Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camphy and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

André

Symphonic Addict

I wonder why HIPster didn't continue contributing on this forum anymore.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on June 20, 2022, 06:35:25 PM

He probably left around the time that US politics were seeping into the music threads. Many members left around this time, so around 2017 or so.

vandermolen

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on June 20, 2022, 06:35:25 PM
I'm sorry about that as well. Our musical tastes were different but we had a v nice PM exchange at one time. I know that he became the father of twins a few years ago, so I guess that they keep him busy!
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 20, 2022, 07:22:11 PM
He probably left around the time that US politics were seeping into the music threads. Many members left around this time, so around 2017 or so.

He was posting until 2020.

Quote from: vandermolen on June 20, 2022, 10:28:34 PM
...I know that he became the father of twins a few years ago, so I guess that they keep him busy!

...along with the daily litany of, "are you one the computer again? The babies need changing." :)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

VonStupp

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 13, 2022, 05:57:27 AM
I guess PD/Pohjolas Daughter must be busy with other things; usually quite active, but hasn't been around for a couple of weeks ...

Quote from: vandermolen on May 13, 2022, 06:46:06 AM
Lost in Tuonela again? I hope that she returns soon.

Indeed! A kind, welcoming, positive voice on GMG whose absence has kept the cat thread woefully dusty. I hope all is well with her!  :)

VS
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

MusicTurner

Quote from: VonStupp on June 29, 2022, 06:46:11 AM
Indeed! A kind, welcoming, positive voice on GMG whose absence has kept the cat thread woefully dusty. I hope all is well with her!  :)

VS

+1

premont

Quote from: VonStupp on June 29, 2022, 06:46:11 AM

VS

I'm somewhat worried about PD. She registered November 2018 and posted almost every single day until April 30. 2022. Since then, she has not posted at all.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

vandermolen

Quote from: (: premont :) on June 29, 2022, 02:46:09 PM
I'm somewhat worried about PD. She registered November 2018 and posted almost every single day until April 30. 2022. Since then, she has not posted at all.
Yes, I agree. I sent her a PM but no reply. I hope that she is ok. She helped keep the favourite walk thread alive as well as the cat thread and was a very active, good-natured, and frequent contributor.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

foxandpeng

:(
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

ritter

+1. I look forward to her return...

André

Quote from: ritter on July 01, 2022, 03:59:28 AM
+1. I look forward to her return...

Me too. A very caring person, a rare commodity on internet forums  :-*.

Karl Henning

Aye, we sorely miss her!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

Quote from: André on July 01, 2022, 12:26:39 PM
Me too. A very caring person, a rare commodity on internet forums  :-*.

I agree André

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on June 30, 2022, 10:51:05 PM
Yes, I agree. I sent her a PM but no reply. I hope that she is ok. She helped keep the favourite walk thread alive as well as the cat thread and was a very active, good-natured, and frequent contributor.

I, too, have sent a PM to PD but, unfortunately, I too have received no reply. I hope that she is OK but, if not, that she is being taken care of.

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on July 06, 2022, 12:34:13 AM
I, too, have sent a PM to PD but, unfortunately, I too have received no reply. I hope that she is OK but, if not, that she is being taken care of.
Hi Fergus,
This did happen once before and she did eventually return. I'm hoping that, sooner or later, she will reappear, but it is a bit worrying.

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on July 06, 2022, 01:54:15 AM
Hi Fergus,
This did happen once before and she did eventually return. I'm hoping that, sooner or later, she will reappear, but it is a bit worrying.

Now that you say it I do remember, Jeffrey.
Hopefully PD is OK.

premont

Quote from: vandermolen on July 06, 2022, 01:54:15 AM
Hi Fergus,

That's true. She suddenly broke off April 2019 and returned February 2020.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Szykneij

Quote from: (: premont :) on July 06, 2022, 03:03:29 AM
That's true. She suddenly broke off April 2019 and returned February 2020.

Hopefully, she's out enjoying her garden and will return with the changing season.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

premont

Quote from: Szykneij on July 06, 2022, 06:27:02 AM
Hopefully, she's out enjoying her garden and will return with the changing season.

I agree completely with this and cross my fingers for her.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν