Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knight66

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on October 14, 2018, 07:43:44 AM
Oh dear, another hellacious hurricane went through Georgia, and MI is missing. He unfriended me on facebook, so no information there. I hope he came trough unscathed. I recall that last hurricane his house was damaged.

I had a look on FB to see, however, seemingly, I also am out in the cold. I hope he is OK.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

JBS

He seems to have unfriended everyone on FB.
But he changed his FB cover photo yesterday so presumably this new storm did no major damage.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100021897814014&fref=nf

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: JBS on October 14, 2018, 05:18:31 PM
He seems to have unfriended everyone on FB.
But he changed his FB cover photo yesterday so presumably this new storm did no major damage.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100021897814014&fref=nf

You take for granted that he wouldn't be changing his profile picture from a FEMA tent somewhere?   >:D

Mirror Image

Thanks to those who are concerned, but I'm in the midst of dismantling my Facebook and just getting rid of it for good. If I unfriended you, it's because I honestly wanted nothing to do with GMG for awhile and, in the process, I became frustrated and so I started deleting my GMG friends (among others as well). As for Hurricane Michael (err...Tropical Storm Michael), thankfully we got through it unscathed. A good bit of rain and some wind is all we received, so I'm quite thankful for this, although we were much better equipped for it this time around as we had around 9-10 trees cut down following the aftermath of Hurricane Irma. Anyway, I'm alive (for now) and hopefully I'll feel the urge to post more often.

Ken B

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 15, 2018, 06:58:19 PM
Thanks to those who are concerned, but I'm in the midst of dismantling my Facebook and just getting rid of it for good. If I unfriended you, it's because I honestly wanted nothing to do with GMG for awhile and, in the process, I became frustrated and so I started deleting my GMG friends (among others as well). As for Hurricane Michael (err...Tropical Storm Michael), thankfully we got through it unscathed. A good bit of rain and some wind is all we received, so I'm quite thankful for this, although we were much better equipped for it this time around as we had around 9-10 trees cut down following the aftermath of Hurricane Irma. Anyway, I'm alive (for now) and hopefully I'll feel the urge to post more often.
Good to hear. As long as you are okay and still listening to music!

Mirror Image

Quote from: Ken B on October 15, 2018, 07:04:53 PM
Good to hear. As long as you are okay and still listening to music!

Thanks, Ken. 8) Oh yes, I'm definitely still listening to music. I took quite a break from classical music, but it seems I've been bitten by the bug yet again.

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 15, 2018, 06:58:19 PM
Very pleased to see you back here John and all strength to you in whatever is going on in your life.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

NikF

Bogey - he had an enthusiasm for music and cinema (without talking uninformed BS about cinematography) and boxing and other cool stuff. Wherever he is/whatever he's doing, I hope he's well.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Ken B

Quote from: NikF on October 26, 2018, 08:35:07 PM
Bogey - he had an enthusiasm for music and cinema (without talking uninformed BS about cinematography) and boxing and other cool stuff. Wherever he is/whatever he's doing, I hope he's well.
And an interest in all things 1950s.
I hope he comes Bac .... all

NikF

Quote from: Ken B on October 26, 2018, 08:41:13 PM
And an interest in all things 1950s.
I hope he comes Bac .... all

*proverbial polite round of golf applause*
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

vandermolen

Quote from: NikF on October 26, 2018, 08:35:07 PM
+1
I miss his contributions too.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

JBS

I decided to go missing from Twitter: deactivated my account just now after deciding it was of no benefit beyond wasting my time arguing in 140 character bursts with total strangers.  Anyone I actually wanted to keep in touch with there I can do so on Facebook and/or here.

So if you wonder why I disappeared there, that's why.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: JBS on October 31, 2018, 03:48:32 PM
I decided to go missing from Twitter: deactivated my account just now after deciding it was of no benefit beyond wasting my time arguing in 140 character bursts with total strangers.  Anyone I actually wanted to keep in touch with there I can do so on Facebook and/or here.

So if you wonder why I disappeared there, that's why.

Pity, I found a lot of your retweets kept me informed about a sector I rarely get to see elsewise. But I understand your need to decompress, it's a bit much betimes... :-\

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

JBS

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on October 31, 2018, 04:27:37 PM
Pity, I found a lot of your retweets kept me informed about a sector I rarely get to see elsewise. But I understand your need to decompress, it's a bit much betimes... :-\

8)

I do have 30 days to change my mind....and of course after that I can simply start all over.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: JBS on October 31, 2018, 04:32:57 PM

I do have 30 days to change my mind....and of course after that I can simply start all over.

Indeed you do. Which is why I rarely bemoan members leaving, there or here. They can always come back.

I DO miss our Bogey, though... :-\

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

I never quite figured out what Twitter is for.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on October 31, 2018, 05:38:36 PM
Indeed you do. Which is why I rarely bemoan members leaving, there or here. They can always come back.

I DO miss our Bogey, though... :-\

8)

I left him vx-mail the other day, will follow up this morning.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on October 31, 2018, 07:22:54 PM

Many things are much better in small doses... :)

8)

Ken B

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on October 31, 2018, 07:22:54 PM
Twitter was created by aliens to allow the idiots to self-identify. This will helps when culling the herd.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Seems like it's been quite a while since I've seen a post from Mahlerian, although the member list says he's been "active" recently.