Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

He's busy in grad school.  I should ping him.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 08, 2018, 12:16:18 AM
He's busy in grad school.  I should ping him.

Not a Karajan listening binge?

Ken B

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Since when is kyjo's account deleted? Did I miss something?

Ken B

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on November 28, 2018, 12:38:41 PM
It's still there. Active within the past week.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: Ken B on November 28, 2018, 04:31:51 PM
It's still there. Active within the past week.

Saw the username listed as guest in an old post. I guess he deleted and re-registered at some point.

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

schnittkease

Quote from: Mandryka on December 02, 2018, 01:42:52 AM
Where is Snyprrrrrr?

Last I heard, the mods were monitoring his every post after some (particularly) xenophobic comments. I guess he deleted his account somewhere along the way.

zamyrabyrd

Quote from: Florestan on December 02, 2018, 01:47:21 AM
Where is zamyrabyrd?

Thanks for asking about me. Indeed, I was away for a spell, was shocked to hear what happened to Karl meanwhile.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

SimonNZ

What has happened to Karl?

Florestan

Quote from: SimonNZ on December 06, 2018, 09:15:26 AM
What has happened to Karl?

Had a stroke two weeks ago. Go to Henning's Headquarters thread for details.

vandermolen

I miss Mirror Image's contributions.
:(
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

André

Quote from: vandermolen on December 18, 2018, 01:17:28 PM
I miss Mirror Image's contributions.
:(

Hopefully he'll be back soon. I miss him too. He is a genuine, truthful fellow.

kyjo

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on November 28, 2018, 12:38:41 PM

You must've seen a post from my old account (under the same name), which was active 5 or so years ago and which I deleted. I'm still here.  :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

kyjo

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

vandermolen

Quote from: André on December 18, 2018, 03:33:30 PM
Hopefully he'll be back soon. I miss him too. He is a genuine, truthful fellow.
I agree.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Cato

Mirror Image wrote to me today, and said he hopes to return: he is listening to Jazz at the moment.

I was recalling two members from long ago: who recalls PINK HARP ?   :D

For those who do not, he or she was absolutely obsessed by Debussy's opera Pelleas et Melisande, and most of the time made comments which invariably led to mentioning how wonderful that particular work was!

Another was S A U L who was similarly obsessed by THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMPOSER...

Mendelssohn!  Music, in his august opinion, which, in his august opinion, was always correct, had not progressed beyond Mendelssohn, and so he pooh-poohed most composers post-1850...

Except for  S A U L himself, who composed some rather simplistic pieces, possibly with the help of "YOU CAN BE A COMPOSER" computer program.   Maybe he has improved since then: ten years or so have gone by, maybe more!  He was from Georgia (the one in Europe) and undoubtedly meant very well.  I do not recall his last name: it resembled Stalin's real name (Dzugashvili) but was different!  0:)

Anyway, both left the forum for various reasons.  S A U L   (I think) felt his works were not properly appreciated here.
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Florestan

Quote from: Cato on January 01, 2019, 10:17:38 AM
Mirror Image wrote to me today, and said he hopes to return: he is listening to Jazz at the moment.

I was recalling two members from long ago: who recalls PINK HARP ?   :D

For those who do not, he or she was absolutely obsessed by Debussy's opera Pelleas et Melisande, and most of the time made comments which invariably led to mentioning how wonderful that particular work was!

Another was S A U L who was similarly obsessed by THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMPOSER...

Mendelssohn!  Music, in his august opinion, which, in his august opinion, was always correct, had not progressed beyond Mendelssohn, and so he pooh-poohed most composers post-1850...

Except for  S A U L himself, who composed some rather simplistic pieces, possibly with the help of "YOU CAN BE A COMPOSER" computer program.   Maybe he has improved since then: ten years or so have gone by, maybe more!  He was from Georgia (the one in Europe) and undoubtedly meant very well.  I do not recall his last name: it resembled Stalin's real name (Dzugashvili) but was different!  0:)

Anyway, both left the forum for various reasons.  S A U L   (I think) felt his works were not properly appreciated here.

Oh yes, Pink Harp and the one and only Saul Dzorelashvili, who had actually two obsessions: Mendelssohn as the greatest composer and Jews as the greatest people.  :laugh:

vandermolen