Announcements > GMG News

Missing Members

<< < (716/739) > >>

Florestan:

--- Quote from: Madiel on December 31, 2021, 01:05:28 PM ---The world shows that knowledge is not a prerequisite for contributions on the internet, but you have more than enough knowledge to make contributions.

All the best wishes.

--- End quote ---

Hear, hear!

Gurn Blanston:

--- Quote from: Elgarian Redux on December 31, 2021, 03:52:10 AM ---

It was largely because of you, Gurn, that I embarked some years ago on listening to all the Haydn symphonies. I was looking for different ways of getting exercise on inclement days, and I settled on walking up and down stairs, while listening to a different Haydn symphony each day (portable player placed at top of stairs).

Gosh, it was a lot of stairs. But he kept me going! (And no jokes, please, about Haydn's music being pedestrian.)

--- End quote ---

I'm really delighted to hear that, ER. To me, Haydn is one of those composers who may need an introduction because he has been treated so poorly since his death, but once you hear the music, he easily carries the day on his own. I take him along on my morning 5 miles most days. Puts a spring in my step. :)

8)

Gurn Blanston:

--- Quote from: steve ridgway on December 31, 2021, 06:09:37 AM ---Thank you all for your advice and company but I’ve now found plenty of music I enjoy and know where to look for more. I realise I don’t have the musical knowledge to be able to contribute anything useful and in considering my New Year’s resolutions have decided to stay off all the Internet forums and focus on paying full attention to and becoming thoroughly absorbed in my various interests rather than merely talking about them. So I wish you all the best for 2022.

--- End quote ---

An hiatus is often a welcome respite, and leads to your returning refreshed in mind and spirit. Despite us not engaging in frequent conversation, I have read many of your posts and know we are losing a valuable member. Please don't let it be forever!  :)

8)

steve ridgway:
Thank you all for your very kind comments. I'm currently reading The Rest Is Noise and exploring avant-garde composers of the early 20th Century. I still want to concentrate on that rather than spend too much time on forums, but was just killing myself laughing at this and knew you'd enjoy it. Maybe I do know a little more than some people. :laugh:

k a rl h e nn i ng:
Cheers, Steve!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version