Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: brewski on February 08, 2023, 03:52:28 AMI am not sure that had occurred to me.

It certainly hadn't to me.

If I remember correctly, he once stated that he was badly beaten by a skinhead gang. It might have damaged him neurologically.

Still, I can't remember him publicly breaking any forum rule or being aggressive / disrespectful towards other members.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

brewski

Quote from: Florestan on February 08, 2023, 04:04:25 AMIt certainly hadn't to me.

If I remember correctly, he once stated that he was badly beaten by a skinhead gang. It might have damaged him neurologically.

Still, I can't remember him publicly breaking any forum rule or being aggressive / disrespectful towards other members.

Possibly because some posts were zapped before other people saw them. ;D

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Florestan

Quote from: brewski on February 08, 2023, 04:08:05 AMPossibly because some posts were zapped before other people saw them. ;D

I'm sure this was the case.

My whole point is that I wouldn't have imagined him being banned, he seemed to me strange but innocuous --- but then again appearances are deceptive.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Florestan on February 08, 2023, 04:04:25 AMIt certainly hadn't to me.

I believe, early on, he said he was institutionalized, related to substance abuse, among other issues. I often felt sorry for him. He seemed to be terribly lonely and desperately reaching out at times, but his issues were well beyond this type of forum.
It's all good...

Traverso

Quote from: Mookalafalas on March 02, 2023, 03:41:05 AMI believe, early on, he said he was institutionalized, related to substance abuse, among other issues. I often felt sorry for him. He seemed to be terribly lonely and desperately reaching out at times, but his issues were well beyond this type of forum.

I think deprofundis was often troubled by the demons in his head that sometimes provide an outlet on this forum. It may be a man in need who has no control over his verbal expressions at such moments. Clearly he was trying to find a haven  on this forum. I personally can't blame him much given his unfortunate mental state. With some reservations I hold the view that to understand all is to forgive all.

vandermolen

Quote from: OrchestralNut on February 02, 2023, 10:06:03 AMIt's a shame. He was kind and generous with me over the many years he was here.
Yes, with me too - extraordinarily generous.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brahmsian

Does anyone know what happened to Neal? @mc ukrneal rneal

With the distinct black panther avatar.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: OrchestralNut on March 07, 2023, 02:56:59 PMDoes anyone know what happened to Neal? @mc ukrneal rneal

With the distinct black panther avatar.

He was complaining about uncivil behavior on the forum around the time he made his last posts, so I would imagine that is the issue.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Que

I haven't seen André for a while.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Que on March 08, 2023, 12:28:29 AMI haven't seen André for a while.

I can think of one Andre and he posts here every five minutes. :)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 08, 2023, 03:37:49 AMI can think of one Andre and he posts here every five minutes. :)
Quote from: Karl Tirebiter Henning on March 08, 2023, 08:41:03 AMNor me.
Are you gents referring to André Le Nôtre?  If so, he posted asking for suggestions as to where to visit, etc. in an upcoming trip to Spain (a rather detailed post).  I want to say that this was sometime in the past week?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Brahmsian

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 08, 2023, 12:05:24 PMAre you gents referring to André Le Nôtre?  If so, he posted asking for suggestions as to where to visit, etc. in an upcoming trip to Spain (a rather detailed post).  I want to say that this was sometime in the past week?

PD

No, another Andre.  @André

Pohjolas Daughter

Ah!  O.k.  Thanks.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: OrchestralNut on March 08, 2023, 12:07:38 PMNo, another Andre.  @André

Oh, that Andre. I have a vague recollection that his absence was noted over this past summer and he popped in to say that things are fine, he's just busy and will resume his former participation. But that didn't really happen.

Spotted Horses

San Antone has been absent for about half a year.

Brahmsian

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 08, 2023, 05:07:20 PMSan Antone has been absent for about half a year.

Was wondering about him earlier today.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 08, 2023, 05:07:20 PMSan Antone has been absent for about half a year.
I should reach out to him. 
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Spotted Horses

I seem to recall he was retiring and moving houses. Things I seem to remember can be inaccurate, however.