Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spotted Horses and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Cato

John of Scotland again is M.I.A.

Quote from: (: premont :) on December 05, 2017, 02:54:15 AM
...and I also miss Jochanaan.

Amen!  0:)  Was he one of our Finnish members?
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Florestan

Quote from: The new erato on December 05, 2017, 04:43:25 AM
When did this happen and on what thread if I may ask?

It happened last night (my time), in the James Levine thread yet the debate was over Jansons's comments. I was one of the (few) people who disagreed with him, but I wouldn't have imagined, let alone wish, he'd delete his account.

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Karl Henning

Quote from: Cato on December 05, 2017, 04:44:20 AM
Amen!  0:)  Was he one of our Finnish members?

Nay, a Coloradan.  He's fairly active on Facebook; which is not to say that we do not miss him here  0:)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

North Star

Quote from: The new erato on December 05, 2017, 04:43:25 AM
When did this happen and on what thread if I may ask? A deplorable loss for the forum.
The #metoo (aka James Levine) thread. And yes, no grounds for leaving, really.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Baron Scarpia

I'm surprised to see my departure lamented. In any case, I did not decide to leave in a fit of pique over James Levine or female conductors. Closer to the truth to say it was disappointment in myself for allowing the board to consume so much of my time and energy, when I have many pressing problems in my life that I lack time to resolve. Anyway, I have allowed myself to return because I found myself missing a place to post "I listened to recording x and it was very fine/was awful." I will endeavour to limit myself to such posts in the future.

Mirror Image

Personally, I never understood why people leave over bickering and such. It's not worth the headache, folks. I have found that it's much easier to ignore the offender(s), then confront them head-on, which doesn't always mean that there's going to be a resolution. In any event, I'm glad to see Scarpia back at the helm.

Cato

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on December 12, 2017, 11:26:33 PM
I'm surprised to see my departure lamented. In any case, I did not decide to leave in a fit of pique over James Levine or female conductors. Closer to the truth to say it was disappointment in myself for allowing the board to consume so much of my time and energy, when I have many pressing problems in my life that I lack time to resolve. Anyway, I have allowed myself to return because I found myself missing a place to post "I listened to recording x and it was very fine/was awful." I will endeavour to limit myself to such posts in the future.

Best Wishes on solving those problems! 
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Karl Henning

Welcome back!  Good solving to you!  :)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Baron Scarpia

Quote from: Cato on December 13, 2017, 04:48:10 PM
Best Wishes on solving those problems!

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 14, 2017, 03:38:19 AM
Welcome back!  Good solving to you!  :)

Quote from: San Antonio on December 14, 2017, 04:31:00 AM
Along with the others I too am happy to see you return and hope your current difficulties are resolved.  I can also relate to your sentiment about posting only in the music listening threads.  In any event, I wish you a most hearty welcome back!

:)

I made it sound as though I just can't put off solving that Rubik's cube any longer.  :)  What I really mean is my family needs my full attention.

André

That's hugely commendable of you. Your priorities are right where they should be.

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones !

Mirror Image

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on December 14, 2017, 07:05:08 AMWhat I really mean is my family needs my full attention.

This is certainly the most important in any of our lives (if we're fortunate enough to have family members to share our lives with). Best of luck to you and I do wish you and your family well.

Florestan

Welcome back! I'm really glad you returned! Best wishes to you and your family!
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Marc

And ur a Baron again?

Welcome back from Marquis Marc. :)

Karl Henning

King Karl?

Naaaaaaah.....
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Mirror Image

Court Jester John?

Yeah, probably.... ;D

Marc

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 15, 2017, 06:59:05 AM
King Karl?

Naaaaaaah.....

KAISER Karl.

Membews of GMG, Kaisew Kawl is youw fwiend.

Hail, Thaethar!

Karl Henning

Quote from: Marc on December 15, 2017, 07:11:13 AM
KAISER Karl.

Membews of GMG, Kaisew Kawl is youw fwiend.

Hail, Thaethar!

Hah!

Theveral theditious thcribeth of Thætharea . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

SurprisedByBeauty

Welcome back and good luck with your endeavor. Also glad to see that you got upgraded to Baron! Cheers!!!

vandermolen

Well, I'm very pleased to see you back as well. I hope that things work out well for you and don't let me lead you astray in the Sherlock Holmes type mystery investigation: 'The Case of the missing sections of Vaughan Williams's 'A London Symphony'.

All best wishes to you.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

kishnevi

Anyone heard from Sarge lately? Just checked--he last checked in here on Jan 26.