Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: knight66 on June 21, 2018, 10:05:56 PM
I am not happy that the site search engine has disappeared

???

It hasn't. It's there and it's functional.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

knight66

Quote from: Florestan on June 21, 2018, 11:29:56 PM
???

It hasn't. It's there and it's functional.

Ah, it is working now, news to me. Last I knew was we were to use Google. Thanks.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Mandryka

Several folk have wondered about MI, I gather he has discovered a sudden enthusiasm for rock music which he feels altogether pushes his long term classical interests aside. He may well return when he again feels the need for he former pleasures and his friends here. I never have grasped why people repeatedly leave formally then rejoin. Unless there is some terrific bust up, rare, just stop posting for a while and pop back as and when. I have raised my eyebrows at some members who after years here, threw in the towel because they had access problems for a week.

I am not happy that the site search engine has disappeared, though it never has liked Berlioz damn it, but the inability of new people or returning folk to register is the real big problem. I hope that Rob lets us know soon what is or is not going on. So folks, do think about the impulse to leave as, for the moment, there is no way back.

Anyone want a recommendation of a Pergolesi Stabat Mater that I discovered for myself recently, let me know.

Mike

Mike

If Rob has left us for ever, is there anything that we can do to create a mirror of the site, or indeed to take it over?

If the worst comes to the worst, Talk Classical offers similar functionality, you can post text, images and videos, which in fact is really all I need, though for some reason I find this website more congenial, maybe because it's more "peaceful." But for those looking for friendly banter about music in a listening thread, which I guess is what many people are here for, it's not the same ambience at all.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

knight66

Rob's movements have often meen a bit mysterious. He has been unavailable for extended periords in the past when he has been on medical missions in remote places.

Mike

Marc

[...]
Anyone want a recommendation of a Pergolesi Stabat Mater that I discovered for myself recently, let me know.
[...]

Hi there mod Mike.
Would you be so kind to place your recommendation(s) in this thread?

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,28220.0.html

;)

knight66

Quote from: Marc on June 22, 2018, 01:17:51 AM
Hi there mod Mike.
Would you be so kind to place your recommendation(s) in this thread?

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,28220.0.html

;)

Apologies, I meant Vivaldi Stabat Mater. I will shove it on when I get a chance.

M

Mandryka

Quote from: knight66 on June 22, 2018, 01:03:57 AM
Rob's movements have often meen a bit mysterious. He has been unavailable for extended periords in the past when he has been on medical missions in remote places.

Mike

That's reassuring.

mc ukrneal

His profile updated to show he logged on today!
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

André

Quote from: mc ukrneal on June 22, 2018, 02:47:40 AM
His profile updated to show he logged on today!

Who ? Rob, or MI ?

prémont

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

NikF

Yeah, he was on last night. I didn't send him a PM because I imagine he's been inundated, and there's nothing unique that I could ask/add in any case.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Mandryka

Was it just a flying visit, or did anyone communicate with Rob?

Sammy

I'm not missing, but I will be gone after this posting. 

Participation rates in the games I run have been declining for a few weeks now.  I expected this to happen, but I also expected that there would be some new members to join in.  Unfortunately, new membership doesn't happen here.

For those interested, there are currently 2 unfinished games.  Everything needed to continue both games is housed in the applicable selection threads so.......continue if you like. 

knight66

Sammy, I imagine that the new membership issue will be sorted out at some point. Until then, as a member of six years standing, surely you could enter into discussions with the folk here. I hope that because people are not flocking to your games that you take that as a personal rejection. There are other ways to enjoy the site.

Mike

vandermolen

Was concerned that Scion 7 had disappeared but was then reassured that he had been active not long ago.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

ritter

Karlo (North Star) has been absent for some time now. Anyone heard from him recently?

Gurn Blanston

Jo498 hasn't been here since April 22. One of my favorite posters, if I have such a thing. Hopefully, he got a life and that's all. :-\

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Karl Henning

Quote from: ritter on July 03, 2018, 11:00:03 AM
Karlo (North Star) has been absent for some time now. Anyone heard from him recently?

Aye, he is well, and a-vacationing.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

NikF

I just thought he was just halfway up a mountain and making a really long exposure with a pinhole camera or something.

"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

NikF

And Todd. Unless he has a new username. Having said that, I remember his being away from the forum before.