Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlberichUndHagen

SymphonicAddict

Great to see several absent members have come back. Now, if just cilgwyn did the same.  :(

aligreto

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on October 29, 2019, 09:46:45 AM
Great to see several absent members have come back. Now, if just cilgwyn did the same.  :(

+1
I did enjoy his unique contributions so much.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: AlberichUndHagen on October 28, 2019, 12:18:09 PM
I'm back finally, as well...

Good to see you, one of our few Wagnerites, back with us again!

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: aligreto on October 29, 2019, 11:09:59 AM
+1
I did enjoy his unique contributions so much.

Utterly unique, and he was always a great read. I miss him.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Moonfish

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on October 29, 2019, 01:34:45 PM
Good to see you, one of our few Wagnerites, back with us again!

Sarge

I like Wagner!  8)
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

vandermolen

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on October 29, 2019, 09:46:45 AM

Absolutely! I miss his posts with their contextual information very much. I found his inexplicable departure disconcerting. I'm ever hopeful that Pohjola's Daughter will find her way out of Tuonela as well.

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Ken B

What happened to Muzio?

SimonNZ

Quote from: Ken B on November 01, 2019, 09:35:02 PM
What happened to Muzio?

He offered some trolling just yesterday.

schnittkease

Which was the post that pushed him over the edge?

DaveF

Just noticed, after going back to the "Blown Away" thread to talk to Cato and SymphonicAddict about Sibelius 7, that the latter has left us.
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

aligreto

Quote from: DaveF on November 17, 2019, 12:03:24 PM
Just noticed.... SymphonicAddict.... has left us.

That is a pity. I liked SymphonicAddict's contributions. 

Cato

Quote from: aligreto on November 17, 2019, 12:32:48 PM
That is a pity. I liked SymphonicAddict's contributions.

Very sad!  What happened?   0:)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

André

kyjo

Oh dear! I was very alarmed to log in today to see Cesar (SymphonicAddict) listed as a Guest! What on earth happened to him?! ??? :(
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Mirror Image

What?!?!? SymphonicAddict is gone? :-\ That's really a shame. I liked his posts a lot and I truly felt that I was getting closer to him with the Sibelius chats we had. I do hope he reconsiders and comes back, but, in the meantime, he will be missed.

Moonfish

Maybe he encountered one of the GMG trolls....? 
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Irons

Alarmed to hear that Symphonic Addict has left. He possessed a deep knowledge of music.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 17, 2019, 06:47:55 PM
What?!?!? SymphonicAddict is gone? :-\ That's really a shame. I liked his posts a lot... I do hope he reconsiders and comes back, but, in the meantime, he will be missed.

+ 1.

I can't imagine what could have made him take such a radical decision. This is very similar to cylgwin's departure.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Gurn Blanston

To briefly answer (not!) the questions concerning the departure of SA, all I can say is that he left behind no manifesto with the Mods declaring his intentions, nor blaming it all on MI & Florestan, or any such thing. I read his latest posts and detected no sign of discord. Best thing is to not speculate, since there is little to go by, and if you received info in a private message, remember it's private for a reason. Perhaps he will return as abruptly as he left, perhaps he won't... :-\

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)