Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: "Harry" on October 12, 2019, 10:38:06 AM
Lest we forget, MI behaved very badly towards certain members, and moderators, so I think it is wrong to glorify his postings in such grandiose terms.
I miss some of his postings, but certainly not all.
I take your point Harry but I'm not sure that anyone here was 'glorifying' his posting in 'grandiose terms' but just missing his contributions and shared interests. There are others too, like Pohjola's Daughter, whose contributions I miss as well.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

Lest we forget, MI behaved very badly towards certain members, and moderators, so I think it is wrong to glorify his postings in such grandiose terms.
I miss some of his postings, but certainly not all.

Point taken, Harry, and I have had the odd tussle with John, myself. I am not glorifying him, just registering the fact that I do miss him. Not desperately, it is true, but . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Florestan

Lest we forget, MI behaved very badly towards certain members, and moderators,

He did, yes, but he also acknowledged being in the wrong and apologized when he was rebuked. Kind of like myself.  :D

I do hope he'll return one day.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

The new erato

There's a difference between being illbehaved and evil.

Harry

Quote from: The new erato on October 12, 2019, 01:16:42 PM
There's a difference between being illbehaved and evil.

That's obvious isn't it? I did not say he was evil, but ill behaved he was certainly. I am amazed that almost everyone seems to have a excuse for MI behaviour.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

The new erato

It was evil that drove him off the board. Bad manners can be excused or rectified.

Ken B

Quote from: The new erato on October 12, 2019, 01:32:51 PM
It was evil that drove him off the board. Bad manners can be excused or rectified.

Yes.

Florestan

Quote from: The new erato on October 12, 2019, 01:32:51 PM

This.

Karl Henning

Quote from: "Harry" on October 12, 2019, 01:30:20 PM
That's obvious isn't it? I did not say he was evil, but ill behaved he was certainly. I am amazed that almost everyone seems to have a excuse for MI behaviour.

I hope you do not see my reply as excusing or condoning the downside of his behavior.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Andante

Hi Guys, I just thought I should say hi and to add that I have not been banned or packed it in just needed a spell away from the PC for a while but I have lurked now and again, sorry to spoil your day   :laugh:
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

vandermolen

Quote from: Andante on October 12, 2019, 08:20:19 PM
Hi Guys, I just thought I should say hi and to add that I have not been banned or packed it in just needed a spell away from the PC for a while but I have lurked now and again, sorry to spoil your day   :laugh:

Pleased to see you back here.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Que

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on October 12, 2019, 10:17:50 AM
I also miss MI's posts, though I confess he likes to drawn attention when always says he leaves the site.

I kind of miss his emotional farewell parties....  8)

Q

Karl Henning

Quote from: Andante on October 12, 2019, 08:20:19 PM

Welcome back, anyway!  0:)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Ken B

Quote from: Que on October 13, 2019, 12:10:07 AM
I kind of miss his emotional farewell parties....  8)

Q

And if you missed one there was another just a few weeks later.

Andante

Thanks very much Vandermolen and  k a rl h e nn i ng I will become part of GMG again and am sorry to see MI has departed he was OK as far as I am concerned.
Chow for now,  :)
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

Mirror Image

Hello All,

Allow me to say how sorry I am that I have been gone for these past 3-4 months (or however long it has been), but I've been pursuing some other musical interests as I often do throughout the year but I'm back into classical music now it seems full-time. There is no greater forum for classical music than GMG --- I have been a member of many other forums and none of them match the friendliness, openness, and sheer passion that the members of this forum display on a daily basis. Due to the circumstances of my departure, I have reevaluated the main reason as to why I didn't come back and that was the sheer viciousness shown towards me from a former member. It stung quite deeply and I figured it would be a good idea to 'let the dust settle' so to speak before I actually return.

To those wondering about my Facebook page, I have deleted it and I don't plan on returning to that site as I felt I was really gaining nothing from it besides being able to chat with many members of this forum there, but that wasn't enough for me to keep it up. Anyway, it's good to be back and I might be slower to respond this time around, but I know I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with what everyone has been listening to.

I'll see you all around,

John (Mirror Image)

P.S. Quickly browsing through the more recent posts on this thread, it's good to see many members who have returned: Moonfish (Peter), Andante, etc. Welcome back, gents!

ritter

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 14, 2019, 06:33:22 AM
Hello All,

Allow me to say how sorry I am that I have been gone for these past 3-4 months (or however long it has been), but I've been pursuing some other musical interests as I often do throughout the year but I'm back into classical music now it seems full-time. There is no greater forum for classical music than GMG --- I have been a member of many other forums and none of them match the friendliness, openness, and sheer passion that the members of this forum do. Due to the circumstances of my departure, I have reevaluated the main reason as to why I didn't come back and that was the sheer viciousness shown towards me from a former member. It stung quite deeply and I figured it would be a good idea to 'let the dust settle' so to speak before I actually return.

To those wondering about my Facebook page, I have deleted and I don't plan on returning to that site as I felt I was really gaining nothing from it besides being able to chat with many members of this forum there, but that wasn't enough for me to keep it up. Anyway, it's good to be back and I might be slower to respond this time around as around, but I know I have a lot of post reading to do to catch up with what everyone has been listening to.

I'll see you all around,

John (Mirror Image)

P.S. Quickly browsing through the more recent posts on this thread, it's good to see many members who have returned: Moonfish (Peter), Andante, etc. Welcome back, gents!
Welcome back, John! You were missed by many of us (including, of course, me), and it's great to have you back!

Warm regards from Spain,

Rafael

Mirror Image

Thank you, Rafael! It's good to see you're still hanging around here.

Florestan

Hello All,

Allow me to say how sorry I am that I have been gone for these past 3-4 months (or however long it has been), but I've been pursuing some other musical interests as I often do throughout the year but I'm back into classical music now it seems full-time. There is no greater forum for classical music than GMG --- I have been a member of many other forums and none of them match the friendliness, openness, and sheer passion that the members of this forum display on a daily basis. Due to the circumstances of my departure, I have reevaluated the main reason as to why I didn't come back and that was the sheer viciousness shown towards me from a former member. It stung quite deeply and I figured it would be a good idea to 'let the dust settle' so to speak before I actually return.

To those wondering about my Facebook page, I have deleted it and I don't plan on returning to that site as I felt I was really gaining nothing from it besides being able to chat with many members of this forum there, but that wasn't enough for me to keep it up. Anyway, it's good to be back and I might be slower to respond this time around, but I know I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with what everyone has been listening to.

I'll see you all around,

John (Mirror Image)

Welcome back home, John!

Karl Henning

Hello All,

I'll see you all around,

John (Mirror Image)

Welcome back, John!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA