Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Florestan on November 21, 2022, 10:00:28 AMAnd the guest's name is staxomega.

Can't understand the whys and hows of such a move.

If I recall correctly, if you change your username the new username appears on your posts but the original username is still your underlying username. I suspect staxomega changed his/her username to hvbias and when the account was deleted the post labels revert to the original username, by some quirk of the site coding.

Of course, it is always to be regretted when a knowledgeable and congenial member leaves the site.

k a rl h e nn i ng

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Florestan

Quote from: Spotted Horses on November 21, 2022, 11:05:42 AM
If I recall correctly, if you change you username the new username appears on your posts but the original username is still your underlying username. I suspect staxomega changed his/her username to hvbias and when the account was deleted the post labels revert to the original username, by some quirk of the site coding.

I thought so, indeeed.

QuoteOf course, it is always to be regretted when a knowledgeable and congenial member leaves the site.

Especially when they leave abruptly and without any apparent reason.
"Art is no excuse for boring people." - Jules Renard

vandermolen

Quote from: Florestan on November 22, 2022, 04:56:20 AMEspecially when they leave abruptly and without any apparent reason.
I agree.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mandryka

So De Profundis, or was it Carlo Gesualdo, has disappeared without trace. I feel a bit bad about this -- he sent me long private messages, to which I may have responded in a laconic manner. If he sees this, it wasn't because I didn't appreciate him, on the contrary. It just was that I was busy.

Ne nous quittez pas, Carlo Gesualdo. Vous nous manquez - et pas que moi. On vous kif
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Dave B

In 2008 I asked for help identifying a cassette tape of 17th Century Spanish guitar music. It was serious for awhile as I got some suggestions from a currently missing member, Dirk Ronk. Then someone tired of the back and forth discussion of a cassette tape cover and posted a photo of Don Knotts, asking me if this was on the cassette cover, causing several of us to spew coffee on our computer screens. Some of those guys on that thread that I don't see anymore are Bogey, Sergeant Rock, Sarge, Dave MN, and of course Dirk Ronk. I miss those folks.

Traverso

Quote from: Mandryka on Today at 07:13:54 AMSo De Profundis, or was it Carlo Gesualdo, has disappeared without trace. I feel a bit bad about this -- he sent me long private messages, to which I may have responded in a laconic manner. If he sees this, it wasn't because I didn't appreciate him, on the contrary. It just was that I was busy.

Ne nous quittez pas, Carlo Gesualdo. Vous nous manquez - et pas que moi. On vous kif

If there was anyone who shared his enthusiasm on this forum, it was him.
Plagued by setbacks, he was constantly guided by his love for early music.
I would applaud if he realizes there is a welcome for him on this forum.
It would be a shame if he felt ignored.....