Announcements > GMG News

Missing Members

<< < (715/751) > >>

André:

--- Quote from: Elgarian Redux on December 31, 2021, 03:52:10 AM ---

It was largely because of you, Gurn, that I embarked some years ago on listening to all the Haydn symphonies. I was looking for different ways of getting exercise on inclement days, and I settled on walking up and down stairs, while listening to a different Haydn symphony each day (portable player placed at top of stairs).

Gosh, it was a lot of stairs. But he kept me going! (And no jokes, please, about Haydn's music being pedestrian.)

--- End quote ---

Well, Haydn is renowned for his ‘walking themes’…  :D

aligreto:

--- Quote from: steve ridgway on December 31, 2021, 06:09:37 AM ---Thank you all for your advice and company but I’ve now found plenty of music I enjoy and know where to look for more. I realise I don’t have the musical knowledge to be able to contribute anything useful and in considering my New Year’s resolutions have decided to stay off all the Internet forums and focus on paying full attention to and becoming thoroughly absorbed in my various interests rather than merely talking about them. So I wish you all the best for 2022.

--- End quote ---

I think that you do yourself an injustice. You have contributed more than you realise.  ;)
Anyway, we respect your decision. Best of luck.

Brewski:

--- Quote from: steve ridgway on December 31, 2021, 06:09:37 AM ---Thank you all for your advice and company but I’ve now found plenty of music I enjoy and know where to look for more. I realise I don’t have the musical knowledge to be able to contribute anything useful and in considering my New Year’s resolutions have decided to stay off all the Internet forums and focus on paying full attention to and becoming thoroughly absorbed in my various interests rather than merely talking about them. So I wish you all the best for 2022.

--- End quote ---

Adding my thanks to those of others, and hope you will pop in now and then. Many of your posts make me smile, like those old DG Avant Garde covers. That said, I completely empathize with finding a better balance between listening -- and reporting on it. In any case, be well, and may your ears be even happier in 2022.

--Bruce

foxandpeng:

--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear this. Purely selfishly,  of course. Always good to read your posts.

I've been glad to be more involved this year, and have felt that my very obvious ignorance has been slightly reduced as a result.

Madiel:
The world shows that knowledge is not a prerequisite for contributions on the internet, but you have more than enough knowledge to make contributions.

All the best wishes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version