Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cato and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

JBS

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 08, 2023, 04:56:32 PMOh, that Andre. I have a vague recollection that his absence was noted over this past summer and he popped in to say that things are fine, he's just busy and will resume his former participation. But that didn't really happen.

Your memory is more or less correct, although I seem to remember this was by email with a GMGer, and not his own post.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

premont

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 08, 2023, 05:07:20 PMSan Antone has been absent for about half a year.

He is very active at TC.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

vandermolen

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 08, 2023, 04:56:32 PMOh, that Andre. I have a vague recollection that his absence was noted over this past summer and he popped in to say that things are fine, he's just busy and will resume his former participation. But that didn't really happen.

Yes, that's right. He has been a very good and generous GMG friend and I have been in touch with him - but not for a while. I miss his presence here.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

San Antone

Hi guys - thanks for thinking of me.  I have been otherwise occupied, but do wonder from time to time what's going on over at GMG; and then I received an email from Karl.  So thought I'd check in.

Looks like things have changed a bit with the look of the forum.  Nice.

:)

Brahmsian

Quote from: San Antone on March 09, 2023, 05:39:15 AMHi guys - thanks for thinking of me.  I have been otherwise occupied, but do wonder from time to time what's going on over at GMG; and then I received an email from Karl.  So thought I'd check in.

Looks like things have changed a bit with the look of the forum.  Nice.

:)

Very nice to see you again! It took a while to get used to the new forum layout and look, but boy do I love it now!

Brahmsian

What about Bill @Bogey? It's been awhile!

Florestan

Whatever happened to the two Mike mods, Knight66 and Gurn Blanston? They haven't been active since January. I do hope they are okay. Maybe @Que and @brewski know more and can enlighten us.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

brewski

Quote from: Florestan on March 22, 2023, 03:13:54 AMWhatever happened to the two Mike mods, Knight66 and Gurn Blanston? They haven't been active since January. I do hope they are okay. Maybe @Que and @brewski know more and can enlighten us.

I can assure you that both Mike's are just fine, and thriving elsewhere. Since Twitter is a public arena, I think it's fine to mention Mike Brook's handle — https://twitter.com/mikedbrook — where he posts many of his own photographs. Gurn has a very knowledge-filled website (for anyone who loves Haydn who hasn't found it yet): Haydn Seek, https://www.fjhaydn.com/.

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Florestan

Quote from: brewski on March 22, 2023, 04:11:56 AMI can assure you that both Mike's are just fine, and thriving elsewhere. Since Twitter is a public arena, I think it's fine to mention Mike Brook's handle — https://twitter.com/mikedbrook — where he posts many of his own photographs. Gurn has a very knowledge-filled website (for anyone who loves Haydn who hasn't found it yet): Haydn Seek, https://www.fjhaydn.com/.

-Bruce

Thanks, Bruce, good to know they are fine.

Brahmsian

One other Mike I was wondering about yesterday and hope he is doing well - @some guy

Karl Henning

Quote from: Florestan on March 22, 2023, 03:13:54 AMWhatever happened to the two Mike mods, Knight66 and Gurn Blanston? They haven't been active since January. I do hope they are okay. Maybe @Que and @brewski know more and can enlighten us.
I see them on Facebook periodically. All is well, Andrei.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Brahmsian

Any Fergus sightings? @aligreto

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: OrchestralNut on April 02, 2023, 08:48:07 AMAny Fergus sightings? @aligreto
He has posted recently in the non-classical music listening thread.  And also in the vinyl thread.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Traverso

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 02, 2023, 01:25:44 PMHe has posted recently in the non-classical music listening thread.  And also in the vinyl thread.  :)

PD
op
Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 02, 2023, 01:25:44 PMHe has posted recently in the non-classical music listening thread.  And also in the vinyl thread.  :)

PD

I can't help it but I have a bad feeling about the reasons for his absence.He was not active for  a while and returned with his usual enthousiasme.He is also active on another forum and also there no activity the last ten days.I hope there is nothing serious .

Brahmsian

Quote from: Traverso on April 04, 2023, 12:16:32 PMop
I can't help it but I have a bad feeling about the reasons for his absence.He was not active for  a while and returned with his usual enthousiasme.He is also active on another forum and also there no activity the last ten days.I hope there is nothing serious .

I hope so too, and hope it is only a temporary absence.

ritter

Quote from: OrchestralNut on April 04, 2023, 12:26:02 PMI hope so too, and hope it is only a temporary absence.
+1.

Aligreto was absent for quite some time in the spring of last year (I asked about him then), but then came back. Let's hope this is just another sabbatical.

I miss André as well. Would love to see him back on GMG.

Brahmsian

Quote from: ritter on April 04, 2023, 12:30:50 PMI miss André as well. Would love to see him back on GMG.

Indeed!

vandermolen

Quote from: ritter on April 04, 2023, 12:30:50 PM+1.

Aligreto was absent for quite some time in the spring of last year (I asked about him then), but then came back. Let's hope this is just another sabbatical.

I miss André as well. Would love to see him back on GMG.
Very much agree on both counts. I was thinking of André yesterday.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

premont

Quote from: Traverso on April 04, 2023, 12:16:32 PMI can't help it but I have a bad feeling about the reasons for his absence.He was not active for  a while and returned with his usual enthousiasme.He is also active on another forum and also there no activity the last ten days.I hope there is nothing serious .

Yes, considering the many posts he wrote during March in the other forum until the sudden stop March 26., there may be reason for concern.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Florestan

Quote from: premont on April 04, 2023, 11:26:00 PMYes, considering the many posts he wrote during March in the other forum until the sudden stop March 26., there may be reason for concern.

I just sent aligreto an e-mail expressing our concern and kindly asking him to relieve us by letting us know he's fine. I hope we'll hear from him soon.