Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prémont

Quote from: Que on April 12, 2020, 11:41:24 AM
I have reason to believe that the reappearance of a certain member might have something to do with this.

Some of Marc's posts might give the impression that he got tired of the forum in general.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

staxomega

Quote from: "Harry" on April 12, 2020, 10:23:49 AM
Why for Pete's sake would Mark delete his account. That is a huge loss for GMG.

Agreed, I really enjoyed his organ posts :(

Que

Quote from: (: premont :) on April 12, 2020, 12:28:26 PM
Some of Marc's posts might give the impression that he got tired of the forum in general.

True.

vandermolen

Quote from: springrite on April 12, 2020, 10:13:35 AM
I think I just posted once since the pandemic started back when it was just an epidemic. I have been busy (and safe) and have lost about 10 lbs. Otherwise everything is well.

I am back but won't be posting a lot like before, though.

Hope you keep safe and well Paul.
All strength to you.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

prémont

Marc writes in a mail he recently sent me, that he is in good health and wish all of you the best.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

ritter

Quote from: (: premont :) on April 13, 2020, 01:53:42 AM
Marc writes in a mail he recently sent me, that he is in good health and wish all of you the best.
Good news!  :)

Que

Quote from: (: premont :) on April 13, 2020, 01:53:42 AM

Thanks!  :)

Please wish him an enjoyable break from the forum, which most of us need from time to time.  8)

GioCar

Quote from: ritter on April 12, 2020, 12:14:32 PM
Another member who's been absent (for months, in this case) is king ubu. Anyone had news from him?

Hola Rafael,
I'm in contact with him on a quite regular basis. He's well, although he underwent a little surgery a few weeks ago, just before the Covid patients started flooding the hospitals. But now he's ok, a bit depressed because of the cancellation of all music events in Zurich. He used to go somewhere (concerts, opera, jazz, etc.) almost every evening. Hard times for someone like him, now...

mc ukrneal

Quote from: springrite on April 12, 2020, 10:13:35 AM
I think I just posted once since the pandemic started back when it was just an epidemic. I have been busy (and safe) and have lost about 10 lbs. Otherwise everything is well.

I am back but won't be posting a lot like before, though.
Stay healthy and safe!
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ritter

Quote from: GioCar on April 13, 2020, 04:20:35 AM
Hola Rafael,
I'm in contact with him on a quite regular basis. He's well, although he underwent a little surgery a few weeks ago, just before the Covid patients started flooding the hospitals. But now he's ok, a bit depressed because of the cancellation of all music events in Zurich. He used to go somewhere (concerts, opera, jazz, etc.) almost every evening. Hard times for someone like him, now...
Grazie, Gio. Good to know his better now. Perhaps sharing his enthusiasm for music o  GMG can help bolster king ubu's spirits (but that's for him to decide, of course).

Ti saluto,

Rafael

Ratliff

Quote from: GioCar on April 13, 2020, 04:20:35 AM
Hola Rafael,

The shelter at home orders have not affected my lifestyle at all. :(

Ratliff

Quote from: hvbias on April 12, 2020, 01:54:02 PM
Agreed, I really enjoyed his organ posts :(

Same here, his knowledge and good humor will be missed.

Ratliff

I stumbled across this, which seems to mark the point where Marc decided to hit the eject button:

Quote from: Marc on March 10, 2020, 11:01:31 AM
This board is getting boring. I'm outta here.

In the venerable where are you on the political spectrum thread.

Florestan

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on April 14, 2020, 08:19:35 PM
I stumbled across this, which seems to mark the point where Marc decided to hit the eject button:

In the venerable where are you on the political spectrum thread.

You got that post completely wrong. Read it in the context and you'll see what I mean. Further proof is that he deleted his account much later and after posting quite a lot of other posts in other threads.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

prémont

I haven't seen aligreto the last week, It's unusual for him with long pauses.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

aligreto

Quote from: (: premont :) on April 20, 2020, 01:52:10 PM
I haven't seen aligreto the last week, It's unusual for him with long pauses.

Fear not for he has just returned from his travels around the house many times  ;D

ritter

Quote from: aligreto on April 21, 2020, 04:41:40 AM
Fear not for he has just returned from his travels around the house many times  ;D
Welcome back! Tell us all about your adventures.... ;)

aligreto

Well Sir, in the jungle of a room in the midst of redecoration there were many dangerous obstacles to overcome. However, I did prevail and subsequently emerged with a profusion of glorious surrounding mono colour.
I also had many scary adventures scaling the heights of my staircase many times but I finally succeeded in achieving the summit attic. After so many precarious adventures one is left exhausted and is only more than willing to return to the quiet life once more.
I trust that my trials and tribulations do not adversely affect your gentle constitution.

ritter

Fascinating, Sir! In the current circumstances, that reads almost like a novel by R. L. Stevenson... :)