledgeable member and I've learned a lot from you. I value your input even if I'm in disagreement with it. One can learn a lot from you.

All the best to you and yours,

John

I hope he reads this message and even if he doesn't forgive me at least I know, if anything, that he's read it.

Symphonic Addict

Why the user Klavier deleted his account? Wasn't he feeling good here? Anyone knows?
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on September 13, 2021, 07:06:33 PM
Why the user Klavier deleted his account? Wasn't he feeling good here? Anyone knows?

I haven't the foggiest idea either. I believe he's active on the Steve Hoffman forum so I'll have to ask him there. Members come and go here so quickly that it makes it quite difficult to keep up.

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 13, 2021, 08:02:59 PM
I haven't the foggiest idea either. I believe he's active on the Steve Hoffman forum so I'll have to ask him there. Members come and go here so quickly that it makes it quite difficult to keep up.

Yeah, too regrettable. I hope he'll come back.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Just realized that Nylon6 is the new Klavier's incarnation.

Noam Chomsky

The new erato

So he went from a real instrument to a synthesizer?