Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: André on July 02, 2024, 05:24:48 PMJeffrey, your inbox is full. Time to scrap some of your fanmail !😼
Hi André - my subscription had expired but I've reactivated it now so hopefully my inbox should be open to receive fan-mail soon!  ;D
V best
Jeffrey
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Madiel

Quote from: JBS on July 03, 2024, 01:42:50 PMIt also seems that our other John--Mirror Image--has not posted since 22 June.

Didn't he pretty much indicate a hiatus?
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Harry

Quote from: Madiel on July 04, 2024, 10:23:36 AMDidn't he pretty much indicate a hiatus?

Indeed he did!
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

JBS

I must have missed that. I only remember him saying he was taking a hiatus from *Petterson*.
I'm sure he'll be back when he's ready to be back.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Quote from: JBS on July 03, 2024, 01:42:50 PMIt also seems that our other John--Mirror Image--has not posted since 22 June.
Quote from: Madiel on July 04, 2024, 10:23:36 AMDidn't he pretty much indicate a hiatus?
Quote from: Harry on July 04, 2024, 11:56:15 AMIndeed he did!
Quote from: JBS on July 04, 2024, 04:04:16 PMI must have missed that. I only remember him saying he was taking a hiatus from *Petterson*.
I'm sure he'll be back when he's ready to be back.

No cause for alarm as I am indeed taking a hiatus for awhile but not just from Pettersson, but classical music in general. Sometimes these hiatuses last longer than others.

But I'll see you all around soon! Happy summer to all of you.
"You cannot set art off in a corner and hope for it to have vitality, reality, and substance." ― Charles Ives

Mirror Image

Quote from: André on June 30, 2024, 01:06:08 PMThinking of you Sarge. Take care !

André! Holy smokes! Long-time, no see! It's great to see you again and have you back in the saddle. I'm on a bit of hiatus myself, but I just wanted to tell you I've missed your contributions.
"You cannot set art off in a corner and hope for it to have vitality, reality, and substance." ― Charles Ives

steve ridgway

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 04, 2024, 06:37:43 PMNo cause for alarm as I am indeed taking a hiatus for awhile but not just from Pettersson, but classical music in general. Sometimes these hiatuses last longer than others.

But I'll see you all around soon! Happy summer to all of you.

Hope you have a good summer, looking forward to your return 8) .

DavidW

As it is @AnthonyAthletic's birthday today, I'll say I still miss him!  When I was doing some decluttering I found that Dalek stamp that he turned into a paperweight and sent me.  I still keep it, and I'm known for not keeping things!

We used to swap CD burns (back in the dark ages).

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on July 11, 2024, 06:29:31 AMAs it is @AnthonyAthletic's birthday today, I'll say I still miss him!  When I was doing some decluttering I found that Dalek stamp that he turned into a paperweight and sent me.  I still keep it, and I'm known for not keeping things!

We used to swap CD burns (back in the dark ages).

It seemed like I hadn't seen AA around here for ages. I looked at his profile page. His last post was 2018, but "last active" was 2023!
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Mirror Image

I really hope @TheGSMoeller returns at some point. I miss our chats about Strauss, but also Ives --- both of which we share a huge enthusiasm for and, in fact, it was Greg who started the Ives music celebration he named "The Ives of March", which was a month-long appreciation for all things Charles Ives. I've done my best to carry on this tradition and will continue to do so the best way I can.