Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 15, 2019, 04:16:01 AM
Well, if I were the person in authority (which I am not), I'd consider you excused.

Cheers Karl ;)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on October 14, 2019, 11:55:25 PM
At last some good MI news in the 'Missing Members' section!

A big welcome back from me too John.

:)

I missed your Grand Return yesterday as I was attending the London premiere of James MacMillan's 5th Symphony.

0:)

Thanks, Jeffrey!

aligreto

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 14, 2019, 06:33:22 AM
Hello All,

Allow me to say how sorry I am that I have been gone for these past 3-4 months (or however long it has been), but I've been pursuing some other musical interests as I often do throughout the year but I'm back into classical music now it seems full-time. There is no greater forum for classical music than GMG --- I have been a member of many other forums and none of them match the friendliness, openness, and sheer passion that the members of this forum display on a daily basis. Due to the circumstances of my departure, I have reevaluated the main reason as to why I didn't come back and that was the sheer viciousness shown towards me from a former member. It stung quite deeply and I figured it would be a good idea to 'let the dust settle' so to speak before I actually return.

To those wondering about my Facebook page, I have deleted it and I don't plan on returning to that site as I felt I was really gaining nothing from it besides being able to chat with many members of this forum there, but that wasn't enough for me to keep it up. Anyway, it's good to be back and I might be slower to respond this time around, but I know I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with what everyone has been listening to.

I'll see you all around,

John (Mirror Image)

P.S. Quickly browsing through the more recent posts on this thread, it's good to see many members who have returned: Moonfish (Peter), Andante, etc. Welcome back, gents!

Good to have you back and to see you around these parts again.

Mirror Image

Quote from: aligreto on October 17, 2019, 05:23:28 AM
Good to have you back and to see you around these parts again.

Thanks a lot!

kyjo

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 14, 2019, 06:33:22 AM
Hello All,

Allow me to say how sorry I am that I have been gone for these past 3-4 months (or however long it has been), but I've been pursuing some other musical interests as I often do throughout the year but I'm back into classical music now it seems full-time. There is no greater forum for classical music than GMG --- I have been a member of many other forums and none of them match the friendliness, openness, and sheer passion that the members of this forum display on a daily basis. Due to the circumstances of my departure, I have reevaluated the main reason as to why I didn't come back and that was the sheer viciousness shown towards me from a former member. It stung quite deeply and I figured it would be a good idea to 'let the dust settle' so to speak before I actually return.

To those wondering about my Facebook page, I have deleted it and I don't plan on returning to that site as I felt I was really gaining nothing from it besides being able to chat with many members of this forum there, but that wasn't enough for me to keep it up. Anyway, it's good to be back and I might be slower to respond this time around, but I know I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with what everyone has been listening to.

I'll see you all around,

John (Mirror Image)

P.S. Quickly browsing through the more recent posts on this thread, it's good to see many members who have returned: Moonfish (Peter), Andante, etc. Welcome back, gents!

John! Welcome back, my friend! I look forward to hearing from you again. :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Mirror Image

Quote from: kyjo on October 17, 2019, 07:24:34 PM
John! Welcome back, my friend! I look forward to hearing from you again. :)

Thank you very much!

AlberichUndHagen

I'm back finally, as well. The reason for my absense was because I accidentally managed to lock myself out of Gmg by messing with my account settings. That, combined with a certain unpleasant occurrence on this forum contributed to my rather long absence. But like so many temporarily quitted members, I also found my way back eventually. Don't know if anyone missed me but anyway here I am.

If you can't guess who I am, try deleting "UndHagen" from my nickname.  ;)

André

Hi Alberich, welcome back!

Cato

Quote from: AlberichUndHagen on October 28, 2019, 12:18:09 PM
I'm back finally, as well. The reason for my absense was because I accidentally managed to lock myself out of Gmg by messing with my account settings. That, combined with a certain unpleasant occurrence on this forum contributed to my rather long absence. But like so many temporarily quitted members, I also found my way back eventually. Don't know if anyone missed me but anyway here I am.

We always need more members from Finland!   0:)   
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Mirror Image

Alberich! It's great hearing from you again! Hope you stick around this time. 8)

Moonfish

Can I call you Hagen?    :P
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Que

Welcome back!  :)

Q

vandermolen

Quote from: Cato on October 28, 2019, 05:57:31 PM
We always need more members from Finland!   0:)

Definitely! Welcome back from me too.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

Welcome back --- and don't forget to bring Miss Piggy back too.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

aligreto

And another welcome back from me.

AlberichUndHagen

Quote from: Moonfish on October 28, 2019, 10:29:19 PM
Can I call you Hagen?    :P

Go ahead. :) As a matter of fact, I tried first to make comeback under nickname of Hagen, but I couldn't receive my activation email no matter how many times I requested it. That was one of the main reasons for my absence but eventually I was adviced To use Yahoo mail instead and sure enough, this time it worked. In fact, maybe my new nickname is for the better because why take only Alberich or only Hagen when you could have them both!  8)

AlberichUndHagen

Also, thank you for the welcoming committee, guys!

Karl Henning

Welcome back!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

AlberichUndHagen

j winter

Quote from: AlberichUndHagen on October 29, 2019, 05:19:39 AM
Go ahead. :) As a matter of fact, I tried first to make comeback under nickname of Hagen, but I couldn't receive my activation email no matter how many times I requested it. That was one of the main reasons for my absence but eventually I was adviced To use Yahoo mail instead and sure enough, this time it worked. In fact, maybe my new nickname is for the better because why take only Alberich or only Hagen when you could have them both!  8)

That's the exact same thing that happened to me -- I edited the profile of my old account to change the email address from Yahoo to hotmail, and I've been locked out of that account ever since.  I finally created a new account using my old yahoo email, and that worked.

Anyhoo, welcome!  :)
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice