Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlice

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 21, 2019, 07:49:04 PM
Hullo, Aliz!

Hallo, Karl!

Quote from: San Antone on May 21, 2019, 11:06:37 PM
Nice!  I too retired in January. But my wife and I have been renovating two houses, one to sell the other to move into - and the process has been anything but relaxing. Great to see you back around these parts. 

Congratulations on your retirement!! And oh my... one house is bad enough, but two at the same time....! Good thing you're retired, then, so you can get the renovations out of the way...?  O.O 

I've had a project in another field for some years now, so though I retired from my day job, I'm on the faculty at my state's flagship U, and the unpaid appointment has turned into a paid one. My current home will undergo some remodeling, but this will wait until I'm done being so busy doing other things (or parts of it start falling off).

Karl Henning

Quote from: owlice on May 22, 2019, 12:27:03 AM
Hallo, Karl!

Congratulations on your retirement!! And oh my... one house is bad enough, but two at the same time....! Good thing you're retired, then, so you can get the renovations out of the way...?  O.O 

I've had a project in another field for some years now, so though I retired from my day job, I'm on the faculty at my state's flagship U, and the unpaid appointment has turned into a paid one. My current home will undergo some remodeling, but this will wait until I'm done being so busy doing other things (or parts of it start falling off).

Masha is still doing work in Chevy Chase, if you have time to visit and say hi!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

owlice

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 22, 2019, 07:59:20 AM
Masha is still doing work in Chevy Chase, if you have time to visit and say hi!
I am heading to Boston, possibly two times, in the very near future!

Karl Henning

Quote from: owlice on May 22, 2019, 01:56:29 PM
I am heading to Boston, possibly two times, in the very near future!

Let us know, you have my e-mail, I believe
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Marc

Quote from: owlice on May 21, 2019, 04:25:26 PM
How long does one have to be gone to be considered missing, I wonder...

I am basically lurking, but sometimes I read a recent thread with member's names who suddenly turn into 'guest'.
As with Traverso, earlier this month.

Que

Quote from: Marc on May 23, 2019, 01:47:03 AM
I am basically lurking, but sometimes I read a recent thread with member's names who suddenly turn into 'guest'.

Has there been an exchange of unpleasantries don't know about?  ::)

Q

Marc

Quote from: Que on May 24, 2019, 11:33:58 PM
Has there been an exchange of unpleasantries don't know about?  ::)

Q

No, it was just an explanation how I found out so 'quickly' that traverso had (temporarily) left.
(In reaction to owlice's question.)

JBS

Baron Scarpia seems to have de-membered himself!

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Alek Hidell

Quote from: JBS on June 11, 2019, 06:10:30 PM
Baron Scarpia seems to have de-membered himself!

What?! Send out the GMG goon squad and drag him back!
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

mc ukrneal

He's abandoned us for a different forum...again. 
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Que

Quote from: mc ukrneal on June 11, 2019, 08:21:18 PM
He's abandoned us for a different forum...again.

There is a forum better than ours?? ???

Q :D

Brian

ritter

E avanti a lui tremava tutta Roma!

NikF4

I could be wrong, but it might be that Scarpia is the only person I regularly spoke to on this forum who has the balls to get in a boxing ring and spar with me. Also, between three minute rounds he would have the capacity to keep up the banter in the form of berating my ongoing love of Tri-X and Ektar.
I believe he'll return eventually, but if not I hope he's happy and healthy.

Mirror Image

Honestly, I can't really blame the guy. I've become rather dissatisfied with the forum lately. I'm still going to post on occasion, but I'm definitely going to put my energies into another forum I've found that I like and has wider variety of threads. And, no, it's not just a classical music forum, but all kinds of music, which is really better for me since classical music isn't the only genre I love.

So, farewell for now.

Harry

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 12, 2019, 06:33:00 AM
Honestly, I can't really blame the guy. I've become rather dissatisfied with the forum lately. I'm still going to post on occasion, but I'm definitely going to put my energies into another forum I've found that I like and has wider variety of threads. And, no, it's not just a classical music forum, but all kinds of music, which is really better for me since classical music isn't the only genre I love.

So, farewell for now.

O, dear again he's gone. What is it with all those people being dissatisfied.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

NikF4

Quote from: "Harry" on June 12, 2019, 06:45:20 AM
O, dear again he's gone. What is it with all those people being dissatisfied.

Manchildren. It's where we are now as a global society. An overinflated semsey of importance. I'm not referring to such as oor Scarpia in that way, because he has frequently spoken of time limitations. But the rest of it is BS.
Anyway, as I always say, I hope that they're happy, healthy, and at peace. But who knows exactly why anyone does anything. Speaking only for myself, I'm here (intermittently) because it improves my quality of life. And I'll always appreciate that.

Karl Henning

Quote from: NikF4 on June 12, 2019, 07:05:15 AM
Manchildren. It's where we are now as a global society. An overinflated semsey of importance. I'm not referring to such as oor Scarpia in that way, because he has frequently spoken of time limitations. But the rest of it is BS.
Anyway, as I always say, I hope that they're happy, healthy, and at peace. But who knows exactly why anyone does anything. Speaking only for myself, I'm here (intermittently) because it improves my quality of life. And I'll always appreciate that.

Cheers, mate!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

NikF4

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 12, 2019, 07:06:19 AM
Cheers, mate!

You're welcome. But you should see the view from where I'm sitting.   8)