Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Has anyone seen Dancing Divertimentian lately? I miss him a lot. He's a hell of a nice guy and has shown me nothing but patience and kindness. He and I also share a lot of the same musical interests, so that's also a nice little bonus. 8)

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 04, 2019, 08:53:16 PM
Has anyone seen Dancing Divertimentian lately? I miss him a lot. He's a hell of a nice guy and has shown me nothing but patience and kindness. He and I also share a lot of the same musical interests, so that's also a nice little bonus. 8)

I looked at his profile. He hasn't posted since November, but he was "active" today (lurking?). Just not paying attention to music these days, perhaps.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on February 04, 2019, 09:41:03 PM
I looked at his profile. He hasn't posted since November, but he was "active" today (lurking?). Just not paying attention to music these days, perhaps.

I believe the lurking part, but have trouble believing the not paying attention to music part. :)

Alek Hidell

I've been pretty scarce around these parts lately myself (though I'm sure I'm not enough of a veteran - or a contrarian ;) - to have been missed), but I have to say I'm glad to see M.I. back. I knew it would happen eventually, and I'm glad it finally has. :)

Yeah, and where is Dancing Divertimentian?
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Mirror Image

Quote from: Alek Hidell on February 05, 2019, 07:02:17 PM
I've been pretty scarce around these parts lately myself (though I'm sure I'm not enough of a veteran - or a contrarian ;) - to have been missed), but I have to say I'm glad to see M.I. back. I knew it would happen eventually, and I'm glad it finally has. :)

Yeah, and where is Dancing Divertimentian?

Thank you very much, Alex! It's great to see you, too. Yep, you can't stray very far once classical music has become ingrained in your mind and soul. 8)

Brian

Dancing Divertimentian lives a few miles away and met me in person one time (I was buying a couple CDs). Maybe I should throw a paper airplane in his direction...

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brian on February 06, 2019, 06:12:19 AM
Dancing Divertimentian lives a few miles away and met me in person one time (I was buying a couple CDs). Maybe I should throw a paper airplane in his direction...

That would be cool. 8)

JBS

Has anyone heard from Zamyrabird recently?  Her profile shows her to have last visited GMG on Feb 7.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Karl Henning

Quote from: JBS on February 22, 2019, 11:15:40 AM
Has anyone heard from Zamyrabird recently?  Her profile shows her to have last visited GMG on Feb 7.

I'll reach out
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Mirror Image

I still really miss Dancing Divertimentian. He's my Debussy buddy (along with Rafael).

Mirror Image

Anyone know what happened to Peter (Moonfish)?

vandermolen

Aligreto seems to have gone a bit quiet. I enjoy his contributions and our communications. Hope all is ok.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Irons

Quote from: vandermolen on March 05, 2019, 12:23:41 PM
Aligreto seems to have gone a bit quiet. I enjoy his contributions and our communications. Hope all is ok.

Likewise. He came over as a nice chap, and as a fellow enthusiast of the LP record it's a bit lonely with him not being around.

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

premont

GORDO has also been missing for some time.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Christo

Quote from: vandermolen on March 05, 2019, 12:23:41 PM
+1
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

vandermolen

Quote from: Irons on March 05, 2019, 01:20:30 PM
Likewise. He came over as a nice chap, and as a fellow enthusiast of the LP record it's a bit lonely with him not being around.
+1 hope he returns soon.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

NikF4

aligreto is a good guy and good contributor and I'll always be grateful for his patience when trying to help me listen to Bruckner.
I've mentioned before the fact that Bogey is missed - and not just because he once gave a great plaudit to one of my photos when usually I don't give a sh*t about such matters. ;D
James - it seemed that going with the flow (or at least being seen to do so) was of little concern to him. A rare quality.
Spineur appears to have left the forum but was an interesting poster. I remember him using the term 'grazing incidence' when discussing an artwork and immediately thinking 'He understands how to look at stuff and therefore knows where it's at'.  8)

Anyway, I hope they're all happy and healthy. :)

vandermolen

Quote from: NikF4 on March 07, 2019, 03:11:06 AM
aligreto is a good guy and good contributor and I'll always be grateful for his patience when trying to help me listen to Bruckner.
I've mentioned before the fact that Bogey is missed - and not just because he once gave a great plaudit to one of my photos when usually I don't give a sh*t about such matters. ;D
James - it seemed that going with the flow (or at least being seen to do so) was of little concern to him. A rare quality.
Spineur appears to have left the forum but was an interesting poster. I remember him using the term 'grazing incidence' when discussing an artwork and immediately thinking 'He understands how to look at stuff and therefore knows where it's at'.  8)

+1 from me.

Christo

Quote from: NikF4 on March 07, 2019, 03:11:06 AM

+ me, am missing all three.
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Musician

I have not been here for a few yeas because I had nothing to post and then I forgot I was even a member here.  I found this site again by accident googling Dawn Upshaw not that I am a fan anymore but I was curious what she was up to now