Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: ritter on April 21, 2020, 06:29:44 AM
Fascinating, Sir! In the current circumstances, that reads almost like a novel by R. L. Stevenson... :)

Voyage autour de ma chambre! (it was actually written, by Xavier de Maistre)
Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

aligreto

Quote from: ritter on April 21, 2020, 06:29:44 AM
Fascinating, Sir! In the current circumstances, that reads almost like a novel by R. L. Stevenson... :)

Well Sir, I am considering a leather bound vellum edition with gold leaf trimmings of my rustic tales. Should it come to fruition I will forward an autographed copy.

aligreto

Quote from: Florestan on April 21, 2020, 06:45:07 AM
Voyage autour de ma chambre! (it was actually written, by Xavier de Maistre)

'Phoning my legal team to investigate any copyright due to me  ;)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: aligreto on April 21, 2020, 07:16:07 AM
:laugh:  :)
Pohjolas Daughter

Florestan

Quote from: aligreto on April 21, 2020, 07:16:07 AM

Taisteal timpeall mo sheomra:D

Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

aligreto

Quote from: Florestan on April 21, 2020, 07:22:01 AM
Taisteal timpeall mo sheomra:D

Maith an fear  8)

I will give you all translation rights  ;)

Florestan

Quote from: aligreto on April 21, 2020, 07:24:06 AM
Maith an fear  8)

I will give you all translation rights  ;)

I'll settle for fifty-fifty and a box of your favorite Pinot Noir :-*

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on April 21, 2020, 04:41:40 AM
Fear not for he has just returned from his travels around the house many times  ;D
Excellent news!
Sounds like you have been on an epic adventure which surely should be made into a film.
Soundtrack by Dario Marianelli (of 'Everest' fame).
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

aligreto

Quote from: vandermolen on April 21, 2020, 01:24:02 PM
Excellent news!
Sounds like you have been on an epic adventure which surely should be made into a film.
Soundtrack by Dario Marianelli (of 'Everest' fame).
:)

Jeffrey, I am simply worn out after my travels and adventures but the stories yet to be recounted will compensate for my travails.

vandermolen

Quote from: aligreto on April 22, 2020, 05:47:04 AM
Jeffrey, I am simply worn out after my travels and adventures but the stories yet to be recounted will compensate for my travails.
Excellent Fergus. Delighted to hear it!
;D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Ratliff

He has decamped for the other forum. He occasionally surfaces here when the other forum had technical difficulties.

Karl Henning

Quote from: FelixSkodi on May 11, 2020, 06:19:47 PM
Is Don/Bulldog still around?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

No, this is the place. I'm not sure.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Ratliff

Quote from: FelixSkodi on May 11, 2020, 07:18:44 PM
Thanks! Just glanced over there and saw Heck as well.  ;D

Shhhh, you didn't hear it from me!

FelixSkodi

kyjo

Hi all, I hope you're all doing well doing in these most unusual times! It's been quite a while since I've posted here on GMG, and having recently completed my bachelor's degree in cello performance at Carnegie Mellon University I'll have more free time until - hopefully (given the circumstances) - beginning my masters' degree at the Eastman School of Music in the fall. Though I haven't been posting here much, I've still been listening to a lot of music and making great new discoveries all the time which I hope to share with you all! :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: kyjo on May 14, 2020, 08:23:47 PM
Hi all, I hope you're all doing well doing in these most unusual times! It's been quite a while since I've posted here on GMG, and having recently completed my bachelor's degree in cello performance at Carnegie Mellon University I'll have more free time until - hopefully (given the circumstances) - beginning my masters' degree at the Eastman School of Music in the fall. Though I haven't been posting here much, I've still been listening to a lot of music and making great new discoveries all the time which I hope to share with you all! :)

Congrats, Kyle!
My brother was an Eastman grad. Great school, well done!

Mirror Image

Quote from: kyjo on May 14, 2020, 08:23:47 PM

Good to see you back, Kyle! Congratulations on obtaining your bachelor's and continuing your studies at the Eastman School of Music! Very impressive, indeed.

kyjo

Is it just me, or did about a page's worth of the most recent posts in this thread get deleted within the past few days?
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Que

Quote from: kyjo on May 27, 2020, 10:31:28 PM
Is it just me, or did about a page's worth of the most recent posts in this thread get deleted within the past few days?

You must haved missed the crash:

https://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,29856.0.html