Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisztianwagner

He hasn't deleted his account, there still might be the chance he could return some day. I hope so, because he has always been a very valuable member of this forum.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

JBS

Has anyone heard from Andre? He hasn't logged in since August 21, and I don't remember him mentioning anything about traveling.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

vandermolen

Quote from: wind- on September 03, 2022, 02:24:26 PM
Mirror Image is still active at Steve Hoffman forum, half dozen posts today. You could try there.
Thank you.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Spotted Horses

Quote from: JBS on September 03, 2022, 06:13:14 PM
Has anyone heard from Andre? He hasn't logged in since August 21, and I don't remember him mentioning anything about traveling.

I noticed Andre was logged in yesterday, after 4 weeks absence.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

vandermolen

Quote from: Spotted Horses on September 18, 2022, 07:05:32 AM
Good news.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

JBS

Quote from: Spotted Horses on September 18, 2022, 07:05:32 AM

Excellent. Thank you.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

The new erato

Quote from: wind- on September 03, 2022, 02:24:26 PM
Mirror Image is still active at Steve Hoffman forum, half dozen posts today. You could try there.
How can that forum be interestng for classical lovers?

Retoric question.

DavidW

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on September 26, 2022, 01:04:14 PM
So MI is still gone?

More to the point, although Andre logged in on Sept 17, he has not made a post since August 12. There are those who leave the site with grand, histrionic declarations, and there are those who just vanish, almost in mid sentence.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Brian

Quote from: Spotted Horses on September 26, 2022, 01:31:43 PM
More to the point, although Andre logged in on Sept 17, he has not made a post since August 12. There are those who leave the site with grand, histrionic declarations, and there are those who just vanish, almost in mid sentence.
This is why the return of Keemun gives me hope. Among the sudden disappearances, I miss Lethevich and Opus106.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Brian on September 26, 2022, 05:34:50 PM
This is why the return of Keemun gives me hope. Among the sudden disappearances, I miss Lethevich and Opus106.

I'm constantly tortured by the loss of Lethevich, because her name keeps appearing as the member who started "The Unimportant News Thread." Gone since January 2013, but not forgotten. Looking at ancient threads is always an interesting exercise, because of the disappeared posters that you come across (and ones still here).

vandermolen

Quote from: Spotted Horses on September 26, 2022, 08:46:13 PM
I'm constantly tortured by the loss of Lethevich, because her name keeps appearing as the member who started "The Unimportant News Thread." Gone since January 2013, but not forgotten. Looking at ancient threads is always an interesting exercise, because of the disappeared posters that you come across (and ones still here).
+1 Arthur. I was looking at some of her comments in a thread yesterday. Yes, sometimes it's sad looking at old threads as so many contributors have disappeared for whatever reason.

Madiel

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

foxandpeng

Quote from: Madiel on September 26, 2022, 11:21:25 PM
So people are still talking about him?

Still sad to see him gone, bud.
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Karl Henning

Quote from: vandermolen on September 26, 2022, 10:41:55 PM
+1 Arthur. I was looking at some of her comments in a thread yesterday. Yes, sometimes it's sad looking at old threads as so many contributors have disappeared for whatever reason.

Yes.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Madiel

Quote from: foxandpeng on September 28, 2022, 06:14:36 AM
Still sad to see him gone, bud.

I'm sure you are. I'm less sure about some other people's feelings on the matter.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Florestan

Well, I miss John too and his avatar changes.  :D
Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

Karl Henning

Quote from: Florestan on September 28, 2022, 09:11:48 AM
Well, I miss John too and his avatar changes.  :D

(* chortle *)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Madiel

Yeah. See, this is the kind of thing of thing that is underlying the commentary. Smart little jokes, and chuckles from Karl when there is evidence to suggest that Karl might be one of the causes of MI leaving in the first place.

Just stop.